+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Jan 3, 2019
And that remind me, my wife who is the principal applicant, her passport will expire Feb 7th, 2020. We feel that once they told her to send her passport definitely it will be like 6month for the passport to expire. Can she also renew her own passport to bcs just yesterday January 10th, 2019 she has received her ITA. Though we will send all our documents for submission before the end of February, 2019 and if we count 6month for the result to be out it willl like August 2019 I guess the best is renew her passport too so that she submit her document for application with the valid 12month u mention in my own. Pls reply.

Thanks

Jan 3, 2019
Kindly response to this:
In the application process, there is a section of OTHER NAME. Pls my wife married, before she is married. She bear her own name while she got married we did news paper publication for her change of name. Presently where is working, they requested for her evidence of change of name. So they collected that page where her change of name was published. Since the organization collected the original. We did photocopy. My question is, can scan that photocopy page of her change name to CIC and attach a letter to back it up or what do u think we can do? Pls kindly look into this while I expect your response.
Thanks

vbhar1

Jul 15, 2018
Proof of funds: Hi all, I have a query. I have received ITA. In order to show POF, can i take money from my relatives and show as proof of funds. If yes, can we do the same with any relative or only immediate family member. Also is there any gift deed required. Does it need to be notarised?

Njock

Oct 22, 2018
Very classic explanations. Thank You boss. Please one question. Do we have to apply for pnp separately from my express entry profile Or the provinces will select from my profile after I have submit my profile?
Secondly how do I know I have been selected for skilled worker? Is it through email or in my express entry profile ?
Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Very classic explanations. Thank You boss. Please one question. Do we have to apply for pnp separately from my express entry profile Or the provinces will select from my profile after I have submit my profile?
Secondly how do I know I have been selected for skilled worker? Is it through email or in my express entry profile ?
Thanks
Hi,

It depends on the province. The major one, Ontario will pick you from the express entry pool. So, you have to create your EE profile.
Read these threads for more info: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/provincial-nomination-program-immigration.6/

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Proof of funds: Hi all, I have a query. I have received ITA. In order to show POF, can i take money from my relatives and show as proof of funds. If yes, can we do the same with any relative or only immediate family member. Also is there any gift deed required. Does it need to be notarised?
Hi,

1- Yes, you can.
2- Has to be a close family member. I would say, sibling, or parent. Other close relatives can give the money but you would need to convince the officer that it is not a loan.
3- Yes, you need a gift deed.
4- Notarization adds legal validity to a document. So it's a definite must.

Reactions: vbhar1

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Kindly response to this:
In the application process, there is a section of OTHER NAME. Pls my wife married, before she is married. She bear her own name while she got married we did news paper publication for her change of name. Presently where is working, they requested for her evidence of change of name. So they collected that page where her change of name was published. Since the organization collected the original. We did photocopy. My question is, can scan that photocopy page of her change name to CIC and attach a letter to back it up or what do u think we can do? Pls kindly look into this while I expect your response.
Thanks
The original would be best but if you can't get it. Add a notarized name change affidavit to support the legal document.
Do you have your marriage certificate? It's the best proof of name change due to marriage.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
And that remind me, my wife who is the principal applicant, her passport will expire Feb 7th, 2020. We feel that once they told her to send her passport definitely it will be like 6month for the passport to expire. Can she also renew her own passport to bcs just yesterday January 10th, 2019 she has received her ITA. Though we will send all our documents for submission before the end of February, 2019 and if we count 6month for the result to be out it willl like August 2019 I guess the best is renew her passport too so that she submit her document for application with the valid 12month u mention in my own. Pls reply.

Thanks
Hi,

If you can get a new passport in a short period of time, I would say go for it.
If not, you can submit your application with the current passport, then submit a case-specific enquiry once you get a new one. This is acceptable.

All the best

Jan 3, 2019
Hi,

If you can get a new passport in a short period of time, I would say go for it.
If not, you can submit your application with the current passport, then submit a case-specific enquiry once you get a new one. This is acceptable.

All the best
Remember by Feb 7th, 2019 the passport will be 12month

Jan 3, 2019
Remember by Feb 7th, 2019 the passport will be 12month and by 2020 it's will expire. So u mean, if she use the present passport as soon as she getting close submitting of passport she can renew renew right?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Remember by Feb 7th, 2019 the passport will be 12month and by 2020 it's will expire. So u mean, if she use the present passport as soon as she getting close submitting of passport she can renew renew right?
She can submit the application with the current passport ,renew, the submit a case specific enquiry with the new passport details.
It's up to you.

vbhar1

Jul 15, 2018
Hi Team, while filing the application for express entry i have been asked to upload the following 3 documents along with a number of others. i have a sibling residing in canada, and i would need your help to identify what documents would suffice the requirement, are all of these same -if yes then does that mean i have filled something wrong in the application or is it the ways things are or is it a technical glitch?
Family Member Proof of Status (required)
Proof of residency in Canada of sibling (required)
Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling (required)

Regards.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Team, while filing the application for express entry i have been asked to upload the following 3 documents along with a number of others. i have a sibling residing in canada, and i would need your help to identify what documents would suffice the requirement, are all of these same -if yes then does that mean i have filled something wrong in the application or is it the ways things are or is it a technical glitch?
Family Member Proof of Status (required)
Proof of residency in Canada of sibling (required)
Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling (required)

Regards.
These are standard requirements for those with a close relative in Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Regards

sushminder

Jan 15, 2019
In my express entry they are saying "application is taking longer than usual time to process". what does that means? and how long does it takes? 6 months already complete now they put me under 20% cases

DXB_CAN19

Jan 14, 2019
Hello,

Appreciate help regarding the Proof of Funds (POF). We received the ITA from the recent, 10th JAN draw with my husband as the primary applicant. We put in CAN15,600 as the funds which at the moment we do not meet but are aiming to meet with our two months’ salaries to follow.

Please advise on the below:

1. My husband has an existing account and will show his own 6 months’ statement and other documents required.

2. I will be adding my husband’s name to my account to make this a joint account. Would we need to submit 6 months’ statement for this joint account as well? Or would a letter stating it as a joint account and my balance be enough?

3. I have a second account with the same back wherein, if we are not able to meet the POF in time, I plan on either selling / or gift deed from my sibling / parents and transfer the amount to the joint account (no.2). However, if we have to show a statement (back to point no.2) do I have to back it up with the statement form this second account?
Any suggestions on the above is appreciated!