+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MZASAM said:
I too wish to express my sincere thanks and gratitude to Asivad, you and all others for timely guidance. I am in the process of gathering documents for PNP/PT

I read your comments very carefully:

Note: Please spare a few moments to read the following. Thanks

"Human beings who reach the pinnacles of glory by dint of their destiny and yet have their feet firmly grounded.

On this forum group of people who struggled to transform dreams into realities thru sincerity, dedicated efforts, are helping all of us.

Majority of us are busy assembling a verbal collage confusing the experts many a times instead of framing their queries properly.

But these wonderful guys on this forum are the role models who are dedicating their time selflessly with great patience to help all aspirants.

Very rare in the present era.
Thanks a ton! Happy to help :) .

Good luck and all the very best!

aakash07

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Hey Raj,

I started my post secondary diploma in JAN 2013 and completed it in AUG 2013.

I worked from NOV 2013 till NOV 2014. I already have Work-experience certificate as per CIC format. I also have work contract and pay stubs.

Because I have applied under CEC in NOV 2014. However, my file was returned stating that quota was full and apply under EE.

Now, could I apply for OINP under CEC category?

Please help.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aakash07 said:
Hey Raj,

I started my post secondary diploma in JAN 2013 and completed it in AUG 2013.

I worked from NOV 2013 till NOV 2014. I already have Work-experience certificate as per CIC format. I also have work contract and pay stubs.

Because I have applied under CEC in NOV 2014. However, my file was returned stating that quota was full and apply under EE.

Now, could I apply for OINP under CEC category?

Please help.
1) Create EE profile.
2) If you have 400+ CRS, Ontario will send PT.
3) Apply to Ontario, be assessed as CEC applicant and get nominated.
4) Get ITA.
5) Apply for PR under CEC category.

Good luck!

Ashdeep

Jul 19, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys. I have a question that my employer gave me letter for Canadian experience for one year that says 80 hours biweekly but my pay stubs say 78.50 hours because I don't get paid for my breaks, do you guys think it would be an issue I have full one year of experience with 2460 hours of work and bank statements and everything else shows the same thing as my work place letter except hours of work.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Ashdeep said:
Hey guys. I have a question that my employer gave me letter for Canadian experience for one year that says 80 hours biweekly but my pay stubs say 78.50 hours because I don't get paid for my breaks, do you guys think it would be an issue I have full one year of experience with 2460 hours of work and bank statements and everything else shows the same thing as my work place letter except hours of work.
As long as you have worked at least 30 hours per week and at least 1560 hours over a span of 12 months, you are good to go!

Kiru1608

Jan 11, 2016
Take a look at the following -

IMO, that implies that we should have at least one year of continuous work experience.

Say, for instance, you have 5 years of work experience. You have worked for 6 companies in 5 years.

Company A - 9 months (30 hrs/week)
Company B - 8 months (30 hrs/week)
Company C - 12 months (30 hrs/week)
Company D - 11 months (30 hrs/week)
Company E - 10 months (30 hrs/week)
Company F - 10 months (30 hrs/week)

Lets assume all this was in the past 10 years.

Since you have at least 12 months of continuous work experience, you are eligible.

If the below were the case, even if you do have more than required experience but you do not have at least one year of continuous experience, there might be a problem and you might not be able to apply. Whatever experience you have besides this one year continuous requirement can be as broken as you wish, could be the work experience from multiple employers, could be under a different NOC. That is my interpretation from the verbiage on the CIC website.

Company A - 9 months (30 hrs/week)
Company B - 9 months (30 hrs/week)
Company C - 11 months (30 hrs/week)
Company D - 11 months (30 hrs/week)
Company E - 10 months (30 hrs/week)
Company F - 10 months (30 hrs/week)

Asivad - Could you please clarify this?
Hey Raj... Thank you so much for your time to explain.A special thanks to Mr. Anac. I understand your explanations. But I recently came across operational bulletin 93 and 101 which talks about work experience.

Operational Bulletins 093 – December 29, 2008

Operational Bulletins 101 – February 27, 2009

Kindly go through fifth question of these operations bulletin and please let me know whether I can rely on those statements.

Ashdeep

Jul 19, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
As long as you have worked at least 30 hours per week and at least 1560 hours over a span of 12 months, you are good to go!
Ok thank you friend.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiru1608 said:
Hey Raj... Thank you so much for your time to explain.A special thanks to Mr. Anac. I understand your explanations. But I recently came across operational bulletin 93 and 101 which talks about work experience.

Operational Bulletins 093 – December 29, 2008

Operational Bulletins 101 – February 27, 2009

Kindly go through fifth question of these operations bulletin and please let me know whether I can rely on those statements.
These operational bulletins have expired.

sreeraj115@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015
Hello Raj,

This is a very informative post. I can see all the information that I painstakingly gathered from various sites available right here. My name is Sreeraj, an Indian expat engineer living in Qatar. Presently I am in "Pre-ITA" phase of Express Entry, with a CRS score of 441 under Federal Skilled Worker Category. I wonder if you could help with my doubts which I have listed below.

1. I had trouble while I left my first employer in India and didnt receive a relieving letter/experience letter from them. However, I have managed to
obtain reference letters from few of my senior ex-colleagues covering all the requirements mentioned in CIC website, except the company letter
head. Also, I can submit copies of their visiting cards, my employment contract and salary slips. Will it help?

2. I read somewhere that if I manage to get a job offer from Canada with positive LMIA, there is no need for submitting POF. How true is this
information? If it is true and if I get my Canadian Visa and then manage to get a job before moving there, is it required to bring the settlement
amount mentioned in POF?

3. Is there any particular format for POF letter? Or can we submit it in any format provided that we include all the information required?
If i have a pending loan in the bank from where I am obtaining the POF, will it be rejected?

Thanks in advance,
Sreeraj

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sreeraj115@gmail.com said:
Hello Raj,

This is a very informative post. I can see all the information that I painstakingly gathered from various sites available right here. My name is Sreeraj, an Indian expat engineer living in Qatar. Presently I am in "Pre-ITA" phase of Express Entry, with a CRS score of 441 under Federal Skilled Worker Category. I wonder if you could help with my doubts which I have listed below.

1. I had trouble while I left my first employer in India and didnt receive a relieving letter/experience letter from them. However, I have managed to
obtain reference letters from few of my senior ex-colleagues covering all the requirements mentioned in CIC website, except the company letter
head. Also, I can submit copies of their visiting cards, my employment contract and salary slips. Will it help?

This should suffice. Notarize the letter.

2. I read somewhere that if I manage to get a job offer from Canada with positive LMIA, there is no need for submitting POF. How true is this
information? If it is true and if I get my Canadian Visa and then manage to get a job before moving there, is it required to bring the settlement
amount mentioned in POF?

If you have a job offer with LMIA OR if you are invited under CEC, you are exempt from showing POF. After you get the PR, whether you bring funds or not is up to you but the requirement of having to show funds is absent in such cases.

3. Is there any particular format for POF letter? Or can we submit it in any format provided that we include all the information required?
If i have a pending loan in the bank from where I am obtaining the POF, will it be rejected?

No particular format. Get the letter from the bank. It is enough if they mention your name, account number, date of opening of account, available funds (optionally the CAD equivalent) and 6 months average balance (optional - not all banks provide this). Along with this, get 6 months back statements stamped.

If you are disclosing your loan, then make sure that after subtracting liabilities from assets, you still have the minimum or greater than minimum funds.

Thanks in advance,
Sreeraj

vananhthai

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Hello,

Can someone please advice me? I have applied for MPNP and got a Letter of Advice to Apply. Since through this program, I have to depend on my relative to sponsor, whom I feel a little flaky about this process. In circumstances, I'm afraid she's not able to help. So, should I apply for Express Entry at the same time to increase my chances or will it back fire and decrease my application with Manitoba Nominee Provincial Program? I think I have a good chance with EE since I've lived and worked in the US for the past 12 years, and at one point did have H1B visa. My deadline to submit the application with MPNP is closely approaching, would really appreciate it if someone could give me advice on what to do. Thank you very much for your help.

Vi

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vananhthai said:
Hello,

Can someone please advice me? I have applied for MPNP and got a Letter of Advice to Apply. Since through this program, I have to depend on my relative to sponsor, whom I feel a little flaky about this process. In circumstances, I'm afraid she's not able to help. So, should I apply for Express Entry at the same time to increase my chances or will it back fire and decrease my application with Manitoba Nominee Provincial Program? I think I have a good chance with EE since I've lived and worked in the US for the past 12 years, and at one point did have H1B visa. My deadline to submit the application with MPNP is closely approaching, would really appreciate it if someone could give me advice on what to do. Thank you very much for your help.

Vi
Is this the offline process you are talking about? Manitoba offers nominations for people applying through the EE system too.

You could apply for EE (if you satisfy the eligible criteria) but I can't tell you what your chances are of getting invited without knowing your CRS.

Having said that, you having held a US visa or your work experience in the US, IMO, will not add any additional merit other than giving you CRS points if you do claim points for that experience.
Check if you are eligible for EE here -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

Check your CRS here -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Ontariolove

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2015
AOR Received.
21-12-2015
File Transfer...
23-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-5-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Awesome post!

ClaireAero

Nov 24, 2015
Hi
I am sending my documents to WES. I have two degrees (BE and MBA) from the same university. I got two sealed envelope from them.

Do I need to send
1. two couriers or
2. put both papers in one sealed envelope or
3. 2 sealed envelope in one big envelope?

Thanks
Claire

ClaireAero

Nov 24, 2015
Hi
I am sending my documents to WES. I have two degrees (BE and MBA) from the same university. I got two sealed envelope from them.

Do I need to send
1. two couriers or
2. put both papers in one sealed envelope or
3. 2 sealed envelope in one big envelope?

Thanks
Claire