Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dedicated said:
Thanks, Raj!
And what did you do with the form itself? The only solution I see it is to fill it in, print it and scan again. Or am I missing something?
I printed, scanned and uploaded the form with an additional page.

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raj, could you please share your expert opinion on one issue?

While filling in the travel history in my eAPR, I think I might have made some mistakes.
For instance, let's say, I studied abroad from September 2013 to June 2014. I made two trips to the foreign countries during that period. Let's say in October and January.

As a result, in my history I wrote:
XX September 2013 - XX June 2014 - Country A
XX October 2013 - XX October 2013 - Country B
XX January 2014 - XX January 2014 - Country C

Now, filling in the travel history form that they requested I realized that I should have breaken down those periods differently. Like:
XX September 2013 - XX October 2013 - Country A
XX October 2013 - XX October 2013 - Country B
XX October 2013 - XX January 2014 - Country A
XX January 2014 - XX January 2014 - Country C
XX January 2014 - XX June 2014 - Country A

In the requested form I'll provide the latter breakdown to be more precise. Do you think this discrepancy may cause any trouble in future?

I am also submitting a LOE alongside the travel history form to better support my case.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hey Raj,

My medicals status changed to passed today few hours back with following details:

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not needed at this time
Final decision Not Started

Kindly update my profile !

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
I received a request by CIC to upload additional documents i.e. a Saudi Arabian PCC for me and my wife.

Today I got the PCCs made and got them translated here in Riyadh. It's my understanding that "Certified Translators" are only based in Canada and basically if you get translations to English done from other places (like Riyadh in my case), they are not truly done by "Certified Translators" and for that I would also need to get an affidavit from them stating that the translation is fair and accurate translation. I want to know if I'm right in making that assertion?

Secondly, my translator instead of issuing an affidavit (no translator here issues an affidavit separately) has stamped the translation document which says "We certify that the English text is a fair and accurate translation of the arabic text attached hereto". Am I right to assume that this stamp is an affidavit in itself. I mean it says exactly the same thing what is required by CIC. But there is no Notary Public stamp or signature. Is that required? Notary Publics here in Saudi Arabia don't stamp or sign these english documents.

Lastly, on uploading the additional documents request, they are asking for Document Number and Expiry Date of the document. There is no Expiry Date of the Saudi PCC so I'm attaching an LOE stating that there is no Expiry Date but for CIC system purposes, I'm mentioning an Expiry Date 1 year from now. Is that ok? Also what is this Document Number? What should I fill there?

Would really appreciate if somebody can help me with this. Many thanks.

TheGuitarist

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Nomination.....
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
IELTS Request
30-08-2016
Med's Done....
01-12-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2017
@shariq123 - how long were you in Riyadh? Was it 6 months or more than that? :)

mayu2605

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Can you please add me in the list.
ITA - 2nd Nov
e-APR - 24th Nov.

No update since.

tfeddy2012

Star Member
May 11, 2015
AOR Since 17th Nov but no update since..not even medical passed.
Anyone experiencing this?
Cant just wait for this whole thing to be over. waiting to get ITA..Now it starts all over again.

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
mayu2605 said:
Hi,

Can you please add me in the list.
ITA - 2nd Nov
e-APR - 24th Nov.

No update since.
Same as mine. which category are you in?

dhasha1

Dec 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016
Med's Request
03-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
tfeddy2012 said:
Cant just wait for this whole thing to be over. waiting to get ITA..Now it starts all over again.
what do you mean by waiting to get ITA and not even medical passed?

Have you received ITA or waiting for one?

samonfire_007

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
The medical can take up to a month. It is weird that some people get it in 3 days and others get it in a month. Mine took 3 weeks so don't worry

tfeddy2012 said:

Donakinzo

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
Doc's Request.
30/09/2016 & 12/10/2016
Nomination.....
26 Oct 2016
AOR Received.
12 Nov 2016
File Transfer...
23-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
7 Nov 2016
shariq123 said:
I received a request by CIC to upload additional documents i.e. a Saudi Arabian PCC for me and my wife.

Today I got the PCCs made and got them translated here in Riyadh. It's my understanding that "Certified Translators" are only based in Canada and basically if you get translations to English done from other places (like Riyadh in my case), they are not truly done by "Certified Translators" and for that I would also need to get an affidavit from them stating that the translation is fair and accurate translation. I want to know if I'm right in making that assertion?

Secondly, my translator instead of issuing an affidavit (no translator here issues an affidavit separately) has stamped the translation document which says "We certify that the English text is a fair and accurate translation of the arabic text attached hereto". Am I right to assume that this stamp is an affidavit in itself. I mean it says exactly the same thing what is required by CIC. But there is no Notary Public stamp or signature. Is that required? Notary Publics here in Saudi Arabia don't stamp or sign these english documents.

Lastly, on uploading the additional documents request, they are asking for Document Number and Expiry Date of the document. There is no Expiry Date of the Saudi PCC so I'm attaching an LOE stating that there is no Expiry Date but for CIC system purposes, I'm mentioning an Expiry Date 1 year from now. Is that ok? Also what is this Document Number? What should I fill there?

Would really appreciate if somebody can help me with this. Many thanks.
Hi shariq123,

It is not true that the translators in Riyadh are not "Certified Translators" I am based in Riyadh and have used a company called LOFTA who are listed on a number western embassies as "Certified Translators" . As long as the translators are approved by the kingdom os Saudi Arabia then they are approved. I had the same doubts but i and a couple of people I know (who are already in canada) have used them several times and had no issues.

My own experience

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
Donakinzo said:
Hi shariq123,

It is not true that the translators in Riyadh are not "Certified Translators" I am based in Riyadh and have used a company called LOFTA who are listed on a number western embassies as "Certified Translators" . As long as the translators are approved by the kingdom os Saudi Arabia then they are approved. I had the same doubts but i and a couple of people I know (who are already in canada) have used them several times and had no issues.

My own experience
Thanks for your reply Donakizo. I have translated my saudi PCC from Al-Amri Translation Bureau. They are also approved by the government as they have a license number. I used them back when i wanted to bring my wife to KSA. The govt. approved the translation. So is it ok if i only upload the original saudi pcc and the translation?