+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pk910 said:
I am creating a new EE profile and withdrawn my old EE profile and there is small confusion regarding these 3 question below

"Has XX applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? "
Do I have to answer "YES"?
"Has xx applied for Express Entry before? "
Do I have to answer "YES",since I created a EE profile earlier and mention the previous EE profile number?

"Please provide the Express Entry file number"
Does this mean EE file number is same as EE profile number?

Your help is appreciated.Thanks
1) You must enter "NO".
2) You can enter "YES".

3) If you enter "YES" to question 2, you must enter the details asked about your previous EE profile.

Note : You can say "NO" to question 2 too and create a fresh EE profile. No issues here.

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Job Bank is only a prerequisite to enter the pool. The information on your job bank profile will not have an impact on your application. Don't worry too much about it.
Thanks a lot! Your help/advice is much appreciated.

httperror

Mar 3, 2014
Dears,

I need to know, If I eligible to apply for Express Entry. Though I tried it on CIC it says yes but I wanted to ask this community.

I am 25 years old living in Middle East. I am working in IT support. My IELTS General Score is: Listening:8,Speaking:7.5, Writing: 6.5 and Reading 6.5.

I do have relative who are in Canada and have PR.

Can someone please tell me what my score will be ?

Thanks,

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
httperror said:
Dears,

I need to know, If I eligible to apply for Express Entry. Though I tried it on CIC it says yes but I wanted to ask this community.

I am 25 years old living in Middle East. I am working in IT support. My IELTS General Score is: Listening:8,Speaking:7.5, Writing: 6.5 and Reading 6.5.

I do have relative who are in Canada and have PR.

Can someone please tell me what my score will be ?

Thanks,
You haven't provided enough information for us to estimate your score.

Use this tool: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
or this grid: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
to find out for yourself.

EDIT: If you're talking about your score in the FSW eligibility criteria, then use this grid: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Hi Guys ,

Today got my AOR :)

They say that my demand draft is out of date and asking me to provide a replacement bank draft.Actually i have taken the DD from ICICI (bank of monteral) does anyone know how to proceed now .

the mail also said " In order for us to return your original fee payment, please confirm your mailing address by way of return email" what does this mean.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sidhusukhdev123 said:
hi..my NOC is 0122, pls let me know any province accepting this NOC...pls share light on this NOC...is there any hope for me?

regards
No provinces have 0122 on their in-demand list.
PEI and NB do not require specific NOCs.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anil918918 said:
Hi Guys ,

Today got my AOR :)

Is this for PNP ? If so, which province.

They say that my demand draft is out of date and asking me to provide a replacement bank draft.Actually i have taken the DD from ICICI (bank of monteral) does anyone know how to proceed now .
You mean that you already got a replacement draft ?

the mail also said " In order for us to return your original fee payment, please confirm your mailing address by way of return email" what does this mean.
It means that you need to reply to the email, stating your mailing address, so that they can send your old bank draft back to you.

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
istari said:
Hi Istari, yes its for PNP , Ontario Province.

Earlier i have sent the demand draft of 1500 CAD via ICICI bank which expired, Should i again send another draft for 1500 CAD and ask them to return me back the old one to my address ?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anil918918 said:
Hi Istari, yes its for PNP , Ontario Province.

Earlier i have sent the demand draft of 1500 CAD via ICICI bank which expired, Should i again send another draft for 1500 CAD and ask them to return me back the old one to my address ?
Yes.

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Thank You Istari for your time and response.I have few more doubts .

I have ceased working in my organization on 22nd July and i have a 2 month gap before i join new company on 22 September . Is it ok to have a 2 month gap ? .And when and how do i update this to the Ontario province . I already updated My EE profile with last working day of my previous company.

The AOR says " Should your Express Entry profile- expire or be removed from the Express Entry system, and should you wish to continue with your OINP application using a new profile, you must email the following to our office within 30 calendar days of this letter" .My EE profile expires in Jan 2017 (not in next 30 days ) so should i create a new profile now or should i do it later ?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anil918918 said:
Thank You Istari for your time and response.I have few more doubts .

I have ceased working in my organization on 22nd July and i have a 2 month gap before i join new company on 22 September . Is it ok to have a 2 month gap ? .And when and how do i update this to the Ontario province . I already updated My EE profile with last working day of my previous company.
If you already have at least 1 year of continuous full-time work experience, then this gap doesn't matter.
I think you can just send an email.

The AOR says " Should your Express Entry profile- expire or be removed from the Express Entry system, and should you wish to continue with your OINP application using a new profile, you must email the following to our office within 30 calendar days of this letter" .My EE profile expires in Jan 2017 (not in next 30 days ) so should i create a new profile now or should i do it later ?
Do not create a new profile until your current profile expires.