25-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2016
Surbhigurpreet said:
I guess this is incorrect... mostly the inladers are getting ppr. It is only few outlanders in between who are getting early Ppr
That's how I see it too. From many threads in this forum, it looks like inlands get PPR sooner than outlands...

mortywaves

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thiagoch said:
That's how I see it too. From many threads in this forum, it looks like inlands get PPR sooner than outlands...
My observation is based on the spreadsheet for November applicants. There are a lot of Inland applications with no movement for over a month. I will come up with the numbers when I have time using the data. We'll see.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
thiagoch said:
That's because it depends on the category of the PNP you may have applied under...for example SINP OID is by far the fastest...PNP inlands and PNP outlands (if VO is Ottawa) under most categories see 5 months approx...if PNP outland and VO is outland...speed depends on that VO..but generally around 5/6 months as well..inland CEC/FSW-5/6 months

FSW-O (if VO is Ottawa)- 6months FSW-O (VO is outland)-depends on VO

Best wishes!

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All of you Guys, Don't think the Insider get early PPR. The outside candidates (sometimes depends on Visa center, from where you applied!) get it most earlier than insider. Because, the insider's file is processed by the office inside Canada, which is most slowest office in the world ;D. Just give you an example, last year Work Permit extension application (with same employer) took 5 months to approve (even you applied for 3 months :p). Now about PR application, you may see the November applicant's timeline, it takes a month to get the medical passed for insider :'( .

We the insider have the only advantage, "we can extend our visa to stay in Canada (with extension fees) :p"

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
jamezmoran said:
If you're already working in Canada, what's the rush? Many outland applicants have time and financial constraints, and some may not even have any current work in their home country since they're literally just waiting on the visa to come through.
Why would outland applicants have time and financial constraints??? why they are not working??? It just doesn't make any sense to me. Inland people are the one that facing many challenges, we are on temporary work permit, we are renting suites/apartments/houses, financing cars, paying heavy taxes etc. we could be kicked out of the country and lost everything within months if our apps got rejected.

mortywaves

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mortywaves said:
My observation is based on the spreadsheet for November applicants. There are a lot of Inland applications with no movement for over a month. I will come up with the numbers when I have time using the data. We'll see.
I just quickly ran the numbers.

Assuming everyone who hasn't had their medical passed, will have it passed today:

Average number of days for PNP-O for Medical to pass: 12.48
Average number of days for PNP-I for Medical to pass: 23.33

Just counting those who reported Passed:

Average number of days for PNP-O for Medical to pass: 5.33
Average number of days for PNP-I for Medical to pass: 17.53

There is insufficient data for other parts. We can discuss those in 5 months when most people get PPRs.

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
KrispyKreamKonnoisseur said:
Why would outland applicants have time and financial constraints??? why they are not working??? It just doesn't make any sense to me. Inland people are the one that facing many challenges, we are on temporary work permit, we are renting suites/apartments/houses, financing cars, paying heavy taxes etc. we could be kicked out of the country and lost everything within months if our apps got rejected.
Why are you questioning why someone might not be in work? It's entirely possible for people to be out of work waiting for visas, they might have only got an ITA based on the fact they have a job offer, maybe they are a newly qualified student, or they might be a contractor in their home country who just finished a contract and cannot reasonably get another for the short period of time they have to wait for the CoPR. You might get kicked out of the country, but please don't be under any delusions that you are the only people who have things at stake when they apply for a visa to another country.

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
jamezmoran said:
Why are you questioning why someone might not be in work? It's entirely possible for people to be out of work waiting for visas,
This is what I don't understand. Why would waiting for a visa from Canada has anything to do with your current job in your country?

jamezmoran said:
they might have only got an ITA based on the fact they have a job offer, maybe they are a newly qualified student, or they might be a contractor in their home country who just finished a contract and cannot reasonably get another for the short period of time they have to wait for the CoPR. You might get kicked out of the country, but please don't be under any delusions that you are the only people who have things at stake when they apply for a visa to another country.
I understand that both inland and outland applicants have their own challenges, but IMO inland applicants have more thing to lose, as they are building their future in a new country without any guarantee, while outland applicants are staying in their home countries which has better support.

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
KrispyKreamKonnoisseur said:
This is what I don't understand. Why would waiting for a visa from Canada has anything to do with your current job in your country?

I understand that both inland and outland applicants have their own challenges, but IMO inland applicants have more thing to lose, as they are building their future in a new country without any guarantee, while outland applicants are staying in their home countries which has better support.
I'm sorry but what you are saying is just flat out not true. First of all, can you explain how there is no guarantee you will be accepted as a PR? Are you saying you are half expecting your application to be rejected for spurious reasons? That's not how this process works. If you're eligible then you'll get PR, else that's not the fault of anyone but yourself.

Secondly, immigration to another country, any country, takes a lot of time and money, and often there's not a clean break between working in the home country and moving and getting a job in the new country. There's a huge amount of risk involved before you've even got the visa, and you're acting as if outland applicants have nothing to lose, which is not only wrong, but frankly insulting.

Thirdly, you say you cannot see why someone wouldn't be working while waiting for a visa, except I just listed several very reasonable instances of that right of the top of my head in my previous post, and I don't really feel like repeating them.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Guys,

When RPRF request is sent to an applicant, does this mean that the applicant's R10 and A11.2 checks are completed ?

GK33

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2016
Hi,

I have applied for PR on 29th November and got AOR on same day.

But My medical is not passed yet. Is it normal?

Thanks,
GK

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
jamezmoran said:
I'm sorry but what you are saying is just flat out not true. First of all, can you explain how there is no guarantee you will be accepted as a PR? Are you saying you are half expecting your application to be rejected for spurious reasons? That's not how this process works. If you're eligible then you'll get PR, else that's not the fault of anyone but yourself.

Secondly, immigration to another country, any country, takes a lot of time and money, and often there's not a clean break between working in the home country and moving and getting a job in the new country. There's a huge amount of risk involved before you've even got the visa, and you're acting as if outland applicants have nothing to lose, which is not only wrong, but frankly insulting.

Thirdly, you say you cannot see why someone wouldn't be working while waiting for a visa, except I just listed several very reasonable instances of that right of the top of my head in my previous post, and I don't really feel like repeating them.
1. If there is something wrong with my documents, like PCC or something I don't know about, my app could be rejected anytime.

2. What risk does it include when you are staying and working in your home country and waiting for the visa to be processed and approved in Canada? the visa in processing and your job in your home country have absolutely nothing to do with each other, while for inland applicants, once your app got rejected and your work permit expired, you have to leave Canada.

3. Again, similar to point no. 2, you having a job and losing a job in your home country have no correlation with the PR process, hence no challenges.

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
rafzy said:
Guys,

When RPRF request is sent to an applicant, does this mean that the applicant's R10 and A11.2 checks are completed ?
I believe this means you have been found to be eligible. I can't think of another reason they would request that other than it being the final thing your PR is dependent on.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
jamezmoran said:
I believe this means you have been found to be eligible. I can't think of another reason they would request that other than it being the final thing your PR is dependent on.
By eligible you mean that my A11.2 check is passed and ok ?

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
rafzy said:
By eligible you mean that my A11.2 check is passed and ok ?
I mean the RPRF is a fee refundable if your application is rejected by CIC for any reason whatsoever, so I don't see why CIC would request it if there was a chance they would have to refund it. In short, yes, I think that means your checks passed and you will be receiving a PPR shortly upon payment, but I do not know for certain.