+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

Amu7809

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Hello Experts,

Need your help. I am Dec 03 (AOR) pnp inland applicant and I called CIC last Monday regarding my file and apparently agent told me that decision has been made on my file and processing office sent out the email on 25th May. But agent didn’t tell me what is that email for..

After that I checked with my representative to see if we receive any correspondence but there is nothing and we both also even check our spam/junk folders. Also, there is no change in CIC account for which my representative has an access..

On Tuesday, I called CIC again and asked them to resend the email but this time to different email address but not received anything yet.
But is it right thing to ask to send it to different email, I am not sure I did the right thing

Does anyone face similar issue before or any idea how long does it take to receive the email?
Is it right to contact CIC again and again because I am in limbo ..

I am hoping this will not have any negative impact on my application.
Your input and guidance will be greatly appreciated on this

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
I think from 2% we are now 1%. (ppl who r still waiting for ppr- november aor)
Seems like it. Depressing really. Please stay in touch as we need each other's support here.

I'm a FSW-I applicant with Nov 19 AOR and I'm still waiting for my PPR. I'm probably the only FSW-I still waiting after 6 months!
I am FSW as well (AOR was on 13 November), though I am out-land. Indeed I haven't seen many other FSW-I applicants here. Good luck with your application.

cybersiju

Apr 21, 2017
Seems like it. Depressing really. Please stay in touch as we need each other's support here.

I am FSW as well (AOR was on 13 November), though I am out-land. Indeed I haven't seen many other FSW-I applicants here. Good luck with your application.
Out of curiosity, what is your nationality? What travel history do you have? I think the reason my file is taking so long is because I lived in Saudi Arabia for a long period of time and have a lot of travel history in the Middle East. They probably sent my file for clearance from intelligence.

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
I'm FSWO AOR Nov 7th. Almost 7 months now, how many are we?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Experts,

Need your help. I am Dec 03 (AOR) pnp inland applicant and I called CIC last Monday regarding my file and apparently agent told me that decision has been made on my file and processing office sent out the email on 25th May. But agent didn’t tell me what is that email for..

After that I checked with my representative to see if we receive any correspondence but there is nothing and we both also even check our spam/junk folders. Also, there is no change in CIC account for which my representative has an access..

On Tuesday, I called CIC again and asked them to resend the email but this time to different email address but not received anything yet.
But is it right thing to ask to send it to different email, I am not sure I did the right thing

Does anyone face similar issue before or any idea how long does it take to receive the email?
Is it right to contact CIC again and again because I am in limbo ..

I am hoping this will not have any negative impact on my application.
Your input and guidance will be greatly appreciated on this
no it will not impact your application mate, decision has already been made.

if its taken more than 6 months, i'm 99.9% sure its positive decision only.

you didnt receive the email even in the new email address? thats just hard to swallow... try using a gmail address instead of hotmail or yahoo...

good luck

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Out of curiosity, what is your nationality? What travel history do you have? I think the reason my file is taking so long is because I lived in Saudi Arabia for a long period of time and have a lot of travel history in the Middle East. They probably sent my file for clearance from intelligence.
I guess our nationality (or place of residence) could have some impact on the process. I am from Iraqi Kurdistan, which could explain why my application isn't finished yet (6 months and 20 days as of now). I have traveled to no more than a couple of countries, so I doubt that would be the problem here. There is also an element of luck, because I am very sure there was at least one other Saudi guy here who got his PPR after 3 months or so. Many other Middle Easterners and Pakistanis whose applications also took no more than 4 months. So it probably depends on how lucky (or unlucky) you are.

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
yes we need to be in touch. London is issuing PPRs to Jan17 Aors, and for me every time they reply that they have not started processing my file. its 7th month now.

sbrs2010

Jul 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah that sucks man... anyway have patience - no point in worrying about something which isnt even in our control :)
Is there any update for you with respect to the background check status?

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Well I'm a middle eastern with a past military service and that could be why, however, I have a friend in the exact same situation who got his ppr in 5 and a half months.

Amu7809

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
no it will not impact your application mate, decision has already been made.

if its taken more than 6 months, i'm 99.9% sure its positive decision only.

you didnt receive the email even in the new email address? thats just hard to swallow... try using a gmail address instead of hotmail or yahoo...

good luck

Thanks buddy, yeah the new address is the Gmail one! Not sure what's happening, will call them again.

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Is it time to panic?

Aali005

May 5, 2017
I'm also FSWO 20th November AOR. My BG status changed from NA to we are processing starting of this week along with some doc they asked. Even though before it said we do not need any doc and now they wants more doc. I think London office totally different from Ottawa office regardless if Ottawa office don't need anything London office still need.. but, let's see I'll submit by next week and hopefully it will good positive response after that.. good luck everyone

nomik

Jun 4, 2017
I'm a FSW-I applicant with Nov 19 AOR and I'm still waiting for my PPR. I'm probably the only FSW-I still waiting after 6 months!
Same here (FSW-I, e-APR: Nov 19). I did receive an email on Apr 7th regarding RPRF, which I paid three days later. Nothing since then. Called CIC a few days back -agent told me everything looks ok, background check is pending, and I shouldn't be worried. Yet, it's been almost two months since last communication. Note that I applied along with my spouse.