Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
It prompts me for:

1) Job title
2) employer name
3) Street Address
Under Work history or somewhere else?

Did you change the answer to 'No' to the question of having a valid job offer in Canada?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Under Work history or somewhere else?

Did you change the answer to 'No' to the question of having a valid job offer in Canada?
Hi Asivad yes under the 'Work History' section.

Yes I changed the answer to 'No' for having a valid job offer in Canada.

I was going to put the place of work.of the Employer mutually reinforced in the letter from the Recruitment agent.

Is this OK?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
Hi Asivad yes under the 'Work History' section.

Yes I changed the answer to 'No' for having a valid job offer in Canada.

I was going to put the place of work.of the Employer mutually reinforced in the letter from the Recruitment agent.

Is this OK?
Perfect.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
At the time my application is submitted post ITA, how much should the validity on my passport be? I know OINP specifically and explicitly mentions passport validity of two years at the time of application- does CIC have any such rules for passport validity at the time the application is sent in? I know they do have guidelines in place for a PPR, but I will definitely have my passport renewed by then, so I am not worried too much about that.

fagee

Jan 26, 2016
Hi,
Can you plz guide me regarding EE profile i uploaded it on 28 January but application status is showing still pending. I do met the criteria. Due to that I didn't get the job bank code. So can't even register on the job bank.
Plz advise me.
Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aragorn165 said:
At the time my application is submitted post ITA, how much should the validity on my passport be? I know OINP specifically and explicitly mentions passport validity of two years at the time of application- does CIC have any such rules for passport validity at the time the application is sent in? I know they do have guidelines in place for a PPR, but I will definitely have my passport renewed by then, so I am not worried too much about that.
If you have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months, you can provide them with that. You can always renew your PP and provide them with a new one anytime!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
fagee said:
Hi,
Can you plz guide me regarding EE profile i uploaded it on 28 January but application status is showing still pending. I do met the criteria. Due to that I didn't get the job bank code. So can't even register on the job bank.
Plz advise me.
Thanks
Your profile is still pending because you have not activated your jobbank account!

1) Open your myCIC account.
2) Click on view submitted applications.
3) Go to the very first message you see on that page (towards the very bottom) and click on it! You'll see a PDF file getting downloaded!
4) Open the PDF file! You'll find your EE profile number and Job seeker validation code.
5) Go to jobbank, click on register and then key in your EE profile number and job seeker validation code!
6) Fill your JB profile.
7) Click on "Activate" bottom towards the top corner of the page after you have entered all details!
8) You are done! In 24 hours, your profile will be "Open".

Good luck!

fagee

Jan 26, 2016
Thanks for reply
But i did check the message in pdf formate but there is no job bank code. The letter is empty only thing it includes is how to register with job bank.
Plz guide me further.
Regards

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
fagee said:
Thanks for reply
But i did check the message in pdf formate but there is no job bank code. The letter is empty only thing it includes is how to register with job bank.
Plz guide me further.
Regards
This is directly from the pdf @Raj mentioned earlier. Are you saying that the content in red does not exist in your pdf?

"To register with Job Bank:
a) Create a . To do so, you will need:
1. your Express Entry profile number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2. your Job Seeker validation code:XXXXXX

b) Create a profile, indicating where you want to live, the kind of job you are looking for, and what skills
you would bring to an employer.
Once you’ve registered with Job Bank, we will receive a notification from the Job Bank system and your Express
Entry profile will become active.
If you have a provincial or territorial nomination, please follow up with the province or territory that agreed to
nominate you, and have them confirm to us their intention to nominate you for the Provincial Nominee Program."
Date:
Email:

tengmanila

Jan 30, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
This post, I believe would clear some confusion about 2 or more degrees...

In conclusion, as long as you have a 3 year degree AND your second degree/diploma has been evaluated to any of the following, you CAN choose 2 or more degrees.

College Diploma (three years)
Diploma (three years)
Three-year diploma in [name of discipline]
Three-year advanced diploma
Bachelor's Degree
Applied Bachelor's Degree
Bachelor's degree (three years)
Three-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
Three-year Bachelor degree
Bachelor's degree (four years)
Four-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
Four-year Bachelor degree
Three-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Applied Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Bachelor of Technology degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Three-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Four-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
College Diploma
College Diploma (two years)
Diploma (two years)
Two-year diploma
Two-year diploma in [name of discipline]
Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
Associate Degree
Associate of [Arts/Science] degree
Post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Two-year associate degree
College Certificate
Completion of College-level certificate
University Certificate
University Diploma
One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
One-year certificate
Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]
Study Toward a Master's Degree What does this mean? Is applying for a Master's Degree, or the fact that one has started a Master's Degree even by a few months sufficient to claim this?

I was scrutinizing this a few minutes back and that PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school) caught my attention and it made all the difference.

Please share this post to people who have doubts about choosing 2 or more degrees when they have 2 credentials that has both been evaluated to Bachelor's degree.
Hi rajkamalmohanram and anyone who might have an idea,

As we all try to increase our score on our CRS, moving from 'Bachelor's to a '2 or more degrees' seems worth it. I would like to know which ones of the 'add-ons' are easiest to achieve?

Study Toward a Master's Degree What does this mean? Is applying for a Master's Degree, or the fact that one has started a Master's Degree even by a few months sufficient to claim this?

What are these:

College Certificate
University Certificate
University Diploma

Will short-courses, like ITIL, PMP Project Management or Cisco trainings be counted for entries such as these:
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Graduate Certificate
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate diploma

Lastly, what is the fastest to obtain in all these?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
tengmanila said:
Hi rajkamalmohanram and anyone who might have an idea,

As we all try to increase our score on our CRS, moving from 'Bachelor's to a '2 or more degrees' seems worth it. I would like to know which ones of the 'add-ons' are easiest to achieve?

What are these:

College Certificate
University Certificate
University Diploma

Will short-courses, like ITIL, PMP Project Management or Cisco trainings be counted for entries such as these:
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Graduate Certificate
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate diploma

Lastly, what is the fastest to obtain in all these?
Certificate courses like PMP, CCNA etc, for sure, are NOT accepted as a valid education credentials! Any foreign education credential require a valid ECA backing if you are claiming points for it and no ECA issuing agency would evaluate certificates like the ones mentioned above!

For "A study toward Masters degree clause" - sometimes ECA issuing organizations evaluate a completed degree/diploma to look like an incomplete one. For instance, an applicant had completed his completed a graduate certificate course (I believe this is it, it was a long time back) and that was evaluated to completion of a post secondary diploma (1 semester). That's a close paraphrase. So, if your ECA report mentions something on the lines of "study towards a Masters degree", you might be able to claim points for 2 or more degrees! Otherwise, no!

SamSamo

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Hi experts,

Could you please help with the following issue:

I'm planning to create EE profile, once I get my IELTS results. Preliminary lowest CRS points I'm getting 460-465.
At the same time I applied for Master's degree program and currently is waiting for board decision for scholarship award (expected in May).
If I apply in the next couple of weeks, I'm confident I'll get ITA in next rounds.

Let's assume I did complete and sent e-APR, but if I decide to do my Master's first (if I receive a scholarship) can I pause my application process and continue my application next year?
Or should I keep declining ITAs until I know for sure whether I won a scholarship or not?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SamSamo said:
Hi experts,

Could you please help with the following issue:

I'm planning to create EE profile, once I get my IELTS results. Preliminary lowest CRS points I'm getting 460-465.
At the same time I applied for Master's degree program and currently is waiting for board decision for scholarship award (expected in May).
If I apply in the next couple of weeks, I'm confident I'll get ITA in next rounds.

Let's assume I did complete and sent e-APR, but if I decide to do my Master's first (if I receive a scholarship) can I pause my application process and continue my application next year?
Or should I keep declining ITAs until I know for sure whether I won a scholarship or not?
Congrats!

You cannot "pause" the application! You either go ahead with it or you withdraw it! So, get into the pool and be ready! If you get your scholarship, you can withdraw your profile - EE profiles are valid for 12 months. If you don't accept an ITA or if you don't receive an ITA within. 12 months, it expires!

If you don't get your scholarship and you want to go ahead, accept your ITA and submit your eAPR.

Good luck!

SamSamo

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Congrats!

You cannot "pause" the application! You either go ahead with it or you withdraw it! So, get into the pool and be ready! If you get your scholarship, you can withdraw your profile - EE profiles are valid for 12 months. If you don't accept an ITA or if you don't receive an ITA within. 12 months, it expires!

If you don't get your scholarship and you want to go ahead, accept your ITA and submit your eAPR.

Good luck!
I'll wait then.

Thanks rajkamalmohanram.