Express Entry in a nutshell

jazzyapd

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Raj,
Thanks for dedicating such great time and effort towards helping to clarify the Express Entry process for us all.

My question is with regards to adding Work Experience in my EE profile in the Pre-ITA phase. I will be applying for NOC category 2174 and I have been in my current full time job as a Programmer Analyst for almost 3 years now, so I know that this employment will take care of the 1 Year employment requirement for EE. How necessary is it to add my past work experience that is not related to the NOC 2174 in my EE Profile, especially if any of these jobs were held with organizations that are now defunct thus making it impossible for me to get detailed reference letters? Also, I had done some part-time work during the course of my Masters study program as a Research Assistant. I am thinking that this part-time employment won't be used towards my final CRS; is my thinking correct on this and should I include this experience in my profile?
Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Jazzyapd

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jazzyapd said:
Hello Raj,
Thanks for dedicating such great time and effort towards helping to clarify the Express Entry process for us all.

My question is with regards to adding Work Experience in my EE profile in the Pre-ITA phase. I will be applying for NOC category 2174 and I have been in my current full time job as a Programmer Analyst for almost 3 years now, so I know that this employment will take care of the 1 Year employment requirement for EE. How necessary is it to add my past work experience that is not related to the NOC 2174 in my EE Profile, especially if any of these jobs were held with organizations that are now defunct thus making it impossible for me to get detailed reference letters? Also, I had done some part-time work during the course of my Masters study program as a Research Assistant. I am thinking that this part-time employment won't be used towards my final CRS; is my thinking correct on this and should I include this experience in my profile?
Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Jazzyapd
3 years gives you maximum CRS points so it is sufficient if you disclose this job alone in the EE profile.

After you get ITA, you need to mention only this job in the work history section and retain all other jobs in the personal history section alone. This way, you would not have to provide reference letters for your previous jobs.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Junkon said:
Thanks for encouragement! It really does help!

I have another question.
I've seen a discussion about employer's reference letter and I have an issue with it too.
Superviser gave us this letter, it is overall quite good and comprehensive, but he specified date of the start of employement and of the transfer to another position (with the same NOC) in month/year format without concrete date.
Is it important, taking into consideration that overall time of employment is more than 7 years (till present) at the same place? (40-70 h/week)

At the same time HR dept gave us an official form, where are right date of start of the employment, but without information about transfer, only current job title mentioned. Is it safe to use it with reference letter, or it could be regarded as misinformation?

Could you, or anybody, advise me?
If only the transfer date is missing, then you could use this letter along with supporting documentation to prove your transfer and a LOE that explains your situation.

Sep 15, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
B) Employer Reference letters are required for the PA. The reference letter must be as specified by CIC. You can find the details of what the reference letters should be like in the link provided at the end of this section.

Depending on where the applicant works, the time taken for employers to issue these reference letters vary. So, it is important to be prepared and apply for the reference letter at the earliest. Please note that reference letters issued by employers while you quit the job is valid indefinitely while the reference letter issued by your current employer is generally valid for one year.

-rajkamalmohanram
Thank you so much for detailed description.

I have a question that do I need reference letter from previous employers as well (worked in India earlier) ?

I can get reference letter from my current employer but from the previous employers (India) I have offer letter, experience certificate and relieving letter. So do I need reference letter also from previous Indian employers as well?

Thanks.

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rajkamalmohan, hey its possible to add bit more explanation about selecting level of education and two or more certificates. I went through all the post related to selecting level of education, and still i am not clear what to select.

Thanks for your effort.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jaishreekrishna said:
Thank you so much for detailed description.

I have a question that do I need reference letter from previous employers as well (worked in India earlier) ?

I can get reference letter from my current employer but from the previous employers (India) I have offer letter, experience certificate and relieving letter. So do I need reference letter also from previous Indian employers as well?

Thanks.
If you are claiming points for that particular job, then you need reference letter. All the other documents are supporting documents but you need a reference letter with job duties.

If your employer is refusing to give the letter, you can get it from a senior ex-colleague or ex-manager and get it notarized. You can submit this with all the other supporting documents you have mentioned and a LOE.

If you are not claiming points for that job, then you do not need reference letters for it (you will be retaining this only in the personal history section in your post ITA profile).

Good luck.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vivekforbes said:
@rajkamalmohan, hey its possible to add bit more explanation about selecting level of education and two or more certificates. I went through all the post related to selecting level of education, and still i am not clear what to select.

Thanks for your effort.
Could you please tell me what your ECA report says?

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Could you please tell me what your ECA report says?
1. ECA report for Foreign degree - Bachelors degree (4 years)
2. Canadian Post Secondary diploma (2 Years)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vivekforbes said:
1. ECA report for Foreign degree - Bachelors degree (4 years)
2. Canadian Post Secondary diploma (2 Years)
You can most definitely choose 2 or more degrees!

You can refer this link -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

ClaireAero

Nov 24, 2015
A query on Police clearance certificate.

Do I need to produce Spouse PCC, even if he is not applying for PR?? I have tried contacting the Consulate through mail, but no response.
Please clarify.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ClaireAero said:
A query on Police clearance certificate.

Do I need to produce Spouse PCC, even if he is not applying for PR?? I have tried contacting the Consulate through mail, but no response.
Please clarify.
Yes.

Check this out -

Police certificates

As part of a complete application, applicants, their spouse or common-law partner and their dependent children 18 years of age or older (including non-accompanying dependants) must submit a valid PC for all countries or territories (except Canada) in which they have lived consecutively for six months or more, since the age of 18.
Here's the link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Scroll down to the "Police Certificates" section.

ClaireAero

Nov 24, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes.

Check this out -

Here's the link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Scroll down to the "Police Certificates" section.
Thank you, unfortunately, I will not be able to get a PCC for my spouse.

aakash07

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
I had sufficient funds till December 2015 then I transferred some of my funds to my friend. Now, by the end of January, I will have more then required fund.

Is it compulsory to see required balance for OINP throughout six months?

Please help me guys.

sultaan07

Jan 21, 2016
hey Friends,

I was confused while selecting level of education and "two or more certificates". I went through all the post related to selecting level of education, and still i am not clear what to select.

I have ECA report for my Bachelor's (4 years)
I completed 1 year Post-secondary diploma from Canada (Fast-track program)

Could I select "two or more certificates" section?

Please help.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sultaan07 said:
hey Friends,

I was confused while selecting level of education and "two or more certificates". I went through all the post related to selecting level of education, and still i am not clear what to select.

I have ECA report for my Bachelor's (4 years)
I completed 1 year Post-secondary diploma from Canada (Fast-track program)

Could I select "two or more certificates" section?

Please help.
I suppose you could choose 2 or more degrees.

Check this out -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp