+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry form : Education details query

RMJi

Sep 6, 2017
Dear members

I have a bachelor as well as a master's degree. I am now filling the express entry profile. I didn't have any issues while filling the details for MSc. But, for Bachelor of engineering, I have a question.

Should I just enter the Master's detail or do I also add another row for bachelors details?

ECA result is as follows

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY : Master's degree

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Name on Credential: XXXX
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering and Master of Science
Year: XXX
Awarded By: XXXX
Major/Specialization: XX and XX
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's and master's degree

Also, if I include bachelor's, there is no option for choosing engineering in the drop down menu. My field is electrical & electronics engineering. Should I choose Others or Computer/information technology?

Thanks

Last edited:

Green Stone

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Dear members

I have a bachelor as well as a master's degree. I am now filling the express entry profile. I didn't have any issues while filling the details for MSc. But, for Bachelor of engineering, I have a question.

Should I just enter the Master's detail or do I also add another row for bachelors details?

ECA result is as follows

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

Also, if I include bachelor's, there is no option for choosing engineering in the drop down menu. My field is electrical & electronics engineering. Should I choose Others or Computer/information technology?

Thanks
you can select applied science .
add another row aand fill both details Mater''s and bachelors .

Reactions: RMJi

ShivaDurga

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Dear members

ECA result is as follows

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

Thanks
Hi RMji,

It appears you have got your ECA report very recently. My report is also completed this week and I am little concerned about my report. Basically as per my passport if my name is Shivani Durgam. But my educational certificates has my name as Shivani D. And in the report they have called out explicitly that Name on credential differs from the name indicated on the top of ECA report. Can you please help me with the below questions.

1. Is your passport name and name on your educational certificate's same?
2. Do you have any statement at the top of the report saying "The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above."

Thank you.

ramkimca

Aug 15, 2017
Hi RMji,

It appears you have got your ECA report very recently. My report is also completed this week and I am little concerned about my report. Basically as per my passport if my name is Shivani Durgam. But my educational certificates has my name as Shivani D. And in the report they have called out explicitly that Name on credential differs from the name indicated on the top of ECA report. Can you please help me with the below questions.

1. Is your passport name and name on your educational certificate's same?
2. Do you have any statement at the top of the report saying "The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above."

Thank you.
I also have the same problem as WES sent the electronic report today and they called it out as "The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above." Is there an issue if this will be submitted to immigration?

Also, do they consider 2 years of masters degree (Master of Commerce) in India as 4 years Bachelor degree in Canada?

ShivaDurga

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
I also have the same problem as WES sent the electronic report today and they called it out as "The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above." Is there an issue if this will be submitted to immigration?

Also, do they consider 2 years of masters degree (Master of Commerce) in India as 4 years Bachelor degree in Canada?
Hi,

I am not sure about the degree equilancy. But for the name mismatch statement on ECA report, I am following up with WES to check it's implications while applying for immigration. I shall keep you updated as soon as I get any information on this.

bsp

Sep 12, 2017
The same name affidavit should work here..please update with the status

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW

yes, not considered as a Master's degree, but a 4-year degree.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
What do you mean by "same name affidavit will be for CIC not WES". I could not get this. What affidavit are we talking about here?
wes will give you an ECA with the name on your diplomas. you just have to explain to cic that this is indeed you

ramkimca

Aug 15, 2017
wes will give you an ECA with the name on your diplomas. you just have to explain to cic that this is indeed you
I am little confused. How can we explain to CIC that its really the same person? Is there an affidavit that can be used? How do we move forward?