+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Stanlee said:
Hi Raj,

I have few questions with regard to IELTS. My original IELTS is expiring in another 5 months and the time that it is taking for OINP applications to be processed, it seems likely that my IELTS would have expired by then. In this regard, I took another test and coincidentally I got the same scores. As part of the OINP application package, I sent the first IELTS Test Report Form. Now the questions that I have are (I may sound like a jerk ;), but wanted a clarification on the points below)

1. Do I have to update the new IELTS details in Express Entry Profile or would the old one suffice since it is valid till May 2016?

You can update the results in your EE profile.

2. Is there any requirement that I have to update the latest IELTS scores only (now that I have a new one) and the old one becomes invalid?

No.

3. If 1 & 2 is true, then do I have to send the latest IELTS score card copy to OINP now itself? My OINP application was received by OINP on November 12, 2015, or so should I wait for them to contact me with the AOR and then send them the updated copy. OR
4. It does not matter whichever IELTS scores they have, provided it is valid and does not reduce my score?

You can send it to them once you get an AOR.

Thanks,
Stan

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
JoacRy said:
Hi rajkamalmohanram, quick question for you and others who may want to reply, in my EE profile there is a question as to 'Date you became qualified to practice'?

Background: Chartered Accountant (CA) - I put this date as I took some time to clear the final exam due to various family issues and life in general.

NOC 1111 - Says minimum CA's need is a Bachelors Degree

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=1111

Have I done the right thing or can I change it, as the date I graduated from University is a few years before, and in my country you only need a University degree to begin working in the accounting field. CA is a bonus. Thanks for your help.
You can mention the date you graduated.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
You can mention the date you graduated.
Hi Raj, thank you for your reply. So there will be no penalties then? Do I need to write LOE to explain why different date in original EE profile?

canbus

Jan 28, 2016
ITA has been received, where to upload the documents?

Please, help.
We received ITA through EE (CEC) 2 days ago.
When I click submit/continue application I see only online forms.
There is no place to submit documents (files).

Please, help.
Where should I submit the documents? I do not see such option anywhere.

talkto_vinay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2016
LANDED..........
21-12-2016
Hi Asivad/ Raj/ Experts,
As obtaining reference letter from past employer is cumbersome process so can i absolutely hide my past employment? And only indicate my current employment details where I am working since last 6 years.?
Will it have any impact on my application? Will that break of 2-3 years (when I worked with past employer) after my graduation in year 2008 go against my application?
Please suggest.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
JoacRy said:
Hi Raj, thank you for your reply. So there will be no penalties then? Do I need to write LOE to explain why different date in original EE profile?
Not necessary. As explained by Asivad yesterday (I am not able to find the link), the employment requirements do not affect your PR application.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
canbus said:
Please, help.
We received ITA through EE (CEC) 2 days ago.
When I click submit/continue application I see only online forms.
There is no place to submit documents (files).

Please, help.
Where should I submit the documents? I do not see such option anywhere.
You should complete and get past the forms. After you are done with the forms, a personalized checklist would be generated. You would be uploading your documents there.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
talkto_vinay said:
Hi Asivad/ Raj/ Experts,
As obtaining reference letter from past employer is cumbersome process so can i absolutely hide my past employment? And only indicate my current employment details where I am working since last 6 years.?
Will it have any impact on my application? Will that break of 2-3 years (when I worked with past employer) after my graduation in year 2008 go against my application?
Please suggest.
You need to produce reference letters only for the jobs that you are claiming points for. Retain all other jobs only in the personal history section alone.

canbus

Jan 28, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
You should complete and get past the forms. After you are done with the forms, a personalized checklist would be generated. You would be uploading your documents there.
@rajkamalmohanram Thank you very much! I was worried.

divyamenon

Jul 16, 2015
Hi all,

I need some clarity on few things.

1) I(secondary applicant) have not got my credentials evaluated but my husband has. The question is that I have a PGDM(Post Graduate Diploma in Management) degree from a B-school in India. So, I wanted to know which field of study to choose for this degree? Would it be Masters or a 2 yr university diploma/degree? I tried the equivalency tool but could not find the PGDM degree in the dropdown list.

2) Does Btech in Computer Science & Engineering come under "Applied Science" field under the field of study?

3) What about for Btech in IT(Information Technology) ? I selected Information Technology/Computing field but just wanted to confirm.

4) Will the points or the profile get affected based on the provinces/territories that we choose?

5) Once we submit the profile, is there an option to change/modify anything or its the final one?

6) Will we get to know the CRS points immediately after submitting the profile?

Need help with these questions as early as possible.

Thank You.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
divyamenon said:
Hi all,

I need some clarity on few things.

1) I(secondary applicant) have not got my credentials evaluated but my husband has. The question is that I have a PGDM(Post Graduate Diploma in Management) degree from a B-school in India. So, I wanted to know which field of study to choose for this degree? Would it be Masters or a 2 yr university diploma/degree? I tried the equivalency tool but could not find the PGDM degree in the dropdown list.

2) Does Btech in Computer Science & Engineering come under "Applied Science" field under the field of study?

3) What about for Btech in IT(Information Technology) ? I selected Information Technology/Computing field but just wanted to confirm.

4) Will the points or the profile get affected based on the provinces/territories that we choose?

5) Once we submit the profile, is there an option to change/modify anything or its the final one?

6) Will we get to know the CRS points immediately after submitting the profile?

Need help with these questions as early as possible.

Thank You.
Answered here -->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html;msg4942072#msg4942072

MeltingPot

Jan 27, 2016
Hi Raj,

Another question on another possible obstacle to our immigration.

it says in the New Brunswick PNP FAQs that
"9. Are there any occupations that are not eligible through the NBPNP Express Entry Labour Market Stream?

Yes. Individuals who intend to apply and work in occupations that are regulated in New Brunswick (require a license or certificate to fully practice) must have either a valid job offer from a New Brunswick employer or a license or certificate issued by a New Brunswick regulatory body."

Real Estate Agent is part of the list and should get license from the regulatory body which is the New Brunswick Real Estate Association

Also, in the NB EE Guide, it says, "If you are being considered for nomination under an occupation regulated in New Brunswick, you will need a valid offer
of employment from a New Brunswick employer."

Does this mean I'm not eligible anymore?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MeltingPot said:
Hi Raj,

Another question on another possible obstacle to our immigration.

it says in the New Brunswick PNP FAQs that
"9. Are there any occupations that are not eligible through the NBPNP Express Entry Labour Market Stream?

Yes. Individuals who intend to apply and work in occupations that are regulated in New Brunswick (require a license or certificate to fully practice) must have either a valid job offer from a New Brunswick employer or a license or certificate issued by a New Brunswick regulatory body."

Real Estate Agent is part of the list and should get license from the regulatory body which is the New Brunswick Real Estate Association

Does this mean I'm not eligible anymore?
Have you received nomination already OR are you just applying to NBPNP?

As confusing as this sounds, I see "If you are being considered for nomination under an occupation regulated in New Brunswick, you will need a valid offer of employment from a New Brunswick employer" under the "Education" section in the application guide (page 8)-

http://www.welcomenb.ca/content/dam/bitp/pdf/ExpressEntryGuide-E.pdf

From my understanding, "being considered for nomination" implies that when the applicant has not yet been nominated. If you have already received your nomination, I believe you are fine. If they had a problem pertaining to this clause, they would not have issued the nomination in the first place.

MeltingPot

Jan 27, 2016
Still in the process of determining eligibility for the program. I have not applied. I did the assessment and it looks like we will be able to reach the required 67 points. This is the only thing that's stopping us from applying