Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Hello folks,

If Security screening took that long, what about medical and language test we took? do we have to take them again if they are expired ? thanks.

PNP-Inland
AOR- Nov. 15, 2016
For language, you do not have to worry about it because once you receive AOR (which you have), then it doesn't matter even if it expires. However, for medicals, it will expires after 1 full year. What you can do is send a CSE before a year passes and ask them to extend your medicals, which they usually do. As far as I know, for PNP, they extend it indefinitely, but for FSW, they usually add only 1-2 months, though I am not very certain about this bit.

daadventure

May 17, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
For language, you do not have to worry about it because once you receive AOR (which you have), then it doesn't matter even if it expires. However, for medicals, it will expires after 1 full year. What you can do is send a CSE before a year passes and ask them to extend your medicals, which they usually do. As far as I know, for PNP, they extend it indefinitely, but for FSW, they usually add only 1-2 months, though I am not very certain about this bit.
Thank you

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Does it matter whether inland or outland for medicals extension?

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Does it matter whether inland or outland for medicals extension?
To be honest, I'm not very sure. As far as I know, PNP applicants (both inland and outland) usually get an indefinite extension for their medicals. Just make sure you send a CSE before a year passes from the date you did your medical checkups.

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
I have a strange status change today in my profile. Review of medical results has changed from "You passed the medical exam" to "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam." I am not sure what to make of it. But at least it's moving.

jianxia15

Jun 6, 2016
I have a strange status change today in my profile. Review of medical results has changed from "You passed the medical exam" to "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam." I am not sure what to make of it. But at least it's moving.
Maybe they will ask you to redo medical or automatically extend ur medical. Are u stuck in SS? Thanks.

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Maybe they will ask you to redo medical or automatically extend ur medical. Are u stuck in SS? Thanks.
I don't know for sure it's security screening or not because I didn't request any GCMS notes. But my wife and I did live in several countries outside of our home country.

Last edited:

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
To update my post from yesterday, the status changed back to "You passed the medical exam" this morning (EST time). I have no idea what that brief change from yesterday was about.

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
Received letter from CSIS that my security screening was started on 15 March 2017 (that is what my GCMS also says) and it was completed on 24th July 2017 (so a little over 4 months). The file was then forward to IRCC OR CBSA (it seemed surprising to me that they didn't know exactly which organization they forwarded to). In any case I had preemptively requested notes from CBSA as well and will wait and see what they say. If CBSA has also completed I will open a case specific enquiry with IRCC attaching both letters from CSIS and CBSA asking them what's up...

daadventure

May 17, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Hi guys,
I'm a Inland PNP applicant, I'm tired of being waiting PPR letter forever in Canada, just wondering if I can go back to my home country and wait there (Is there any potential problem if I leave? ). My lawyer said she can help mailing my passport to IRCC once I receive PPR letter) but can I mail it by myself and received it back outside of Canada?

Thank you

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Received letter from CSIS that my security screening was started on 15 March 2017 (that is what my GCMS also says) and it was completed on 24th July 2017 (so a little over 4 months). The file was then forward to IRCC OR CBSA (it seemed surprising to me that they didn't know exactly which organization they forwarded to). In any case I had preemptively requested notes from CBSA as well and will wait and see what they say. If CBSA has also completed I will open a case specific enquiry with IRCC attaching both letters from CSIS and CBSA asking them what's up...
Thanks for the update. It's good that your SS was initiated a bit early (mine was started on 18 May, roughly two months after yours). After CSIS is done, your file is almost always directed to CBSA and it usually takes a long time there (though there was a case recently in which it took only one month at CBSA, so nobody really knows for sure how long it'll take). Good luck, and please keep us posted on any developments.

Reactions: A.Syed1

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Hi guys,
I'm a Inland PNP applicant, I'm tired of being waiting PPR letter forever in Canada, just wondering if I can go back to my home country and wait there (Is there any potential problem if I leave? ). My lawyer said she can help mailing my passport to IRCC once I receive PPR letter) but can I mail it by myself and received it back outside of Canada?

Thank you
I'm really not very sure, but I don't see why it will be an issue. However, you are a November applicant and hopefully you need just a couple of additional months, so why not wait it out for a few additional months? Have you ordered GCMS notes to see when SS was initiated and see if CSIS has done anything about it?

daadventure

May 17, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
I'm really not very sure, but I don't see why it will be an issue. However, you are a November applicant and hopefully you need just a couple of additional months, so why not wait it out for a few additional months? Have you ordered GCMS notes to see when SS was initiated and see if CSIS has done anything about it?
I mailed a SS status request to CSIS 3 weeks ago (will take about 2 months to get a response) and I requested GCMS note today online (will take 30 calendar days for a response), hope to receive some information from Canadian government. Thanks.

mapeleafs

Apr 12, 2017
It's been a rough 6 months for me. Everything was going so well and then i got stuck. I was legally separated and provided a separation agreement to support that in my eAPR but no, CIC demanded i be fully divorced. They gave me 30 days to be divorced!!!! divorce takes minimum 4 months in Canada and can be filed only after 1 year of separation. And so i've been threatened and given deadlines upon deadlines from CIC since January. Finally last week i got the divorce order and uploaded to mycic account. This journey started 2 years ago and i hope this is finally the last hurdle. To all those who are separated, ensure you get divorced before you can remove your spouse from your application. Dont know if its just my case that was treated this way but it has been a very difficult 6 months for me. Almost everyone who started this journey same time as me are all landed. Congrats to them all
Hey @Jojcanada - did you get points from your spousal? or the spouse was just an additional applicant? if you didnt get any points for spousal it shouldnt be a issue right if you keep the spouse on your application or not.

Please share the details.