Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Dear @TanakaM

Hope you are doing well.

I am creating my profile for Express Entry – Federal Skilled Worker and have a CRS score of 441. I would be grateful if you could help me with the following concerns I have, related to the application process (apologies for the long post):

1. Rejection of Work Permit - In May this year, my current organization applied for my work permit for Canada, which was rejected by Government of Canada (IRCC). It was applied under the LMIA exempt category for internal transfer and below is the reason for the rejection.

" Thankyou for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

· You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the
IPRR exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the IPRR. As a result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada to begin this process.

· I am not satisfied that you possess a high standard of specialized knowledge, including advanced proprietary knowledge. Therefore, you are not eligible for an LMIA exempt work permit under 205 (a) – intra-company transferee, specialized knowledge.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that situation meets the requirements.”

I have mentioned the UCI number in my EE application. My concern is that will this rejection be a factor in deciding the fate of my PR application also (at any stage of the process)? If yes, what is the best way to minimize the effect of the same and ensure success of the PR application.

2. NOC Code – My total work experience is more than 8 years within India, spread across two MNCs in the following manner:

Company A – As a Business Analyst (nearest matching NOC code 2171) – 4.5 years

Company B – As a Business Analyst (nearest matching NOC code 2171) – 2.25 years

Company A (once again) – As a Manager (nearest matching NOC code 0213) – 1.75 years

Although I am comfortable with taking up either Analyst or Manager role in Canada, I can see that there are a greater number of opportunities for Analyst role.

I am therefore concerned regarding which code to select for my primary occupation.

· Does the primary occupation necessarily have to be my latest occupation?

· Is it OK to select an occupation (analyst) that is one level lower than my current occupation (manager)?

· Does the primary occupation chosen by me have an impact on my application process?

· Does the primary occupation chosen by me also have an impact on the Job I get once I reach Canada?

3. Considering my situation, should I go through an immigration consultancy or is my situation not as complicated as I am perceiving it to be.

I will be really obliged for your help and guidance on these areas.

Thanks

Basant
Your rejection is not an issue as it was purely down to the LMIA. As long as you mention this case, it will not be an issue for this application.

The NOC code I am not sure. Search or hope someone who knows can answer.

Finally, regarding the consultant, your situation is not a complex one. I believe they will not give you what you already did not know.

Prinze2005

Oct 12, 2018
Hello all,

I withdrew my profile and recreated another one, but after that, I noticed that my profile is no longer eligible.
what could be the problem and how can I resolve this

Thanks

marijaenglishteacher

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Hello! When filling in Study in EE Profile, I need to choose Field of Study. I have a Master's degree in Business Economics. Could anyone help me choose the right option in Field of Study?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello! When filling in Study in EE Profile, I need to choose Field of Study. I have a Master's degree in Business Economics. Could anyone help me choose the right option in Field of Study?
Hi,

I dont remember the exact categories but there should be one related to Business, if not, just select other.

This is just data capturing and does not affect your score or application in any way.

Regards

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Quick question - when creating the EE profile - Education/Study history - - I did my HND in an institute from my home country which was awarded by Pearson/UK. Should I mention institute/country where I did my HND from or the institute/country that awarded the HND?

Note: ECA was done by mentioning the institute/country which awarded the HND.

marijaenglishteacher

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Hello, guys! Tell me, when uploading job reference letter, do I need to upload the payslips also? As well as the job contracts? Is there anyone who was requested to upload these?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello, guys! Tell me, when uploading job reference letter, do I need to upload the payslips also? As well as the job contracts? Is there anyone who was requested to upload these?
Hi,

The letter is the only mandatory requirement. Payslips are just a good way to support the letter, but it's optional.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Quick question - when creating the EE profile - Education/Study history - - I did my HND in an institute from my home country which was awarded by Pearson/UK. Should I mention institute/country where I did my HND from or the institute/country that awarded the HND?

Note: ECA was done by mentioning the institute/country which awarded the HND.
Hi,

Where it says 'Country of study' you put the country of the awarding institution.
Where it says 'Institute/organisation' you put the awarding organisation.
Where it says 'place of study or where this activity took place', you put the country were you actually completed the study. In your case, your home country.

Hope that helps.

regards

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Hi,

Where it says 'Country of study' you put the country of the awarding institution.
Where it says 'Institute/organisation' you put the awarding organisation.
Where it says 'place of study or where this activity took place', you put the country were you actually completed the study. In your case, your home country.

Hope that helps.

regards

Thanks for the info

Jan 3, 2019
Can u please advice me on what to do. My E-paasport will expire July, 2019 and am expecting my ITA in Januy, 2019 draw. My question is, is it adivceable that I renew my passport before submitting my application along with my wife documents though am not the PA.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Can u please advice me on what to do. My E-paasport will expire July, 2019 and am expecting my ITA in Januy, 2019 draw. My question is, is it adivceable that I renew my passport before submitting my application along with my wife documents though am not the PA.
Hi,

Yes, it would be best to renew your passport now if possible. It will make life a lot easier.

When you get your PPR you will need to submit a passport with at least 12 months validity.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17