+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aakash07 said:
I had sufficient funds till December 2015 then I transferred some of my funds to my friend. Now, by the end of January, I will have more then required fund.

Is it compulsory to see required balance for OINP throughout six months?

Please help me guys.
I guess you should be fine if you have the money when you submit the application. As long as the money is yours AND you can prove it, you got nothing to worry about.

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
I suppose you could choose 2 or more degrees.

Check this out -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
Which one you need to select 2 or more degress? Both credentials?

1. Bachelors - 2 or more or Bachelors
2. Post secondary - 2 or more?

aakash07

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Hello Raj,

I don't have work permit or visitor visa for Canada.

However, I have 1 year work exp n 1 year study at Canada.

So should I apply under CEC category for OINP, As I am currently living in India?

Or I have to choose FSW for OINP

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aakash07 said:
Hello Raj,

I don't have work permit or visitor visa for Canada.

However, I have 1 year work exp n 1 year study at Canada.

So should I apply under CEC category for OINP, As I am currently living in India?

Or I have to choose FSW for OINP
If that work experience was gained in the past 3 years and you worked for at least 30 hours per week under NOC 0/A/B, you can apply under CEC.

aakash07

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Thanks

I left that job in Nov 2014 n It was under NOC B category. My experience certificate also state that I have worked for 40hours/week.

Is it enough to apply under CEC category for OINP?

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please advise: POF

My situation

Scenario 1. I have account in Bank XXXXXX, where my salary, bonus gets deposited for over five years.

No amount to show $15,143 as POF for two people.

Scenario 2. I have a dormant account in Bank YYYYYY which I can activate.

My parents are ready to gift us $15,143 and more and are ready to provide any document required.

Please inform the documents needed.

Can I go ahead with scenario 2.

Please advise ASAP

jazzyapd

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
3 years gives you maximum CRS points so it is sufficient if you disclose this job alone in the EE profile.

After you get ITA, you need to mention only this job in the work history section and retain all other jobs in the personal history section alone. This way, you would not have to provide reference letters for your previous jobs.
Thanks a ton for your response Raj! You rock!

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you still need to submit experience or reference letter, if you mentioned the work experience in Personal history section (but not in Work experience section)?

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivekforbes said:
Do you still need to submit experience or reference letter, if you mentioned the work experience in Personal history section (but not in Work experience section)?
Nope, only the stuff in your work history requires letters.

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ozlis said:
Nope, only the stuff in your work history requires letters.
Thanks. What do you need to mention in personal history? like duration, employer name, designation? Can i just omit the that duration in personal section also or i needed to mention?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MZASAM said:
Please advise: POF

My situation

Scenario 1. I have account in Bank XXXXXX, where my salary, bonus gets deposited for over five years.

No amount to show $15,143 as POF for two people.

Scenario 2. I have a dormant account in Bank YYYYYY which I can activate.

My parents are ready to gift us $15,143 and more and are ready to provide any document required.

Please inform the documents needed.

Can I go ahead with scenario 2.

Please advise ASAP
You could go with scenario 2 if you will be able to make a gift deed. Along with gift deed, you would need -
1) Proof of debit from your parents account - statement showing proof of debit. A photocopy of the cheque, along with the statement would be great!
2) Proof of credit into your account. Statement highlighting the proof of credit into your account.

As usual, you would need a letter from the bank and 6 months statements! If you could only do scenario 2 using the bank account in scenario 1, should be perfect!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aakash07 said:
Thanks

I left that job in Nov 2014 n It was under NOC B category. My experience certificate also state that I have worked for 40hours/week.

Is it enough to apply under CEC category for OINP?
So, you worked from November November 2013 till November 2014.

If your ref letter is as per CIC format, you are good to go!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vivekforbes said:
Thanks. What do you need to mention in personal history? like duration, employer name, designation? Can i just omit the that duration in personal section also or i needed to mention?
If you don't mention it in personal history section, its willful misrepresentation. You must retain all necessary details (in the past 10 years) in the personal history section.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I too wish to express my sincere thanks and gratitude to Asivad, you and all others for timely guidance. I am in the process of gathering documents for PNP/PT

I read your comments very carefully:

Note: Please spare a few moments to read the following. Thanks

"Human beings who reach the pinnacles of glory by dint of their destiny and yet have their feet firmly grounded.

On this forum group of people who struggled to transform dreams into realities thru sincerity, dedicated efforts, are helping all of us.

Majority of us are busy assembling a verbal collage confusing the experts many a times instead of framing their queries properly.

But these wonderful guys on this forum are the role models who are dedicating their time selflessly with great patience to help all aspirants.

Very rare in the present era.

Reactions: YPal