+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Canadian work experience 11 months not full 12 months..plz help!!

Nishan Hundal

Aug 29, 2018
Hello Bro ,

My indian experience is from 3rd April 2015 to 31st March 2016. In my offer letter it’s written that I will be starting from 3rd April. So overall it’s 2 days less from 1 year.
On other hand on my experience letter it’s written I worked from April 2015 to 31st March . I have these two issues. I got my ITA and I am very worried . What should I do ? Please help me out

Nishan Hundal

Aug 29, 2018
Hello Bro ,

My indian experience is from 3rd April 2015 to 31st March 2016. In my offer letter it’s written that I will be starting from 3rd April. So overall it’s 2 days less from 1 year.
On other hand on my experience letter it’s written I worked from April 2015 to 31st March . I have these two issues. I got my ITA and I am very worried . What should I do ? Please help me out

saidsp

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Hi Friends I need your valuable suggestion regarding calculation of my Foreign work experience. Please find below my previous work exp with dates mentioned:

Foreign work experience:
Company A - June 9, 2014 - May 3, 2017 (NOC 2173) ( 2 years, 11 months) --- [Job 1]
Company B - May 25, 2017 - July 29, 2017 (NOC 2173) (2 months, 4 days) --- [Job 2]
Canadian work exp:
Sep 16, 2019 - Present (NOC 2173) (will be completing 1 year of canadian exp in next month) -- [Job 3]

Can i count my first job as 3 years of Foreign work experience though i have only 2 years 11 months on experience letter. Or should i include reference letter from Company B also to claim my 3 years of exp. All the three jobs are same NOC code. I am in confused state on how to claim my 3 years of work exp.

Should I Include only job1 in EE profile to claim 3 years or do i need to include both the jobs 1 &2 to claim 3 years of exp?

Please help me guys!!

mihirkumar patel

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hello Bro ,

Same problem...did you accept it?

mihirkumar patel

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hi,

I have started my current job on September 21st, 2015. I submitted my profile showing this information in April, 2018 with two plus years of experience and score of 440. On August 8th, my actual work experience became 2 years, 10 months and 17 days but my express entry profile has calculated this as three year work experience on its own. Even though it has not reached three years like I explained. Because of this calculation, I ended up gaining 25 extra points, received the ITA which shows that I have 465 points now. With the original score (440 points), I should not have been invited in the last round which took place on August 8th, in spite of the fact that the cut off score was 440. Because the last round invited only those profiles which were submitted before January, 2018 and mine was submitted in April, 2018.

Can you please suggest what I should do now?

1. Should I decline this invitation so that my profile remains active in the pool for the next one and half months and keep declining until the duration of my work experience becomes 3 years in September 21st for real?

2. Should I accept the invitation as the profile thinks I am eligible?

@Eucalyptus could you please help?
I have same problem. What should I do?
I am worried that if i decline and it will not come down. What I will do?
Should I accept it as I got ITA in 11 month 5 days?
Please please give me suggestions

mihirkumar patel

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
You need to have met the minimum requirements at the time of receiving the invitation. You can enter the pool now, but you shouldn't accept any ITA before the 13th of September.

There's only likely to be one draw that you need to decline, so it's not a big deal.
It is hard to decline invitation as we dont know what draw would be in future?
Do they really reject our profile as there are couple of my friends who did same thing but got pr card.

please give suggestions