+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Amnark

Mar 7, 2017
Dear All,

One query, i am the principal applicant with legal Name "Amna Riaz" [sir name is of my father], i have profile updated with this name, WES verified & Ielts done with this name, now i want to change my legal name from Amna Riaz to Amna Zeeshan [ sir name as of my Husband[, do you think this would effect on WES verification already done ?, as i got this checked from British council they say they can change name on my TRF provided i give them proof of my legal name being changed (CNIC copy). Does it has any effect on my existing profile as well ??

Appreciate your swift expert opinions

TIA

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear All,

One query, i am the principal applicant with legal Name "Amna Riaz" [sir name is of my father], i have profile updated with this name, WES verified & Ielts done with this name, now i want to change my legal name from Amna Riaz to Amna Zeeshan [ sir name as of my Husband[, do you think this would effect on WES verification already done ?, as i got this checked from British council they say they can change name on my TRF provided i give them proof of my legal name being changed (CNIC copy). Does it has any effect on my existing profile as well ??

Appreciate your swift expert opinions

TIA
Hi,

No, you will just need to submit a notorised one and the same person affidavit and official name change documents eg. marriage certificate and other government documents.

All the best

Amnark

Mar 7, 2017
Hi,

No, you will just need to submit a notorised one and the same person affidavit and official name change documents eg. marriage certificate and other government documents.

All the best
Same person affidavit, sorry dint get it , could you please explain in detail - thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17

Uma Mani

Nov 14, 2017
Hello,
We are about to start the process to migrate to Canada. However, a bit confused on the ECA process.

I have 2 degrees as below:
1. B.Tech from a university for which WES would evaluate the academic records.
2. MBA from Sikkim Manipal University- Distant Education program.

I got to know from the WES site that they do not evaluate academic records for Sikkim Manipal University. However, I read in some other blog that ICAS does this evaluation if the program was DEC-recognized at the time of my admission. I got a verbal confirmation that it is DEC-recognised, however I am trying to get a documnted evidence for the same.

Can I get some suggestion as to how I can complete my ECA please, if not from the WES site?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Hello,
We are about to start the process to migrate to Canada. However, a bit confused on the ECA process.

I have 2 degrees as below:
1. B.Tech from a university for which WES would evaluate the academic records.
2. MBA from Sikkim Manipal University- Distant Education program.

I got to know from the WES site that they do not evaluate academic records for Sikkim Manipal University. However, I read in some other blog that ICAS does this evaluation if the program was DEC-recognized at the time of my admission. I got a verbal confirmation that it is DEC-recognised, however I am trying to get a documnted evidence for the same.

Can I get some suggestion as to how I can complete my ECA please, if not from the WES site?

Thanks in advance.
I recently got my MBA from SMU-DE evaluated by IQAS. I just got my MBA evaluated and not my Bachelor's degree. You can send both to ICAS or IQAS if you wish. Takes approx 9 - 10 weeks for the entire process.

Mithu3

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Hi ,I received ITA on 15,
I have done my medical today...
I have my PCC since July 2017, but I am afraid that I may have to reapply for it, a
can anyone help me with that?@rajkamalmohanram, @TanakaM

KKD11

Nov 17, 2017
HI
I Have question regarding express entry. I have already submitted the application through express entry and waiting for my PR. I applied this from India. but now I got a job in Montreal for an year. So my PR should arrive around march or April. so how should I make the landing while staying in Quebec ? as there no express entry in Quebec. Also will staying in Quebec effect the duration of PR.?
Please do reply.
thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI
I Have question regarding express entry. I have already submitted the application through express entry and waiting for my PR. I applied this from India. but now I got a job in Montreal for an year. So my PR should arrive around march or April. so how should I make the landing while staying in Quebec ? as there no express entry in Quebec. Also will staying in Quebec effect the duration of PR.?
Please do reply.
thanks
1 - If you chose any city of Quebec as your intended destination then your application will be cancelled.
2 - You'd have to update your address once you move to Quebec, there is a strong possibility that you will receive a request to write a letter of intent in which you must prove your intention to reside outside the province of Quebec, if your argument isn't convincing then your application will be rejected.

ELARISH

Dec 16, 2015
Hi ,
I have a query related to my work experience please help me with this

1. Company 1 - 3 years experience - NOC 2174 - Years - 2010 - 2013
2. Company 2 - 4.3 years experience - NOC 2171. Years - 2013 - Present

I am going to claim for Company 2 experience NOC 2171 which meets the required experience of 3 years or more.

My question is

1. Do i need to mention Company 1 experience in my work history since i am not gonna use it due to different NOC and difficult to obtain reference letters.

2. Can i mention only Company 2 experience in my profile and get the required points for FSW in EE profile.

3. If it is not required to mention Company 1 in work history and if i include that Post ITA in personal history do i need to submit the reference letter.

4. I have completed my education in 2009 and joined my Company 2 in 2013 will there be a problem considering the gap(Though i have worked in between in Company 1 )

Please clarify awaiting your reply. Thanks in advance.

puneet1407

Aug 26, 2017
Does saving bank account money is eligible for proof of fund if I have minimum money is on my account more than six months? Thanks in advance!

Dany6634

Mar 23, 2016
Hi everyone. Can please someone help ?

I have been consulting consultant for PNP . some are saying I have to stay 15 days. some are saying 6 month.

Please guide as of how much time do we have to spend in a province .

Regard,
Danny