+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Jass1234

Oct 1, 2017
Hi,
I do not want to tell my current employer about my PR application so I will not be able to get the reference letter for same.My current job is 6 months old.My previous job was for 5 years and I have sufficient proof for it.If for the current job I provide the offer letter and last 6 months pay slip will that be fine.My previous employment is sufficient for getting me maximum points for 3+ years

Pranati

Feb 4, 2018
Congratulations!!
You can also check your score by going through some simple questions which will further generate your "personal reference code" which could be used to create your Express Entry profile at below link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html
First 2 steps are to get your Language test done (probably IELTS) and your education credential evaluation done from a recognized institute.
For ECA check for WES CANADA which is most popular. It will cost around Rs 12000 (CAD 240) and a bit effort to get transcripts from your universities and send those to WES CANADA.
Advise you to avoid consultants as there is lot of help available in this forum to go it by yourself.
Hello, can you please tell me how to get transcripts from DAVV Indore university, without the help of agency?I am in Bangalore and wanted transcripts.

Pranati

Feb 4, 2018
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and also new to the process of PR. I request everyone here to help as as there are many like me who are unaware of so many things. I am thankful to Mr. preetsingh sir who helped by answering my few queries. But , others are not helping or advising us. Please , take out some time , whenever possible , and help us. I have heard lot about this forum where we get help for Canadian PR and other processes.I request again , all members , please share your experiences with us so that we can be benefitted from this. thanks to all.

holygrail15

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
hello everyone! question to successful applicants. how does CIC count years of experience? do they count excess months? this is my case for your reference.

Company A
January 2, 2012 - June 4, 2014 (2 years and 5 months)

Company B
June 5, 2014 - Present (3 years and 8 months at present)

both work will fall under 1 NOC only and as you can see my work has no gaps in between.

my question is- will my experience be counted as 6 years full time? or just 5 years full time? (entirely omitting the excess months that is cumulative of 1 year).

TIA!

Diniku

Star Member
Aug 20, 2017
hii all,

Invitation - nov 7
Application submitted - nov 23
Medical passed -dec 8
NA2 - jan 18
IP2- from jan 20

Dear friends,
I’m processing from India and have submitted my application as mentioned above.. the status of my application is in NA2 for almost more than 40 days.. where as my friend from Canada who have submitted his application from Canada has recovered PPR request and visa stamped.. could anyone please tell me how long usually it takes for IP2 to pass.. and is there anyway to enquire with the immigration offcie about my application status.. it would be really helpful if somebody could throw some light on this issue... thanks in advance[/

arasola2000

Feb 19, 2018
Good day. Please i am in the pre-EE stage...getting things ready, i have some questions please:

1. Will i need to submit my older passports with my current one after receiving ITA?

2. I lived in the UK for 7+ years before returning to my home country, will i need a police clearance certificate from them also?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day. Please i am in the pre-EE stage...getting things ready, i have some questions please:

1. Will i need to submit my older passports with my current one after receiving ITA?

2. I lived in the UK for 7+ years before returning to my home country, will i need a police clearance certificate from them also?
1 - No.
2 - Yes, assuming you spent 6 months in total since the age of 18.

wangdu1030

Dec 11, 2016
Hi Guys,

I am new to here. I have a question regarding to the two years working experience. My situation is this, I started working on September 1 2016 and will have two years experience in September 1 2018. My question is, if I am entitled to take parental leave on April 2 2018 to June 4th 2018. And on the employment standard it states the time I spent on leave is included in my employee' length of service and confirmed with HR. So, On September 1 2018, Can I claim that I have two years work experience in Canada and have points as well. Please advise. I worked 7.2 hours per day and meet the full time requirement. Please advise and truly need your guys advise and help on it.

Thank you,

David

jassodhi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
hi,
i would be moving to canada in mid march. i need a few clarifications regarding the border security.
1. Funds: I learnt that we need to convince the border security officer that we have sufficient funds before we enter canada. are we required to present a new bank certificate (other than the one we submitted at eAPR stage) or provide bank statements? I am just not sure what it implies to 'convince' the officer that we hav sufficient funds? What proofs may be required now?

2. Health Documentation: It says on the government website that 'bring official documents that state what vaccinations you and your family have already had.' my query is that do I hav to get a medical certificate for my 2year daughter mentioning the vaccinations she has had? also, what official documents do I have to provide for myself and my spouse for vaccinations?

3. Driver's Licence: is it necessary to bring my driver's licence?

is there a chance we might be rejected during the interview stage with border security ?

pl guide.
thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
hi,
i would be moving to canada in mid march. i need a few clarifications regarding the border security.
1. Funds: I learnt that we need to convince the border security officer that we have sufficient funds before we enter canada. are we required to present a new bank certificate (other than the one we submitted at eAPR stage) or provide bank statements? I am just not sure what it implies to 'convince' the officer that we hav sufficient funds? What proofs may be required now?

Get an update of your POF. The old one won't work if you are asked to prove you have the funds unless you have the I'm hard cash. However, do not stress as this is hardly ever asked for. You just want to be prepares in case the ask. I wasn't even asked if I had any money at all.

2. Health Documentation: It says on the government website that 'bring official documents that state what vaccinations you and your family have already had.' my query is that do I hav to get a medical certificate for my 2year daughter mentioning the vaccinations she has had? also, what official documents do I have to provide for myself and my spouse for vaccinations?

Your medicals are fine for immigration. However, you will need proof of your baby's vaccinations for future reference (family doctor and schools)

3. Driver's Licence: is it necessary to bring my driver's licence?

Yes. Also get a confirmation of this licence from the government before you come. It will help you skip many stages of the driving graduation process.

is there a chance we might be rejected during the interview stage with border security ?

Yes, if you are dodgy. However, I have never heard of anyone who has been sent back at a port of entry.
Do not worry.

pl guide.
thanks
See answers in red.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Guys,

I am new to here. I have a question regarding to the two years working experience. My situation is this, I started working on September 1 2016 and will have two years experience in September 1 2018. My question is, if I am entitled to take parental leave on April 2 2018 to June 4th 2018. And on the employment standard it states the time I spent on leave is included in my employee' length of service and confirmed with HR. So, On September 1 2018, Can I claim that I have two years work experience in Canada and have points as well. Please advise. I worked 7.2 hours per day and meet the full time requirement. Please advise and truly need your guys advise and help on it.

Thank you,

David
Hi,

Yes you can. Time spent on leave is still part of your work experience. Otherwise we would have to remove the days you were sick and didn't report for duty, public holidays and weekend.lol

Hope that makes sense.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
hello everyone! question to successful applicants. how does CIC count years of experience? do they count excess months? this is my case for your reference.

Company A
January 2, 2012 - June 4, 2014 (2 years and 5 months)

Company B
June 5, 2014 - Present (3 years and 8 months at present)

both work will fall under 1 NOC only and as you can see my work has no gaps in between.

my question is- will my experience be counted as 6 years full time? or just 5 years full time? (entirely omitting the excess months that is cumulative of 1 year).

TIA!
Hi,

Yes, it will be 6 years.

Regards

Pranati

Feb 4, 2018
Hello Mr. Tanaka, my CRS score is coming as 410 with IELTS as 9. Is the score good for Ontario province PR.How can I get provincial nomination for Ontario. thanks

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
Dear All,

How long do we have before landing in Canada, after obtaining PR Visa?

Is it the visa expiry date OR Medical expiry date that determines when we should land?

Medical reports are valid for 1 year and if they expire before we land, what should we do? Can we do another medical test and provide the report to CIC and land before the Visa expiration date? Someone please let me know.

Many Thanks.

Nondini2017

Sep 24, 2017
Hello senior Members,

I have completed Bachelor of Medicine(MBBS) from one of the private medical colleges of Bangladesh and currently, I am teaching in a private medical college in Bangladesh(MBBS qualification holders are eligible to join as a lecturer in medical colleges of Bangladesh, a Masters is not required).

Am I eligible to apply for Canada immigration through Express Entry as a university lecturer or there will be some obstacles ?

Thanks a lot in advance.