Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
talkto_vinay said:
Hi Asivad

Few minutes back, my WES ECA has been re-evaluated as below:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Bachelor's degree (three years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

1. Master of Arts (2 years): BACHELORS(4 years) (Canadian Equivalency)
2. Bachelor of Arts (3 years): BACHELORS(3 years) (Canadian Equivalency)

Now can I choose "Two or more degrees" ?

Please clarify

thanks in advance
This is super weird! What does WES really mean by this assessment? Do they mean to say that your Bachelors and Masters are independently equivalent to a a 3 year Canadian Bachelors AND 4 year Canadian Bachelors degree? This is a major change in their assessment!

Using this ECA, you can certainly claim '2 or more..' option but this is terribly unprofessional from WES. So many applicants last year had the exact same situation as you and their reports weren't reassessed at all.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
This is super weird! What does WES really mean by this assessment? Do they mean to say that your Bachelors and Masters are independently equivalent to a a 3 year Canadian Bachelors AND 4 year Canadian Bachelors degree? This is a major change in their assessment!

Using this ECA, you can certainly claim '2 or more..' option but this is terribly unprofessional from WES. So many applicants last year had the exact same situation as you and their reports weren't reassessed at all.
Looks like they are changing the way they print the report! If they change it for good, then it'll make life easier for applicants!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Looks like they are changing the way they print the report! If they change it for good, then it'll make life easier for applicants!
I'm sure it would and that is good news for everyone in 2016. Poor 2015 batch though - hard luck.

I'm still not sure what this report really means. Think about it. Does WES mean to say that the OP's actual 5 year education (assuming 3 year Bachelors and 2 year Masters) is equivalent to a 7 year Canadian education? That's warped at so many levels! ::)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
I'm sure it would and that is good news for everyone in 2016. Poor 2015 batch though - hard luck.

I'm still not sure what this report really means. Think about it. Does WES mean to say that the OP's actual 5 year education (assuming 3 year Bachelors and 2 year Masters) is equivalent to a 7 year Canadian education? That's warped at so many levels! ::)
Well, from what I see here, the report has evaluated a "Masters" to a "Canadian Bachelors (4 years)". I speculate that WES was not satisfied with *all* the criteria to evaluate it to a Masters degree! So, they might have come down one step below and they have evaluated it to a Bachelors but the only thing that is not clear is why they have mentioned 4 years.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, from what I see here, the report has evaluated a "Masters" to a "Canadian Bachelors (4 years)". I speculate that WES was not satisfied with *all* the criteria to evaluate it to a Masters degree! So, they might have come down one step below and they have evaluated it to a Bachelors but the only thing that is not clear is why they have mentioned 4 years.
Not really.

Think about it again. Is a 2 year foreign Masters taken ALONE equivalent to a 4 year Canadian Bachelors? Does that even make sense? Where do those 2 additional years come from?

Now think about this. A 5 year foreign Bachelors & Masters combination is considered slightly inferior to Canadian standards hence CUMULATIVELY assessed as 4 year Canadian Bachelors.

Which one makes more sense intuitively?

talkto_vinay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2016
LANDED..........
21-12-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Not really.

Think about it again. Is a 2 year foreign Masters taken ALONE equivalent to a 4 year Canadian Bachelors? Does that even make sense? Where do those 2 additional years come from?

Now think about this. A 5 year foreign Bachelors & Masters combination is considered slightly inferior to Canadian standards hence CUMULATIVELY assessed as 4 year Canadian Bachelors.

Which one makes more sense intuitively?
Hi Asivad,
I request you to please guide me on how to fill EE online application form based on below report please:
So for below WES report:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Bachelor's degree (three years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Bachelor of Arts (3 years): BACHELORS(3 years) (Canadian Equivalency)​

Am i assumed to fill two entries (i.e. one for BA and other for MA)? If yes, for each entry, what should I fill in Level of Education (in the middle of the page)? Then form asks you to fill WES ressulta, What should I fill in CANADIAN EQUIVALENT (at the bottom of the page)?

What is your POV please?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
talkto_vinay said:
Hi Asivad,
I request you to please guide me on how to fill EE online application form based on below report please:
So for below WES report:

2. Bachelor of Arts (3 years): BACHELORS(3 years) (Canadian Equivalency)​

Am i assumed to fill two entries (i.e. one for BA and other for MA)? If yes, for each entry, what should I fill in Level of Education (in the middle of the page)? Then form asks you to fill WES ressulta, What should I fill in CANADIAN EQUIVALENT (at the bottom of the page)?

What is your POV please?
Answered your PM.

David_Freez

Jan 29, 2016
Hi

I'm new on this topic. I just have some questions:

1- I will have my Bahelor's degree on November this year, but I want to study for a Postgraduate. Do you know If WES or CANADA in general accept an international or an online study? Because I want to study from my home and I want to have my one year Postgraduate or Postgraduate Diploma/Certificate in one year from now. Is it possible? Is there any University/place you can advise where I can study online for a Postgraduate?

2- If it is possible. Do you know If there is any "tool" to check how my studies will be "qualified" or "equivalent" in Canada. I've tried on WES but I didn't see the option for one year Postgraduate.

VPSingh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Hi Raj, Many thanks for your swift reply. Should i need any more info in the near future, do you mind if I bother you again? thanks VPS

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
David_Freez said:
Hi

I'm new on this topic. I just have some questions:

1- I will have my Bahelor's degree on November this year, but I want to study for a Postgraduate. Do you know If WES or CANADA in general accept an international or an online study? Because I want to study from my home and I want to have my one year Postgraduate or Postgraduate Diploma/Certificate in one year from now. Is it possible? Is there any University/place you can advise where I can study online for a Postgraduate?

2- If it is possible. Do you know If there is any "tool" to check how my studies will be "qualified" or "equivalent" in Canada. I've tried on WES but I didn't see the option for one year Postgraduate.
WES is unpredictable. There are some universities that WES does not recognize. You could check the WES list to see if your prospective university in on that list.

You can use the link to check what your credentials might be worth in Canada --> www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Hi Raj,

I have few questions with regard to IELTS. My original IELTS is expiring in another 5 months and the time that it is taking for OINP applications to be processed, it seems likely that my IELTS would have expired by then. In this regard, I took another test and coincidentally I got the same scores. As part of the OINP application package, I sent the first IELTS Test Report Form. Now the questions that I have are (I may sound like a jerk ;), but wanted a clarification on the points below)

1. Do I have to update the new IELTS details in Express Entry Profile or would the old one suffice since it is valid till May 2016?
2. Is there any requirement that I have to update the latest IELTS scores only (now that I have a new one) and the old one becomes invalid?
3. If 1 & 2 is true, then do I have to send the latest IELTS score card copy to OINP now itself? My OINP application was received by OINP on November 12, 2015, or so should I wait for them to contact me with the AOR and then send them the updated copy. OR
4. It does not matter whichever IELTS scores they have (that I have submitted), provided it is valid and does not reduce my score?

Thanks,
Stan

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi rajkamalmohanram, quick question for you and others who may want to reply, in my EE profile there is a question as to 'Date you became qualified to practice'?

Background: Chartered Accountant (CA) - I put this date as I took some time to clear the final exam due to various family issues and life in general.

NOC 1111 - Says minimum CA's need is a Bachelors Degree

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=1111

Have I done the right thing or can I change it, as the date I graduated from University is a few years before, and in my country you only need a University degree to begin working in the accounting field. CA is a bonus. Thanks for your help.