+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Canadian work experience 11 months not full 12 months..plz help!!

Roop@brar

Oct 8, 2017
You can submit now. 465 is way above cut off point. If you still want something to make you feel safe, you can always write something in the letter of explanation or call CIC to make sure. I'm sure when you read your ITA carefully, you will notice that they said: they don't reject you if after they manually recalculate your score, you are still above the cut off for your round.

Last time when I submitted, The PR profile is the same as the express entry profile, mean month/year.
thank u so much.. It helped a lot

Mar 12, 2018
You do not qualify for PR under CEC until you complete 12 months of work experience. CIC is VERY strict about it and your application WILL be rejected if you apply when you do not qualify.
Hi Express PR,

I wanted to know, how you went about your case, since I am in a similar situation with 10 months and 2 weeks. Aug 2011 to july 2012. System accepts it as 1 year, but the duration is definitely less. Did you get your PR, and was your Canadian experience considered as one year experience.

Thanks,
Nishanth.

RG2005

Sep 6, 2017
Hi Express PR,

I wanted to know, how you went about your case, since I am in a similar situation with 10 months and 2 weeks. Aug 2011 to july 2012. System accepts it as 1 year, but the duration is definitely less. Did you get your PR, and was your Canadian experience considered as one year experience.

Thanks,
Nishanth.
Hi Nishant,
I had the same problem as your (11 months 4 days - May 2016 to Apr 2017). I am PR now. This is what I did. In the EE profile submission, I moved the start of my Canada work exp to June 2016 so as to not get false qualification in CEC by the system. My Canadian experience in May 2016 was only of 6 days. Rest of the month I was working in India.
After I got invited under FSW, I did the same while submitting the application and mentioned everything in the Letter of Explanation.
Everything went well.

Hope this helps!!

ironic

Feb 3, 2018
Hi,

I have started my current job on September 21st, 2015. I submitted my profile showing this information in April, 2018 with two plus years of experience and score of 440. On August 8th, my actual work experience became 2 years, 10 months and 17 days but my express entry profile has calculated this as three year work experience on its own. Even though it has not reached three years like I explained. Because of this calculation, I ended up gaining 25 extra points, received the ITA which shows that I have 465 points now. With the original score (440 points), I should not have been invited in the last round which took place on August 8th, in spite of the fact that the cut off score was 440. Because the last round invited only those profiles which were submitted before January, 2018 and mine was submitted in April, 2018.

Can you please suggest what I should do now?

1. Should I decline this invitation so that my profile remains active in the pool for the next one and half months and keep declining until the duration of my work experience becomes 3 years in September 21st for real?

2. Should I accept the invitation as the profile thinks I am eligible?

@Eucalyptus could you please help?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi,

I have started my current job on September 21st, 2015. I submitted my profile showing this information in April, 2018 with two plus years of experience and score of 440. On August 8th, my actual work experience became 2 years, 10 months and 17 days but my express entry profile has calculated this as three year work experience on its own. Even though it has not reached three years like I explained. Because of this calculation, I ended up gaining 25 extra points, received the ITA which shows that I have 465 points now. With the original score (440 points), I should not have been invited in the last round which took place on August 8th, in spite of the fact that the cut off score was 440. Because the last round invited only those profiles which were submitted before January, 2018 and mine was submitted in April, 2018.

Can you please suggest what I should do now?

1. Should I decline this invitation so that my profile remains active in the pool for the next one and half months and keep declining until the duration of my work experience becomes 3 years in September 21st for real?

@Eucalyptus could you please help?
I would decline it and wait. Accepting ITA based on a wrong calculation could land you in trouble. Play it safe. In all cases you have a good score so why risk it

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

I have started my current job on September 21st, 2015. I submitted my profile showing this information in April, 2018 with two plus years of experience and score of 440. On August 8th, my actual work experience became 2 years, 10 months and 17 days but my express entry profile has calculated this as three year work experience on its own. Even though it has not reached three years like I explained. Because of this calculation, I ended up gaining 25 extra points, received the ITA which shows that I have 465 points now.

With the original score (440 points), I should not have been invited in the last round which took place on August 8th, in spite of the fact that the cut off score was 440. Because the last round invited only those profiles which were submitted before January, 2018 and mine was submitted in April, 2018.

Perhaps what you meant is that with the tie-breaking rule, you would not have been invited... you are probably correct.

Since this affects only your CRS score and not your eligibility for CEC, you can wait until after you complete the 3rd year and then submit your eAPR.

MEC (minimum eligibility criteria) must be met at the time of the ITA.
CRS points must be valid at the time you submit your eAPR.

SO, if you feel better, you can decline and go back into the pool, but it's not necessary.

Nov 27, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I have started my current job on Dec 5th 2017 and I had a 1 year contract in this job, however my company cancelled my contract 4 days before my contract end date. So now I do not have a complete 1 year of work experience. Can you guys suggest what are my options,

1. Can I start working for some other company and apply for pr after 4 days on job ? (which will give me 1 year of experience)
2. I shall wait 6 months before I apply for PR ?
3. Shall I just apply now and explain CIC about my situation ?

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I have started my current job on Dec 5th 2017 and I had a 1 year contract in this job, however my company cancelled my contract 4 days before my contract end date. So now I do not have a complete 1 year of work experience. Can you guys suggest what are my options,

1. Can I start working for some other company and apply for pr after 4 days on job ? (which will give me 1 year of experience)
2. I shall wait 6 months before I apply for PR ?
3. Shall I just apply now and explain CIC about my situation ?
1st option should definitely work provided your work permit is still valid and you can get a 0/A/B level job.

osaleh

Jul 11, 2018
Hi
I'm a geologist working in a gold mine in northern Quebec. I live in Ottawa, Ontario. And since the mine is in the middle of nowhere (as basically most mines in Canada), Our schedule is a little different than normal.

I'm a full-time Employee with benefits. I got hired on May 15th, 2018, so I'm completing one year very soon. However, I'm on a rotational schedule of fifteen (15) days on – thirteen (13) days off. The standard hours of work is 10 hours a day. As of May 15th, 2019, I will have worked approx. 2,240 hours.

So based on that rotational schedule, there is always one week (out of 4) of the month that I am off. So If I do the math based on the 3 weeks of work and the "30 hours max"; I will end up with 1173 hours only.

Again, I'm a fulltime employee with benefits and a stable constant salary that never changes no matter how my rotation is managed. I got my contract and a letter from work that can prove that as well and clearly indicates that I'm a full-time employee. And remember it is a remote job, It is an 11 hours drive to get to work and it is in the middle of the woods of northern Quebec.

gunadinesh

Apr 27, 2019
Hi All,

The following is my work experience:

July 28th 2014 - May 06th 2016 - 1 years 9 months 9 days
April 03rd 2017 - June 02nd 2017 - Paid internship during MBA course - 1 month 30 days
June 04th 2018 till date - 10 months 25 days

Total Work Ex: 34 months 2 days....But CIC is calculating it as 3 years because of months issue...What do I do now ???

Also, would paid internship during MBA course be accepted as work Experience ??? If yes, What all documents should I submit, I only have internship completion letter...Pls help as next draw is in a very few days from now

brs.123

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
Hi,

kindly answer me if you can. I will be completing my one year on 13 sep. Can i go to EE pool now or first week of sep. and If I get my invite in the next round. I will submit my application after 13th? My score calculator is giving me 460.

Will there be any harm in going in pool. and If I get my invitation before 13th sep and I will apply after that date? Will they reject because at the type they invited i did not complete one year?
Kindly explain. I want to start my process as soon as possible thats why.

Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi,

kindly answer me if you can. I will be completing my one year on 13 sep. Can i go to EE pool now or first week of sep. and If I get my invite in the next round. I will submit my application after 13th? My score calculator is giving me 460.

Will there be any harm in going in pool. and If I get my invitation before 13th sep and I will apply after that date? Will they reject because at the type they invited i did not complete one year?
Kindly explain. I want to start my process as soon as possible thats why.

Thanks
You need to have met the minimum requirements at the time of receiving the invitation. You can enter the pool now, but you shouldn't accept any ITA before the 13th of September.

There's only likely to be one draw that you need to decline, so it's not a big deal.

jnqzn22

Sep 1, 2019
Hi Nishant,
I had the same problem as your (11 months 4 days - May 2016 to Apr 2017). I am PR now. This is what I did. In the EE profile submission, I moved the start of my Canada work exp to June 2016 so as to not get false qualification in CEC by the system. My Canadian experience in May 2016 was only of 6 days. Rest of the month I was working in India.
After I got invited under FSW, I did the same while submitting the application and mentioned everything in the Letter of Explanation.
Everything went well.

Hope this helps!!

Hi, what did you say on your explanation letter? Thank you very much.

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
HI There,
My spouse has total exp of 11 month 17 days (she laid-off due to covid19)but when i added her as dependent I getting 5 additional point.
Will this 5 additional will counted by officer or it will ignored?

Regard
vick

Nishan Hundal

Aug 29, 2018
Hi Nishant,
Everything went well.

Hope this helps!!