Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hi all,

I'm encouraging my brother in law to apply via EE under FSW....

I noticed that WES has two assessment options, one for immigration and one for education / professional purposes. Does anyone know if 1) an assessment for immigration purposes will suffice for educational / professional purposes (i.e. applying for post grad in Canada or to a professional association) and if the answer for 1) is NO, will WES conduct both assessments (assuming one has requested / paid for both) using the same documentation (i.e. transcripts in a sealed envelope)? My brother in law is Syrian and living outside Syria and so it would be very difficult for him to obtain additional copies of his transcripts right now.

C.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
chilkootcee said:
Hi all,

I'm encouraging my brother in law to apply via EE under FSW....

I noticed that WES has two assessment options, one for immigration and one for education / professional purposes. Does anyone know if 1) an assessment for immigration purposes will suffice for educational / professional purposes (i.e. applying for post grad in Canada or to a professional association) and if the answer for 1) is NO, will WES conduct both assessments (assuming one has requested / paid for both) using the same documentation (i.e. transcripts in a sealed envelope)? My brother in law is Syrian and living outside Syria and so it would be very difficult for him to obtain additional copies of his transcripts right now.

C.
Yes WES has different options for educational credentials assessment for immigration and educational requirements. In case of migration, the report just states the Canandian Equivalence of each degree/diploma/certificate submitted for assessment, while the report for educational purposes has an additional course by course evaluation or analysis done. You can check the sample report on WES site for both the cases.

With regard to the documents, you will have to check with WES whether they can asses for both the cases (since you have paid for both) using the same set of documents. You can clearly explain your case citing the political situation in Syria and the difficulty in obtaining another set of documents again from the university.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Stanlee said:
Yes WES has different options for educational credentials assessment for immigration and educational requirements. In case of migration, the report just states the Canandian Equivalence of each degree/diploma/certificate submitted for assessment, while the report for educational purposes has an additional course by course evaluation or analysis done. You can check the sample report on WES site for both the cases.

With regard to the documents, you will have to check with WES whether they can asses for both the cases (since you have paid for both) using the same set of documents. You can clearly explain your case citing the political situation in Syria and the difficulty in obtaining another set of documents again from the university.
Thank you for the information. yes I have been inquiring with WES regarding the difficulty for Syrians. They just glibly stated that they are receiving the required documents by some Syrians (so they are assuming all Syrians should have no trouble). My husband was able to get one set of documents put into a sealed envelope...but he cannot get another set unless he goes to the university in person...and this is way too dangerous to him. WES did reply and said they were considering alternatives for those who are unable to meet their document requirements. But we'll see what happens.

Take care,

C

Skvach

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know, can I use a gift deed that was made last year for PoF (along with a bank statement)?
I prepared the gift deed last year for OINP, and now it seems they are going to issue nominations soon, so need to prepare for ITA.

1) Whould it be a problem if I use this gift deed? It was notarized last year.
2) I made a bank statement on 3 June , so its almost 3 months old now - can I use it for ITA or should I made a new one?

eagleworld

May 15, 2016
Hi
Please answer my query

i want to send my technical board 1 year diploma to WES for evaluation,i have not recieved the actual diploma certifcate from board yet ,however, i have marks sheet of this diploma
can i ask technical board of education to send WES format transcript form with marks sheet

Is it necessary to send actual diploma certificate to WES alongwith verified mark sheet
or
only transcript or mark sheet send by board is enough

2nd query is regarding FUNDS

i have required funds in cash not in bank,when should i submit funds into bank,
actually, when in express entry funds should be submitted before recieving ITA

thank you for your answer

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eagleworld said:
Hi
Please answer my query

i want to send my technical board 1 year diploma to WES for evaluation,i have not recieved the actual diploma certifcate from board yet ,however, i have marks sheet of this diploma
can i ask technical board of education to send WES format transcript form with marks sheet

Is it necessary to send actual diploma certificate to WES alongwith verified mark sheet
or
only transcript or mark sheet send by board is enough

You do not have to send any original documents to WES. If you do not have the final certificate of your diploma then you can send Provisional Certificate. Therefore, you can send the transcripts and photocopy of your provisional certificate.

By the way, it also depend on the country of your education. Please check www.wes.org to know the requirements of WES as per your country.

2nd query is regarding FUNDS

i have required funds in cash not in bank,when should i submit funds into bank,
actually, when in express entry funds should be submitted before recieving ITA

You will need funds after you will receive ITA. Therefore, the sooner you have funds in your account is better.

thank you for your answer

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Skvach said:
Does anyone know, can I use a gift deed that was made last year for PoF (along with a bank statement)?
I prepared the gift deed last year for OINP, and now it seems they are going to issue nominations soon, so need to prepare for ITA.

This is fine.

2) I made a bank statement on 3 June , so its almost 3 months old now - can I use it for ITA or should I made a new one?
You should probably get a new one.

Skvach

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
This is fine.

You should probably get a new one.
Thanks
That's what I thought, made a new bank statement this morning.

Radhaa

Jun 29, 2016
Hi,
Most of the provinces requires jobs. Then how can it be possible to get nominated through PNP? I have Master's degree and my IELTS L7.5R6W6.5S6.5

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Radhaa said:
Hi,
Most of the provinces requires jobs. Then how can it be possible to get nominated through PNP? I have Master's degree and my IELTS L7.5R6W6.5S6.5
Not all provinces require jobs.
PEI, NB, and Ontario do not.
NS and SK require you to have work experience in one of the NOCs on their in-demand lists.

SamSamo

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Hi all,

I'm April AOR and waiting for PPR. I renewed my passport this week.
Question: should I wait until I get PPR and then send CIC my new passport or should I write to CIC now with CSE about my new passport?
Thanks.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamSamo said:
Hi all,

I'm April AOR and waiting for PPR. I renewed my passport this week.
Question: should I wait until I get PPR and then send CIC my new passport or should I write to CIC now with CSE about my new passport?
Thanks.
You need to notify them now.

sappy486

Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
09-Mar-2017
Dear Members,

I have a query if someone could kindly clarify.

My spouse who i want to be the primary applicant had completely different occupations through out her career.
I would like to know if the experience gained has to be in one field or it doesn't matter while counting total years of experience.
Below is the list of jobs that she has worked on.

1: Report Writing Officer (Technical Writer) = 1 Years ( NOC 5121)
2: Assistant Manager Women Business Development Program = (1 Year) (NOC 4163)
3: Assistant Manager Career Development = (1 Year) (NOC 4033)
4: Business Faculty in ***** University = (Current since 6 Months)

And do we have to choose any one occupation out of the above listed to be her primary occupation for the application ?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sappy486 said:
Dear Members,

I have a query if someone could kindly clarify.

My spouse who i want to be the primary applicant had completely different occupations through out her career.
I would like to know if the experience gained has to be in one field or it doesn't matter while counting total years of experience.
Below is the list of jobs that she has worked on.

1: Report Writing Officer (Technical Writer) = 1 Years ( NOC 5121)
2: Assistant Manager Women Business Development Program = (1 Year) (NOC 4163)
3: Assistant Manager Career Development = (1 Year) (NOC 4033)
4: Business Faculty in ***** University = (Current since 6 Months)

And do we have to choose any one occupation out of the above listed to be her primary occupation for the application ?
1. As long as the work experience was gained in the last 10 years and it falls under NOC skill type 0, A or B, it will be counted towards total work experience.

2. Yes, you can choose any one occupation as the primary occupation provided it falls under NOC skill type 0, A or B and also meets the eligibility criteria mentioned for the economic class applicable (FSW/CEC/FST) for you.