+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
It has been two years since I left guess i might try calling my employer and see how it goes or maybe i just wont claim points for it and move forward :/
If you have over 3 years except that you can let it go. But, if not try it. Even I had to get letters from employments which were older than 5 years.

abhasachdev

Sep 6, 2018
The options i am getting are:
1. None or less than secondary (high school)
2. Secondary Diploma (high school graduation)
3. One year program at a university , college, trade or technical school, or other institute
4. two year program at a university , college, trade or technical school, or other institute
5. Bachelor's degree or a three or more year program at a university , college , trade, or technical school
6.MAster's degree or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
7. Doctotal level university degree (PHD).

There is no option of 2 or more degree. I got 2 degrees evaluated, so for my B.com i have chosen option 5. but for my MBA there is no 1 year post graduation diploma available.
Will this reduce my points in the end?
In the comprehensive points tool, there was an option of 2 or more degrees which is not showing while i am filing the form for Express Entry on the website.

Please help urgently

What are the options they give?

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
The options i am getting are:
1. None or less than secondary (high school)
2. Secondary Diploma (high school graduation)
3. One year program at a university , college, trade or technical school, or other institute
4. two year program at a university , college, trade or technical school, or other institute
5. Bachelor's degree or a three or more year program at a university , college , trade, or technical school
6.MAster's degree or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
7. Doctotal level university degree (PHD).

There is no option of 2 or more degree. I got 2 degrees evaluated, so for my B.com i have chosen option 5. but for my MBA there is no 1 year post graduation diploma available.
Will this reduce my points in the end?
In the comprehensive points tool, there was an option of 2 or more degrees which is not showing while i am filing the form for Express Entry on the website.

Please help urgently
I am sorry, this is confusing. Why you don't get that option, it is peculiar. I don't think that I can help as you need to include both.as per this the highest you can choose is # 5. but it will reduce the marks when you have 2 qualification

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
@Asiv adanac and @mdilushi could you please give me your insights
G
With regards to the job reference letter, I have uploaded a letter on the letterhead signed by the HR manager and the same letter but signed by my manager on a plain paper.
I have provided some explanation in the LOE that only HR manager is allowed to sign the letterhead and because of that I have provided both. Also I have explained in the LOE that my manager is the one who drafted the letter while the HR manager signed it after making the hr coordinator review it.
Was that ok?

Please help is needed

Asiv adanac

Sep 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
Fsw outland (india)
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
@Asiv adanac and @mdilushi could you please give me your insights
G
With regards to the job reference letter, I have uploaded a letter on the letterhead signed by the HR manager and the same letter but signed by my manager on a plain paper.
I have provided some explanation in the LOE that only HR manager is allowed to sign the letterhead and because of that I have provided both. Also I have explained in the LOE that my manager is the one who drafted the letter while the HR manager signed it after making the hr coordinator review it.
Was that ok?

Please help is needed
Hi, its cool, u neednt require to provide an explaniation for this. U are on strong grounds. Official letters from the hr manager is more than enough but ensure the crtierias of the contents in the employment letter required by cic are all met.

Reactions: Canadavisa92

abhasachdev

Sep 6, 2018
If I put BCOM and Mba separately, would it automatically consider 2 degrees later while calculating points? As it’s asking me to put as many options I have got evaluated.
Is there any contact number of this website where someone could answer my query? Or shud I start all over again?

I am sorry, this is confusing. Why you don't get that option, it is peculiar. I don't think that I can help as you need to include both.as per this the highest you can choose is # 5. but it will reduce the marks when you have 2 qualification

velocityblood

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
The number of candidates in the express entry pool table does not add up to the total number invited?
For e.g. in the last round 3,350 candidates got invited, with the cut off being 452. However, if you add the number of candidates in the pool table from the first two CRS ranges (CRS 601-1,200 - 209 candidates and CRS 451-600 - 1,981 candidates) it does not add up or even come close to the numbers invited. Can anyone explain this?
It happens because the table in the pool is prepared 1 week before the round of invitation so 1 week is sufficient for new canidatated to get added in the pool.

hisham1406

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
Hi,

I am in the process of making my profile (Pre ITA). I have a few questions, since I understand that I will have to provide documents in the final stage for the info I give here:

1. I got an ECA for a Master’s Degree. However, I got the evaluation done for both undergraduate and masters. My question is that when I am creating my profile should I just enter my master’s qualification, or should I enter both undergrad and masters?

2. Also, do I need to give details for my A-Levels (since I did not get this evaluated and secondly, I did this more than 10 years ago) or a foundation programme that I did before 10 years from today?

3. As per the NOC that I will apply for I have work experience from August 2013 to Feb 2016 in Pakistan and then Feb 2016 to present in Dubai as per below order:

Aug 13-Feb 16 in organization A (30 months) in Pakistan

Feb 16 to April 18 in Organization B (26 months) in Dubai

May 18 to July 18 in Organization C (3 months) in Dubai

August 19 to Current in Organization D (8 months) in Dubai

o Do I need to provide letters for all 4 organizations or can I skip the experience in Pakistan (just show that in personal history) and just include experience in Dubai (since its 3 plus years, I have 1 plus continuous year in organization B and the maximum points I can get is 50 which I do if I show 3 years)?

4. I have been working in the same NOC i.e. 1113, but during the 4 jobs I have had different tittle, i.e. FX dealer, Investment dealer etc but responsibilities have been more or less same. Can I use different titles when I get the experience letter from each organization or should I try to request the employers to have the same title?

5. When it comes to travel history, I can’t seem to find the correct answer for duration. Do I need to give it for the last 10 years or since I was 18?

Thanks and looking forward to your help.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Hi, its cool, u neednt require to provide an explaniation for this. U are on strong grounds. Official letters from the hr manager is more than enough but ensure the crtierias of the contents in the employment letter required by cic are all met.
Thank you, was there a problem though if I have already provided the explanation

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
If I put BCOM and Mba separately, would it automatically consider 2 degrees later while calculating points? As it’s asking me to put as many options I have got evaluated.
Is there any contact number of this website where someone could answer my query? Or shud I start all over again?
You meant to start filling the account again?

abhasachdev

Sep 6, 2018
Yes. But the options won’t change. The system is asking me to fill my each education separately. But there is no option as 1 year post graduation degree which Wes has given me. So what do I do, there is no option of overall selecting 2 or more degrees which would atleast increase my points little bit.
I’m the comprehensive points calculator, as we are not putting education separately, it has that option of 2 or more degrees. I am damm confused on what to do. Please help. Don’t want the points to reduce

You meant to start filling the account again?

blackdragon

Apr 3, 2019
If you have over 3 years except that you can let it go. But, if not try it. Even I had to get letters from employments which were older than 5 years.
I have only 1 year canadian experience that is why i am trying to claim points for my 3 year foreign work experience it is the only job i did in my country before coming to canada

abhasachdev

Sep 6, 2018
My MBA from Pune University has been evaluated as Postgraduation diploma (1 year). is this equal to the option -
"Master's degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession" . Should i choose this option in my Express Entry form or should i choose "One year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute". Which option should i choose while filing my profile form?

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
Yes. But the options won’t change. The system is asking me to fill my each education separately. But there is no option as 1 year post graduation degree which Wes has given me. So what do I do, there is no option of overall selecting 2 or more degrees which would atleast increase my points little bit.
I’m the comprehensive points calculator, as we are not putting education separately, it has that option of 2 or more degrees. I am damm confused on what to do. Please help. Don’t want the points to reduce
I got it i guess.

You meant when you are adding your education to EE profile?

Then when you add both separately, they will count it as 2 qualifications.

You will have to select option 3

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
I have only 1 year canadian experience that is why i am trying to claim points for my 3 year foreign work experience it is the only job i did in my country before coming to canada
Then you better try your best. Even I had an employer who refused to give a letter.

In the worst case, you can upload all the documents you have to support for this.