+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

NazSharp

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, first of all good luck to everyone submitting e-APR! :) I just received my ITA yesterday and already have a few questions regarding the questions:

1. Addresses in last 10 years - I changed my permanent address about 5 times in the last 10 years but I really don't remember the years or months ore even the exact address for some of them. So I am going to make the best guess regarding the dates. I will not be asked to show documents regarding my past addresses, right? If so, it might look kind of messy :)

2. Travels in the last 10 years I lost my passport in 2008, so I really don't remember any of the exact dates of where I went before that. I could get a document from the police station that states when I left and entered my country before 2008, but it won't state which countries I visited. Do you guys think its necessary? Should I just write my travels since 2008 and write the reason on the LOE?

3. Translation - I understand that the translations have to be done by a certified translator. But what exactly is considered by a certified translator? There are many translators where I live that are sworn translators and they stamp this information the translation, is it the same thing? Would it be accepted?

4. Spouse Education - The school that my husband graduated from was apparently a partner with another school, so on my EE profile I wrote the name of the school that my husband said he graduated from. But when he got his diploma, the name of the school was different. Should I change the name of the school (as it is in the diploma) or leave it as it is and explain it on LOE?

5. Extremely silly last question but just want to make sure. When filling out the personal detail form, it asks for the city of birth exactly as it is on the passport. well on my passport and on my husband's passport it doesn't write the city but the town we born born :) So should I just write the city or write the town just like it is on our passports?

Any help regarding these questions would be much appreciated. Many thanks and all the best! :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
NazSharp said:
Hi guys, first of all good luck to everyone submitting e-APR! :) I just received my ITA yesterday and already have a few questions regarding the questions:

1. Addresses in last 10 years - I changed my permanent address about 5 times in the last 10 years but I really don't remember the years or months ore even the exact address for some of them. So I am going to make the best guess regarding the dates. I will not be asked to show documents regarding my past addresses, right? If so, it might look kind of messy :)

Put in approximate dates. No, you will not be asked documentation.

2. Travels in the last 10 years I lost my passport in 2008, so I really don't remember any of the exact dates of where I went before that. I could get a document from the police station that states when I left and entered my country before 2008, but it won't state which countries I visited. Do you guys think its necessary? Should I just write my travels since 2008 and write the reason on the LOE?

You can submit copies of stamps/visas on your current PP. You can mention that you lost your old PP in a LOE and maybe submit a police complaint or something similar.

3. Translation - I understand that the translations have to be done by a certified translator. But what exactly is considered by a certified translator? There are many translators where I live that are sworn translators and they stamp this information the translation, is it the same thing? Would it be accepted?

Definition of certified translators - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#certified_translator . You can get your documents translated AND get them notarized. Please remember that you have to submit both the original and the translated versions.

4. Spouse Education - The school that my husband graduated from was apparently a partner with another school, so on my EE profile I wrote the name of the school that my husband said he graduated from. But when he got his diploma, the name of the school was different. Should I change the name of the school (as it is in the diploma) or leave it as it is and explain it on LOE?

Mention the name of the body that issued the diploma/degree first and then the institution where he studied. I studied in XX college and YY university issued my certificate. My degree certificate shows YY. So I wrote "YY(XX)" in the name of the institution. No LOE is required IMO.

5. Extremely silly last question but just want to make sure. When filling out the personal detail form, it asks for the city of birth exactly as it is on the passport. well on my passport and on my husband's passport it doesn't write the city but the town we born born :) So should I just write the city or write the town just like it is on our passports?

Write whatever is mentioned on the Passport.

Any help regarding these questions would be much appreciated. Many thanks and all the best! :)

rudbee

Star Member
May 7, 2014
1. Suppose I am residing in a place since my Birth; In this case should I Put the 10 years back date from today (04-Nov-2006) in the start date or from the day of my birth (01-Jan-1985). Same question for personal history section.

2. Do I need to provide scanned copy of my previous passport also, since there are some visas in that?

3. What is the type of medical test (In some other threads people are saying “Non-EDE/Worker”, something like that)?

4. What about these association/ organizations in the personal history form. If I was involved in some clubs, forums that belongs to the University/ College. Should I mention them separately, or is it covered in the university section?

5. Do I need to provide notarized documents, or only scanned copy of the originals will suffice?

6. Did you guys submit scanned copy of the ECA report?

7. What should be the best answer, while I was neither studying nor working in the last 10 years? Suppose I was Preparing for Master’s Admission at Home.

jammin24

Star Member
May 4, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_4e.pdf

Like we discussed yesterday, no, you don't necessarily have to submit your nomination certificate or schedule 4 along with your e-APR. However, it is recommended.
What is the schedule 4? I didn't see any mention of it in the e-APR. Now I'm worried. Are there other documents that aren't asked for explicitly in the e-APR that we need to provide now or at a later date, that including them now would speed things up?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jammin24 said:
What is the schedule 4? I didn't see any mention of it in the e-APR. Now I'm worried. Are there other documents that aren't asked for explicitly in the e-APR that we need to provide now or at a later date, that including them now would speed things up?
s4 is a form that all provincial nominees have to submit. Submitting s4 along with your application might save some time. If you have not submitted it, don't worry. You will be asked to submit it at a later point in time.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rudbee said:
1. Suppose I am residing in a place since my Birth; In this case should I Put the 10 years back date from today (04-Nov-2006) in the start date or from the day of my birth (01-Jan-1985). Same question for personal history section.

You can mention 04-Nov-2006, IMO.

2. Do I need to provide scanned copy of my previous passport also, since there are some visas in that?

This is recommended by some members. Yes.

3. What is the type of medical test (In some other threads people are saying “Non-EDE/Worker”, something like that)?

Ideally, it should be "Non-EDE Worker". But other "types" are accepted too because some hospitals have no idea what the categories mean. As long as all the required tests are done, you are good to go!

4. What about these association/ organizations in the personal history form. If I was involved in some clubs, forums that belongs to the University/ College. Should I mention them separately, or is it covered in the university section?

I believe they are looking if you were members of some professional organizations etc. Not very sure about it though!

5. Do I need to provide notarized documents, or only scanned copy of the originals will suffice?

Regular scanned copies will suffice unless your documents are not in English or French; IN which case you would have to get the documents translated AND notarized and upload both the original and the translated versions.

6. Did you guys submit scanned copy of the ECA report?

Yes. In the PDF containing degree certificates.

7. What should be the best answer, while I was neither studying nor working in the last 10 years? Suppose I was Preparing for Master’s Admission at Home.

Choose "Unemployed" from the drop down. Mention whatever it is that you were doing that period.

rudbee

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Thanks bro you are a champ.

Btw, What did you do for the 1st question?

Another question: while disclosing nick name, what would be the last name?

Should I keep the last name same or write N/A

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rudbee said:
Thanks bro you are a champ.

Btw, What did you do for the 1st question?

Doesn't apply to me because I have lived in multiple addresses since my 18th birthday.

Another question: while disclosing nick name, what would be the last name?

Should I keep the last name same or write N/A

What nickname?

joelvetticat

Sep 8, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
02-06-2018
rudbee said:
In the question in personal detail section, do you have have other name/s"
I don't think they are referring to nick names.
Some people have changed their names officially. This section is probably referring to that.

Cheers !!!
Joel Lawrence
+974 5029 4073

rudbee

Star Member
May 7, 2014
joelvetticat said:
I don't think they are referring to nick names.
Some people have changed their names officially. This section is probably referring to that.

Cheers !!!
Joel Lawrence
+974 5029 4073

There is an option of Nick name, though.

rudbee

Star Member
May 7, 2014
rajkamalmohanram said:
If your name is, for instance, Matthew and your friends call you Matt, you don't have to mention that IMO.
What abt a nick name, which is not in my passport or certificates but I am known by that name to my family, friends and colleagues.

vivekskumar8544

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Nomination.....
27-09-2016
AOR Received.
08-11-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Passport Req..
03-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, you can mention the dates as such and explain your situation in a LOE.

However, I would suggest you not to hide anything (such as your job from 2007 to 2009). Just mention it in the personal history section. The dates can overlap. Explaining it with a LOE will solve it, IMO.
Thanks raj... +1