+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Vidal kamani

Jan 16, 2019
I hope, as a reader, you will be satisfied with the information on this blog post. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment. Feel free to share your suggestions about this post. Also, if you want me to add something to this post/write a post on other related topics, please ask. Thanks!
First of all, +1 to you for the time and effort.

This could a bible for many of us. Thank you so much!!![/QUOTE]

You are the best. But i have the impression its a 2 years process. However i will start right away

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
First of all, +1 to you for the time and effort.

This could a bible for many of us. Thank you so much!!!
Not necessarily. It really depends. Direct ITA vs PNP, number of countries you've visited (and the number of PCC s), getting picked for random security/quality checks etc .

My nomination printed took 11 months but post ITA, I got my application approved in exactly 4 months .

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
In my express entry they are saying "application is taking longer than usual time to process". what does that means? and how long does it takes? 6 months already complete now they put me under 20% cases
Unfortunately, there's no way to know how long it would take.

I would recommend applying for GCMS notes to see what exactly is going on with the application! While I understand the frustration and the agony, you have to try and be a little patient ( Trust me, I had to go through agonizing wait times as well - constantly being worried about the application never helps).

Wish you good luck and all the very best!

Reactions: sushminder

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello,

Appreciate help regarding the Proof of Funds (POF). We received the ITA from the recent, 10th JAN draw with my husband as the primary applicant. We put in CAN15,600 as the funds which at the moment we do not meet but are aiming to meet with our two months’ salaries to follow.

Please advise on the below:

1. My husband has an existing account and will show his own 6 months’ statement and other documents required.

2. I will be adding my husband’s name to my account to make this a joint account. Would we need to submit 6 months’ statement for this joint account as well? Or would a letter stating it as a joint account and my balance be enough?

3. I have a second account with the same back wherein, if we are not able to meet the POF in time, I plan on either selling / or gift deed from my sibling / parents and transfer the amount to the joint account (no.2). However, if we have to show a statement (back to point no.2) do I have to back it up with the statement form this second account?
Any suggestions on the above is appreciated!
Hi,

Why don't you just transfer all the funds to your husband's account and submit proof of the transaction + an affidavit stating that you have transferred the funds for immigration purposes? No need to convert your accounts to joint accounts.

After that, if you still don't have the required funds, your parents or sibling can give you a gift deed and deposit funds into your husband's account as opposed to your's. This is acceptable.

All the best

Reactions: DXB_CAN19

amanmann

Jan 20, 2019
Hiii there...
I've been working part time as a cashier for almost 2 years.my employer applied for LMIA (supervisor) last month. If i get positive lmia , can i apply for PR or do i have to wait for 1 year..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hiii there...
I've been working part time as a cashier for almost 2 years.my employer applied for LMIA (supervisor) last month. If i get positive lmia , can i apply for PR or do i have to wait for 1 year..
AFTER you complete 2 full years of part-time experience AND you are able to obtain a reference letter with duties that match the duties under the NOC that you choose, you should be good.

Remember that your roles should fall under under NOC category 0, A or B.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=375&top=29

Asifa s

Jan 16, 2019
Hi all
I am from India currently reside in UAE, planning to migrate to Canada, I visited many cunsultencies, can someone please suggest me which is more effective applying through cunsultency or by myself.

And also I would like to know if we apply through cunsultency what they do from start to end.
If I do by my self what are the steps from start to end.

Thanks in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi all
I am from India currently reside in UAE, planning to migrate to Canada, I visited many cunsultencies, can someone please suggest me which is more effective applying through cunsultency or by myself.

And also I would like to know if we apply through cunsultency what they do from start to end.
If I do by my self what are the steps from start to end.

Thanks in advance.

Read the first post in this thread. Plus, you can do it yourself if you can research things and apply. The first post in this thread should give you an overview of how the process works.

Reactions: Asifa s

Surexistence

Dec 17, 2018
Please I want to ask. I am a doctor by profession and I am trying to apply for the express entry FSW. I got a job offer but it's not related to my profession. I want to ask if a job offer in Canada must be related to my field. Please help I am confuse. Getting a job offer is the only way I can boost my points in the pool

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Please I want to ask. I am a doctor by profession and I am trying to apply for the express entry FSW. I got a job offer but it's not related to my profession. I want to ask if a job offer in Canada must be related to my field. Please help I am confuse. Getting a job offer is the only way I can boost my points in the pool
To claim points for a job offer, what you need is a ''Qualified Job Offer". What that means is that the job offer must be backed by a positive LMIA; which is a rather difficult and expensive process for the employer and is usually done only when they are not able to find local talent. A job offer that is not backed by a LMIA doesn't give you any points.

Surexistence

Dec 17, 2018
Must this
To claim points for a job offer, what you need is a ''Qualified Job Offer". What that means is that the job offer must be backed by a positive LMIA; which is a rather difficult and expensive process for the employer and is usually done only when they are not able to find local talent. A job offer that is not backed by a LMIA doesn't give you any points.
must the job offer that is backed up by LMIA fall within my profession?

Geetu Hanspal

Dec 28, 2018
Hello all.....m in post-ITA stage....i hv a previous government job for which i m not claiming points , hence, mentioned it in personal history... Do i need to provide any proof w.r.t. that job??? plz reply..its urgent....