+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Hi Fkl and other frnds,

I have submitted by documents and received AOR on jan 21st /2017.and I have applied to through Canadian experience Class and I showed 7000 funds.
I have changed job now.How do I update my information to Cic.I have Submitted my new job letter through IRCC web form.
Is that correct or anything else because I am sure that we cannot update the information on CIC profile once the documents are submitted .
Please let me know.

Thank you frnds.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
lakshmikoppala said:
Hi Fkl and other frnds,

I have submitted by documents and received AOR on jan 21st /2017.and I have applied to through Canadian experience Class and I showed 7000 funds.
I have changed job now.How do I update my information to Cic.I have Submitted my new job letter through IRCC web form.
Is that correct or anything else because I am sure that we cannot update the information on CIC profile once the documents are submitted .
Please let me know.

Thank you frnds.
You can submit any information update via Case specific inquiry (i believe that is what you meant by IRCC web form). So that is good enough.

Although you do not require Proof of funds for CEC (0 CAD is fine), nor are you required to provide any CURRENT employer info.

You can very well be unemployed while applying for PR if you previously met and provided proof of CEC requirements.

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
fkl said:
You can submit any information update via Case specific inquiry (i believe that is what you meant by IRCC web form). So that is good enough.

Although you do not require Proof of funds for CEC (0 CAD is fine), nor are you required to provide any CURRENT employer info.

You can very well be unemployed while applying for PR if you previously met and provided proof of CEC requirements.
Thanks fkl for the response.I have showed funds of 4000$ only when I started my Ontario pnp process and later when I got married and added my spouse to my application I showed some extra funds from my husband and during that time my husband was in India .

Now my husband he with me in Canada and Once I received ITA I showed together for both of us 7000$ only
Since I wrote letter of explanation that I am working full time the rest of the funds are covered by full time job .

I am concerned about funds because since I changed my job that would effect my proof funds .
Please advise

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
lakshmikoppala said:
Thanks fkl for the response.I have showed funds of 4000$ only when I started my Ontario pnp process and later when I got married and added my spouse to my application I showed some extra funds from my husband and during that time my husband was in India .

Now my husband he with me in Canada and Once I received ITA I showed together for both of us 7000$ only
Since I wrote letter of explanation that I am working full time the rest of the funds are covered by full time job .

I am concerned about funds because since I changed my job that would effect my proof funds .
Please advise
Now that's quite confusing information. You mentioned applying via CEC earlier in your last post. If that's the case, you do not require ANY proof of funds at all for your PR application, period.

Even if you are applying for Ontario PNP, it does not require funds (unless you are applying based upon having an Ontario masters without a job offer).

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fund-requirement-for-ontario-pnp-t275584.0.html

So i am not clear which one is your situation.

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
fkl said:
Now that's quite confusing information. You mentioned applying via CEC earlier in your last post. If that's the case, you do not require ANY proof of funds at all for your PR application, period.

Even if you are applying for Ontario PNP, it does not require funds (unless you are applying based upon having an Ontario masters without a job offer).

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fund-requirement-for-ontario-pnp-t275584.0.html

So i am not clear which one is your situation.
I am sorry for confusing things .I have applied through Ontario pnp with my Canadian job experience of 2 years only .I didn't show the required proof of funds of $15,345 for the 2 ppl since I am working.Since I changed my job and when they do my job verification and not working on the company I started the application . they see that I am working or not right other wise they might question me regarding the valid proof of funds required during the pr process.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
lakshmikoppala said:
I am sorry for confusing things .I have applied through Ontario pnp with my Canadian job experience of 2 years only .I didn't show the required proof of funds of $15,345 for the 2 ppl since I am working.Since I changed my job and when they do my job verification and not working on the company I started the application . they see that I am working or not right other wise they might question me regarding the valid proof of funds required during the pr process.
No worries. CEC does not have a requirement for proof of funds. Nor that you are currently working. You just need to provide evidence of one year of full time work experience in NOC 0,A or B in the last 3 years.

I am not very clear about rules of Ontario PNP. It is possible that you might be required to keep them updated of your current job. Unfortunately i am qualified to confirm that.

Skumar76

Jul 15, 2016
Hi Friends,

Today I have submitted my PR application, paid the fees,immediately received message 'Confirmation of Online Application Transmission' but not received AOR (my friends received AOR message immediately) and also the application status says Invitation received it seems wrong.

I am bit worried, can you please reply if anyone came across the same situation and what is the next step?

Thanks,
Kumar

polojesef said:
All of us who received ITA lets connect here and keep each other posted on when we receive an AOR.

LCC1111

Jun 14, 2016
Hello Seniors,

Please help!

For the question "have XXXX applied for immigration refugee and citizenship Canada before" I answered NO but I should answer YES because I have applied for my work permit and study permit and have the UCI.

However, I uploaded all my work permit and study permit along with my passport pages in passport section. And after realized this mistake, I also sent a Case Specific Enquiry Form to IRCC and clarified my situation.

Will this result in rejection of my application?

Thanking you in advance.

SinghRaj

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-mar-2017
AOR Received.
07-Apr-2017
Hello all,

I have question regarding travel history post ITA.
First:
CIC is asking about my past 10 year travel history form my country of origin(INDIA) or country of Residence.
As i came on student visa in Canada in 2013, should i mention this as a trip to Canada from India and say it is still ongoing and purpose will be study.

Second about intended work
Has ABC been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year.
As there are no punctuation mark in statement i interpret this question in two ways.
1) did I work for atleat one year with the employer mentioned on my current WP. (Ans will be NO as I have Open Work permit) ( Has ABC been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit, for at least one year)
2) did I work for at least one year with the employer since I got my work permit. ( Ans will be yes as I did not change my job from beginning) (Has ABC been working full-time for the employer, on their current work permit for at least one year)

Option 2) make no sense for me as they did not state employer as current employer or any employer in case someone changed their job multiple time in past.

Thanks
Rajinder Singh

CCN2017

Feb 8, 2017
Shivangi89 said:
Thanks. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for that shorter time bonus. I am in New Delhi so I hope there's a new notification from CIC in my inbox soon.
Hi Guys,

I had submitted my application on 12th Mar 17. Any idea by when I can receive the confirmation on PR? I understand the standard timelines have been written as 6 months, but on practical terms, when is the confirmation usually sent out?

Cheers

pchadha74

Apr 21, 2017
Hello to all of you,

I made through the Express Entry and have got the Invitation to Apply for PR. However, I have a doubt reg submission of documents. Please let me know your views on this:

1. I have been asked to submit a marriage certificate which I do not have, though I am married for 15 years. The process to get this takes a month or more.
2. My IELTS scores remain valid till 30 May 17, hence I need to submit all my documents before that.

3. Now in view of the above, can I submit all other documents except the marriage certificate before 30 May, so that I remain eligible for PR. Do they give another chance to submit a few remaining docs or do they simply reject your application?
I was thinking more on terms that I can, in the meanwhile, produce a proof that I have applied for the certificate and would produce it as and when I am issued one.

Thanks

saskwaiting

Apr 24, 2017
Shivangi89 said:
Hi All,

Getting a little anxious (and impatient).

CRS: 474
ITA Received: 10th August, 2016
Application transmitted: 23rd November, 2016
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Passed (23rd December 2016)
Review of submitted documents: No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
A background check is needed: Not needed at this time
Final decision: Not Started

By when can I expect to hear back?
Hi Shivangi89
Have you received PR or not yet?

Erwaitin

Mar 24, 2017
Hello everyone, quick question. I just applied for the permanent residency (I got invited to apply via the FSW program of the EE). If everything goes smooth, how long do you think it will take for me to get the Permanent Residency card? I want to coordinate with my current employer.

I am confused because the CIC says that for EE they try to process everything under 6 months, but at the same time in the processing times webpage it says 45 days. Does anyone know how it actually is? Thank you!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Erwaitin said:
Hello everyone, quick question. I just applied for the permanent residency (I got invited to apply via the FSW program of the EE). If everything goes smooth, how long do you think it will take for me to get the Permanent Residency card? I want to coordinate with my current employer.

I am confused because the CIC says that for EE they try to process everything under 6 months, but at the same time in the processing times webpage it says 45 days. Does anyone know how it actually is? Thank you!
The 45 day processing time is only for getting PR card for those who are already PRs.

So you have applied for PR just now. On average it should take 6 months to get PR APPROVED and LAND (defined as entering Canada and do some documentation at the border / airport before being legally called a PR). The 45 days would be in addition to that until you receive the actual card.

Note that you would still be a permanent resident during those 45 days and most places within the country would accept recording of PR landing (given to you when you become PR) as an alternate. But you cannot exit and reenter Canada without PR card.