+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Also medical will expire on 3rd Nov. My consultant will raise CSE for that.
Oh boy! Okay. You might either get a request from IRCC to get a new medical exam done or in some cases, the medical validity of your current medical test might be extended by them (I think I've read about such cases in the past. I'm not really sure though).

Good luck man - Hope you see light at the end of the tunnel soon! All the best!

Reactions: Aali005

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
after 7 months London officer opened my file. passed the eligibility. Then sent it for Security Screening.
And now there is no expected timeline for me.
I'm really sorry to hear that. I suppose you and AAli005 can both email CSIS to get more details about yours respective security screening status. I recall reading about people emailing CSIS about their security screening status somewhere in this forum.

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Hey guys! What are you to? Been a long time!

Has everyone from our batch received PPR? What's going on?
Hi Raj,
Good to hear from you. I am still waiting. As I said before, my wife and I have lived in US, Thailand and Laos. So security screening (or background check) is taking longer. At least, that's my theory. OINP experience last year has taught me to be patient :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Raj,
Good to hear from you. I am still waiting. As I said before, my wife and I have lived in US, Thailand and Laos. So security screening (or background check) is taking longer. At least, that's my theory. OINP experience last year has taught me to be patient :)
I'm sorry to hear that Sammoe. Have you written to them yet? How about GCMS notes?

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
I'm sorry to hear that Sammoe. Have you written to them yet? How about GCMS notes?
I have raised a CSE for the status once. They just replied saying it's ongoing with no details. I didn't bother to request GCMS notes. I am thinking about raising a CSE again since I want to ask them about my medicals, which will be expired next month. Someone on the forum said to raise a CSE a month before to ask them to extend.

In my case, I think they probably have extended already because I saw some weird status changes about my medicals several weeks ago. But I am still going to raise a CSE just in case.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have raised a CSE for the status once. They just replied saying it's ongoing with no details. I didn't bother to request GCMS notes. I am thinking about raising a CSE again since I want to ask them about my medicals, which will be expired next month. Someone on the forum said to raise a CSE a month before to ask them to extend.

In my case, I think they probably have extended already because I saw some weird status changes about my medical several weeks ago. But I am still going to raise a CSE just in case.

Yeah, don't take chances. Raise a CSE for medicals. Also, I would recommend that you apply for notes to see what's going on with your application. Takes a month to get it but I think it'll be worth it.

Hope you get your PPR soon. Wish you success. All the best!

Reactions: sammoe

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Yeah, don't take chances. Raise a CSE for medicals. Also, I would recommend that you apply for notes to see what's going on with your application. Takes a month to get it but I think it'll be worth it.

Hope you get your PPR soon. Wish you success. All the best!
Thanks! Hope you are adjusting to your new life in Ontario (probably in Toronto) :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks! Hope you are adjusting to your new life in Ontario (probably in Toronto) :)
Yeah! Currently in Mississauga. So far so good. Coming from a tropical country - I see the temperature dropping and it is kind of scary. But it is all a part and parcel of the dream so, yeah! Learnt to embrace it. :) .

Aali005

May 5, 2017
Oh boy! Okay. You might either get a request from IRCC to get a new medical exam done or in some cases, the medical validity of your current medical test might be extended by them (I think I've read about such cases in the past. I'm not really sure though).

Good luck man - Hope you see light at the end of the tunnel soon! All the best!
Thank you for your support and advice

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Yeah! Currently in Mississauga. So far so good. Coming from a tropical country - I see the temperature dropping and it is kind of scary. But it is all a part and parcel of the dream so, yeah! Learnt to embrace it. :) .
Don't worry about the temperature. You will get used to it quickly. Next summer, you will be feeling like it's so hot :) If you drive, just be careful on the snow in the beginning.

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Thanks man! Sure! :) . Hope to see you here soon! All the best!
When I first came to the US as a student, I bought a winter coat from thrift stores (such as Salvation Army, Good Will and St Vincent) for $5. Sometimes you will find a decent one extra cheap. Of course, they are used. But still pretty good. It kept me warm for a few years until I could afford to buy a new one :)

The important thing to remember is layering. Just keep extra layers of clothes. It will keep you warm.

Last edited:

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
I just raised CSE about the medical exam results, asking them whether my medicals will be extended since my application will turn a year in a month from now.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
When I first came to the US as a student, I bought a winter coat from thrift stores (such as Salvation Army, Good Will and St Vincent) for $5. Sometimes you will find a decent one extra cheap. Of course, they are used. But still pretty good. It kept me warm for a few years until I could afford to buy a new one :)

The important thing to remember is layering. Just keep extra layers of clothes. It will keep you warm.
Thanks man! Appreciate it! I'll keep it in mind! :) .