+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Canadian work experience 11 months not full 12 months..plz help!!

expressPR

Feb 12, 2016
Hi,
My Canadian work experience by days comes to 338 days or 11 months 3 days. But I qualify to apply and I got 35 points for canadian experience as well as 38 points for skill tranferibility. As when we enter the express entry pool it asks for month and year of work years but not exact date. My question is if I accept ITA is cic very strict on counting days for a year experience or 11 months 3 days can be rounded off to 12 month?? Being short by 27 days is making a huge difference in my crs score, is there any way I can apply for PR? I can't find a job with the economic downturn so I cant make up for the deficient days...plz help ??? Thanks.

Nalanda

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Hi ExpressPR,

I am also in the same situation buddy.

I submitted my thesis in 31-Oct-2014 to the department. After thesis submission, graduate students automatically get deregistered for that term since course requirements are completed. I was waiting for my thesis defence date. I had my thesis defense on 20-Jan-2015. I submitted my thesis minor comments on 21-Feb-2015 and I received my "Statement of Degree Requirements Completed" on 23-Feb-2015 from the University. Then I applied for post graduate work permit on 24-Feb-2015. My study permit was valid till 31-March-2015 . But the date issue of PGWP is on 2-May-2015.

I started working part time for 20 hours from Nov-2014 onwards. Then in March-2015, I received a full time contract job.

My questions:
1) Will the above work experience from 01-Nov-2014 to 24-Feb-2015 count towards Canadian work experience for CEC or FSW?
2) Will the work experience from 25-Feb-2015 to 01-May-2015 count towards Canadian work experience for CEC or FSW?

a) Eligible to count the experience from the first day of the contract (1-Nov-2014), I was not a student at that time but on study permit.
b) Eligible to count the experience from the day I applied online for Post Graduate Work Permit (24-Feb-2015), completed my masters but on study permit till 31-Mar-2015.
c) Eligible to count the experience from the day I received the Post Graduate Work Permit (02-May-2015)

I need to know when I will complete my 1 year of Canadian experience. That will change based on the above dates.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
I have been in similar situation. Technically, you are eligible from the date you applied for your work permit. Do you have the university letter ( stating that you completed all the requirements on so and so date ) ? If yes you can claim the experience provided you meet the NOC requirement.

Remember, part-time for 4 months = 2months of full time experience. You can max claim 30hr/week.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
expressPR said:
Hi,
My Canadian work experience by days comes to 338 days or 11 months 3 days. But I qualify to apply and I got 35 points for canadian experience as well as 38 points for skill tranferibility. As when we enter the express entry pool it asks for month and year of work years but not exact date. My question is if I accept ITA is cic very strict on counting days for a year experience or 11 months 3 days can be rounded off to 12 month?? Being short by 27 days is making a huge difference in my crs score, is there any way I can apply for PR? I can't find a job with the economic downturn so I cant make up for the deficient days...plz help ??? Thanks.
Sorry you need to wait till you complete 12 months. Few people have been rejected for 1 day.

Anuj

Eucalyptus

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
expressPR said:
Hi,
You do not qualify for PR under CEC until you complete 12 months of work experience. CIC is VERY strict about it and your application WILL be rejected if you apply when you do not qualify.

Nalanda

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
luvanuj said:
I have been in similar situation. Technically, you are eligible from the date you applied for your work permit. Do you have the university letter ( stating that you completed all the requirements on so and so date ) ? If yes you can claim the experience provided you meet the NOC requirement.

Remember, part-time for 4 months = 2months of full time experience. You can max claim 30hr/week.
Dear Luvanuj,

Yeah, I have the letter from University stating that I completed all my masters requirements on 23-Feb-2015. So technically my work experience after studies counts only from 24-Feb-2015.

What do you think my other queries?

expressPR

Feb 12, 2016
Eucalyptus said:
You do not qualify for PR under CEC until you complete 12 months of work experience. CIC is VERY strict about it and your application WILL be rejected if you apply when you do not qualify.
Thanks Eucalyptus and luvanuj for your replies. So it seems I cant apply under CEC then, that really frustrating because I have 11 months n 3 days experience.. :( Without experience my crs comes to 404, I read somewhere that if your score is above 400 u can apply through Provincial Nominee Program. Any suggestions? Thanks

ivampjr

Aug 10, 2017
Kitchener
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Passport Req..
25-10-2017
Hi,
I am seeing myself in the same situation you described. I just received an ITA, but did not complete the 12 required months.
Were you able to get some extra information before coming to a decision on what to do? And, if you don't mind, can you share what have you done?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am seeing myself in the same situation you described. I just received an ITA, but did not complete the 12 required months.
Were you able to get some extra information before coming to a decision on what to do? And, if you don't mind, can you share what have you done?

Thank you
You need to decline the ITA, wait until you have a full year of experience, re-enter the pool and hope you receive another ITA.

Reactions: ivampjr

RG2005

Sep 6, 2017
Hi,
Hello, I have exactly the same no. of days of Canadian experience (338 days). If I enter the data correctly in EE profile, it seems from your case that the system will grant me points for Canadian Experience. So what should I do for this? Should I remove that experience altogether from the profile. I really don't think its a good idea just because of limitations of the system. What did you do in your case? Thanks

RG2005

Sep 6, 2017
Hello, I have exactly the same no. of days of Canadian experience (338 days). If I enter the data correctly in EE profile, it seems from your case that the system will grant me points for Canadian Experience. So what should I do for this? Should I remove that experience altogether from the profile. I really don't think its a good idea just because of limitations of the system. What did you do in your case? Thanks
My current CRS score shows 469 (which includes 35 points for Canadian experience and 13 additional pts for Skill Transfer ability) and I think I m going to receive an ITA in next draw. System has taken into account my 1 yr Canadian experience when it actually was 11 months 4 days. Without it, my score would be 421 (short of current cutoff). What should I do in this case when I receive an ITA? Please help guys.

Roop@brar

Oct 8, 2017
Hii all

I am also in same situation. My work experience is of continous 2 year and 10 months till 27 sept. I will complete 3 year on 12 nov 2017. While creating ee profile it was considered 3 year and i hv received ita with 490 points. With 2 year exp my score is 465. Now i am confused what should i do?

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hii all

I am also in same situation. My work experience is of continous 2 year and 10 months till 27 sept. I will complete 3 year on 12 nov 2017. While creating ee profile it was considered 3 year and i hv received ita with 490 points. With 2 year exp my score is 465. Now i am confused what should i do?
I doesn't matter. With 2 years you are still well above cut off points. They will not reject you.

Roop@brar

Oct 8, 2017
I doesn't matter. With 2 years you are still well above cut off points. They will not reject you.
ghank you. so now should i wait till november or submit my file?? One thing more, i want to ask that when we fill work details while entering ee pool, do we just mention number of year and months or the name of month like dec 2016 to nov 2017??

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ghank you. so now should i wait till november or submit my file?? One thing more, i want to ask that when we fill work details while entering ee pool, do we just mention number of year and months or the name of month like dec 2016 to nov 2017??
You can submit now. 465 is way above cut off point. If you still want something to make you feel safe, you can always write something in the letter of explanation or call CIC to make sure. I'm sure when you read your ITA carefully, you will notice that they said: they don't reject you if after they manually recalculate your score, you are still above the cut off for your round.

Last time when I submitted, The PR profile is the same as the express entry profile, mean month/year.