+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Oct 1, 2017
Hey Friends,
My application has gone for Background Check. What exactly is the time frame to complete this check and get a Passport Request and a Decision Made???
I had submitted the application on 12th June 2017. Will it be done by December-17???

HelloJai

Oct 28, 2017
-rajkamalmohanram[/QUOTE]
Hi Raj thanks for the detailed post.I am at a initial phase of applying .Had few queries if,will appreciate if you can help.
1)My wife will be the primary applicant She is a Graduate .In her case under the Skill Transferability will she get 25 points of 50 points under education.
2)She has a additinal diploma form IBM -Kolkatta,which is one year course .Any chance the same can be evaluated successfuly by WES

Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
-rajkamalmohanram
Hi Raj thanks for the detailed post.I am at a initial phase of applying .Had few queries if,will appreciate if you can help.
1)My wife will be the primary applicant She is a Graduate .In her case under the Skill Transferability will she get 25 points of 50 points under education.
2)She has a additinal diploma form IBM -Kolkatta,which is one year course .Any chance the same can be evaluated successfuly by WES

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Hi,

Use this tool to see whether that qualification will do: https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hey Friends,
My application has gone for Background Check. What exactly is the time frame to complete this check and get a Passport Request and a Decision Made???
I had submitted the application on 12th June 2017. Will it be done by December-17???
Hi,

Its difficult to say as every case is different. All you can do is stay positive. Ordering GCMS notes will also give you an idea of what's going on.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear Experts, need your advise, i have claimed 15 points of my sibling (Sister) in canada on June & reached 416 points, My Sir Name which i did not get changed after marriage is Amna "Riaz" whereas my Husband's name is Zeeshan. i got NOI for Ontario & now in process of submitting my documents. While acquiring document from sister, i got to know that she has entered my name in her siblings list as Amna Zeeshan instead of my original legal Name Amna Riaz. Now if i submit the documents claiming her my sister (Family registration Certificate, her PR card etc) they would certainly put an obligation that name is changed. Based on these facts she is now reluctant for her documents to be submitted. Having all this story discussed with my consultant he said we are not going to submit any documents for your sister & would put a disclaimer that currently we could not manage to have her documents. Because, even if do not claim 15 siblings point i still stand at 401 & is eligible for Ontario nomination.
Please suggest, if this approach is good to go or would it create problem?? I am the principal applicant in this case.
Hi,

I think this can be explained in your LOE and you can also submit a one and the same person affidavit. This shouldnt be a problem, but since you consultant thinks otherwise, you can go with what they have advised.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
how much point will i get for 2 years seconday diploma and free years degree under ee. .either128 or 120. please reply me thank you
120 boss, secondary diploma does not count.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hey Friends.

A question regarding ECA from WES that I am planning to get done for my wife. She graduated from college in the year 2007, but got her degree certificate only in 2008. In the meanwhile she was provided with a provisional degree in 2007. Now while filling up the requisition form for WES it asks for the "year of award". We are confused which date to fill in there, 2007 or 2008. Technically the degree was awarded in 2007 when her course got over but would degree awarded mean the date when the degree was issued?

Your help would be solicited.

Thanks in advance. Cheers.
Hi guys,

IMO, this depends on what the degree certificate says. The date on the certificate will most likely be the date the degree was awarded. Use this date.

Reactions: keeratsingh

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
pof bank letter validity

Hi Friends
i have a query related to Bank letter for Proof of funds.

I hold a Fixed deposit with an Indian Bank and it suffices the POF requirement for my family (4 members).
I understand that i need to get a Bank letter stating this FD can be encashed anytime I want.
I'm currently waiting for my wife's WES post which my CRS score will be 431. Therefore Im not expecting ITA anytime this year.

But meanwhile I thought I could get some documents which I might need next year (If i get lucky with ITA).
1. If I get a bank letter this month, is it too early to give this letter along with my FD certificate next year, say March or April?
2. Or should i Get a letter next year after receiving ITA?

In simple terms, is there a validity for the bank letter?

Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
pof bank letter validity

Hi Friends
i have a query related to Bank letter for Proof of funds.

I hold a Fixed deposit with an Indian Bank and it suffices the POF requirement for my family (4 members).
I understand that i need to get a Bank letter stating this FD can be encashed anytime I want.
I'm currently waiting for my wife's WES post which my CRS score will be 431. Therefore Im not expecting ITA anytime this year.

But meanwhile I thought I could get some documents which I might need next year (If i get lucky with ITA).
1. If I get a bank letter this month, is it too early to give this letter along with my FD certificate next year, say March or April?
2. Or should i Get a letter next year after receiving ITA?

In simple terms, is there a validity for the bank letter?

Thanks
The fresher the better. I would ensure that the bank letter is no more that 2-3 weeks old when submitting the application.

All the best

Reactions: kingofpsg

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Thanks a lot for your response Tanaka. Much appreciated

Any luck for me to expect my ITA with CRS score of 431? May be Feb or March

Uma Mani

Nov 14, 2017
Is this the latest process to secure the PR? Based on this can we apply online ourselves or do we need to contact a consultant? Expecting your reply.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Is this the latest process to secure the PR? Based on this can we apply online ourselves or do we need to contact a consultant? Expecting your reply.
It maybe a little outdated but not much. It is still an accurate and useful guide.

2) Yes you can. If you are willing to put in the time and work you can do it on your own. The vast majority of people here are or have done it themselves. We are here to help if you get stuck.

regards