+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

Sprule

Jun 21, 2017
Refer this:

Post AOR :

Generally, your application will follow the below path after the submission.

BG: Not Applicable (NA1)

Medical passed – (MEP)

BG: In Progress (IP1) – R10 check is done here.

BG: Not Applicable (NA2) – Eligibility check is done here.

BG: In Progress (IP2) –

BG: Not Applicable (NA3) – Sometimes this doesn’t come

PPR: Passport Request

CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence

So it is in below order

AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP3 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR

AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application.

NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status.

MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 25-30 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally.

IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office).

NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks.

IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. On the same day, PPR request will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. These things will be done at CPC office.

NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible is many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2.

PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this.

ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage.

An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.

Some common abbreviations :

PCC - Police Clearance Certificate

FSW - Federal Skill Worker

EE - Express Entry

ITA- Invitation To Apply

MR - Medical Request

POF - Proof of Fund

CRS - Comprehensive Ranking System

NOC - National Occupation Clarification

AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt

PER- Positive Eligibility Review

Copr=confirmation of Permanent Residence

PEI - Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration

AOR Acknowledgement of receipt letter.

BDEC Background Decision

CC Credit Card

CHC Canadian High Commission – refers to the Canadian embassies, Visa offices, and Consulates.

CIC Citizenship and Immigration, Canada – the umbrella body which governs both CIO and local CHC offices

CIO Centralized Intake Office in Sydney Nova scotia – where you sent your application. Sometimes it is mentioned as CIU (Centralized Intake Unit).

DD Demand Draft (Bank Draft / Certified Cheque / Money Order)

ECA Educational Credential Assessment

ECAS Client Application Status, an official CIC service which allows to view the status of your application on-line

FD Fixed Deposit

SLU Second Level Update

FILE BF'D TO File Brought Forward date

FINDEC Financial Decision

FOSS is a central database of applications

GCMS Global Case Management System

IMMCAT Immigration Catergory

JD Job Description

M01-M07 level of Medical assessment. M01 means perfect

MEDDEC Medical Decision

MI - Ministerial Instructions

MR Medical Examination Request

NCR No Criminal Record

NOC National Occupation Classification

OREQ Other Requirement

PCC Police Clearance Certificate

PER Confirmation of Positive Eligibility Review from CIO

PI Principle immigrant

POF Proof of Funds

PPR Passport Request

PPS point at paper screening stage

PS Prescreen (another explanation is Paper selection)

PSDEC Paper Selection Decision

RPRF Right of Permanent Residence Fees

SEC CRIM Security criminal

SELDEC Selection Decision

SS This spreadsheet

SW1 Skill Worker 1

UCI Unique Client Identifier, an 8-digit identification number. People usually get it from CIC in a PER confirmation

VO Visa Office

RBVO Received by Visa Office

XREF cross referenced applicant

PR-permanent residency

DBajaj

Sep 17, 2017
It’s taking 45 days from AOR to PPR
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply :):) It was my eagerness that triggered this email. Just the joy of seeing that magical email/notification runs through my mind each day....LOL !!!

lkarunaratna

Jun 1, 2017
Hi All,

I received AOR on July 28, 2017. But the status is still 'we are processing your application' and 'we are checking whether you meet eligibility criteria'. Does anyone have an idea when i will be getting a decision ?

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Hello , Need one quick advice.
My PPR got approved today, I am currently in India and my Spouse stays in USA.
I got the PPR email today asking me to submit passports of me and my spouse to High Commission of Canada in New Delhi via VFS.

My spouse is planning to send his passport to India from USA via his friend who is travelling to India.
Once I receives his passport , I will send both of our passports to High Commission of Canada in New Delhi via VFS.

I was advised to mail New Delhi Canada Embassy to change my Spouse passport stamping office to USA , but I have read in this forum that people are not getting any replies to such emails and they are struct for days. Is there any successful case who had changed the VISA stamping office from New delhi to any other ?

That is the reason I am planning to take this approach. DO you see any risks if I do that?

disp.31089

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
I got the PPR email today asking me to submit passports of me and my spouse to High Commission of Canada in New Delhi via VFS.

My spouse is planning to send his passport to India from USA via his friend who is travelling to India.
Once I receives his passport , I will send both of our passports to High Commission of Canada in New Delhi via VFS.

I was advised to mail New Delhi Canada Embassy to change my Spouse passport stamping office to USA , but I have read in this forum that people are not getting any replies to such emails and they are struct for days. Is there any successful case who had changed the VISA stamping office from New delhi to any other ?

That is the reason I am planning to take this approach. DO you see any risks if I do that?
I changed my Visa office from Ottawa to NYC since I could easily travel to NYC and I didn't want to submit passports via mail. I emailed them about this and they responded within 3 days asking me to submit passports in NYC.
Although in your case, you both want to submit passports in different locations. Not sure how that will pan out. But I wanted to let you know that they did reply in my case.
All the best !

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
I changed my Visa office from Ottawa to NYC since I could easily travel to NYC and I didn't want to submit passports via mail. I emailed them about this and they responded within 3 days asking me to submit passports in NYC.
Although in your case, you both want to submit passports in different locations. Not sure how that will pan out. But I wanted to let you know that they did reply in my case.
All the best !
Thanks , Can you help me with the email address to whom I should request for change in VO?

jayessess

Star Member
May 16, 2017
I need some suggestion for my already submitted eAPR. I am a bit worried now as answer to one question in my eAPR doesnt match my EE profile. I realised it after submission of eAPR.

In my Express Entry profile I answered yes to questions, Has XXXX applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?” and “Has XXXX applied for Express Entry before?”. I also entered my old EE profile number (which was rendered not eligible prevoiusly but I received a UCI). I thought I am being asked about any previous express entry profiles I created.

However, in my eAPR application, I answered “no” to the “Has XXXX applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?” Here I thought; I am being asked about any previous permanent residency applications or any other visa applications made to IRCC.

I never applied to IRCC for any visa or permanent residency previously.

did I answer the question correctly or should I send a CSE. I am just worried about changing the information in eAPR.

Thanks a lot.

Ujval

Jun 15, 2017

Congratulations! Is it allowed to transit passport from USA to india through any other guy for Visa stamping purpose? I am little confused here.

disp.31089

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Picking up passport tomorrow. :)

Passport Request - Oct 20th
Asked for change of Visa Office from Ottawa to NY
New Passport Request - Oct 26th
Passport Submitted at VAC by hand - Nov 2nd (received tracking number immediately with the submission receipt)
Nov 3rd - Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration
Nov 10th - MyCIC account updated with approval.
Nov 14th - Completed Application Package Returned to the VAC - Ready for Applicant's Pick up

India306

Nov 18, 2017
Hi,

I am from India, my EE status is as below:

AOR: 23 Sep 2017
Medical Passed on 21 Oct 2017
BGC: Not applicable

But I don't understand the status after receiving below message on 17th Nov 2017..

I received a message in my EE account, subject was "How to find a job in Canada" a PDF file which states "Congratulations!, you are now candidate for immigration to Canada......." and remaining text is about how to search job in Canada.

What does it mean??

At what stage my application is?

Please advice.

Thanks