4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
amadabu said:
I uploaded the Canadian pcc and the old one with which I entered the Canada with. Have u read the link though it is from jan 5th and it states that EE will request after a pr application.
The link you posted is specifically for Ethipoian PCC. I did checked that but I am not sure whether you're talking about submitting an Ethiopian PCC. Can you confirm.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaffa83 said:
The link you posted is specifically for Ethipoian PCC. I did checked that but I am not sure whether you're talking about submitting an Ethiopian PCC. Can you confirm.
Yes, she mentioned somewhere that she's Ethiopian, I've only just seen the link myself. If this is the case then I believe CIC made an error in refusing the application hence I would advise that she send a CSE explaining the procedure for obtaining an Ethiopian PCC and asking them to send a letter so she can obtain a valid PCC as the one submitted is no longer valid.

niagary

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
jaffa83 said:
Yes

In Process > App Recieved > In Process > Decision Made > Complete

The first In Process is auto generated status when APR is submitted but not yet promoted to GCMS.
Once promited it starts from App Received.

This is so far my observation from the trends in EE.
Mine was never in process. It was always received from the start after submission. No changes till now. Only one line in ECAS. What does that mean?

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
Anya654 said:
Yes, she mentioned somewhere that she's Ethiopian, I've only just seen the link myself. If this is the case then I believe CIC made an error in refusing the application hence I would advise that she send a CSE explaining the procedure for obtaining an Ethiopian PCC and asking them to send a letter so she can obtain a valid PCC as the one submitted is no longer valid.
Yes, agreed!! If she can send the link also in the Case Specific Enquiry along with the explanation letter would for sure makes her chances of reopening is very very high.

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
niagary said:
Mine was never in process. It was always received from the start after submission. No changes till now. Only one line in ECAS. What does that mean?
You're one of the seniors who got the PR even before the VOs know how to process EE applications (juzz kidding..). This is the pattern I have seen so far from past 3 months. Not every might be having the same pattern but this is the pattern I have seen so far.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
amadabu said:
I uploaded the Canadian pcc and the old one with which I entered the Canada with. Have u read the link though it is from jan 5th and it states that EE will request after a pr application.
In any case, the PCC cannot be older than 6 months from now + whatever new rules CIC has changed. What you should've done in the first place is to submit an explanation letter in lieu of an actual PCC. This is clearly listed under the "?" when you upload the document for PCC section. In the explanation letter you should mention that you cannot provide a PCC right now because:
1. The link says I don't have to right now
2. My country will forward the PCC directly to CIC
3. My country requires that CIC provide me with a request letter
and many other reasons why you cannot provide a PCC at this moment.

My explanation letter includes screenshots and and it came to a total of 5 pages I think. When it comes to immigration, you have to cover all grounds and don't assume the decision making officers know every single rule of every country's PCC procedures and such.

I'd submit a case specific inquiry as well as getting your MP to help you out with objecting the decision and request a second review with additional documents. Meanwhile, create another profile to get invited for the next round and be ready to explain why the first app was declined.

MarCro

Feb 2, 2015
I got an update today as well:

NOC 7271, Carpenter on LMO and valid WP currently working in Canada

Jan 28 : EE profile submitted
Feb 07: ITA for FSW
Feb 20 : ITA canceled due to error
Feb 20: ITA for CEC
Mar 21: Application submitted, received AOR
----------------------------------------------------------------------
CEC application status - OPEN
Review of eligibility - IN PROGRESS
Review of medical results - PASSED (March 28)
Review of submitted documents - WE NEED ADITIONAL DOCUMENTS (SCHEDULE A) (May 20)
Aditional documents - PROVIDED (May 20)
Scheduling an interview - NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
A background check is needed - IN PROGRESS (March 28)
Final decision - NOT STARTED

Got access to ECAS on March 28, right after they updated my medical and background status

ECAS

1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 28, 2015.

2. We started processing your application on January 28, 2015.

3. Medical results have been received.

==============================================================================================

Does anyone know was somebody refused after aditional document is requested and provided or I should expect PPR any day now?

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
MarCro said:

Review of submitted documents - WE NEED ADITIONAL DOCUMENTS (SCHEDULE A) (May 20)

Got access to ECAS on March 28, right after they updated my medical and background status

ECAS

==============================================================================================

Does anyone knows was somebody refused after aditional document is requested and provided or I should expect PPR any day now?
From the trend that I notice after additional documents are submitted they will take sometime to review it then will set your Background Check to Passed before making a decision to issue PPR.

Good Luck.

MarCro

Feb 2, 2015
Yeah, I guess I have good chances as if they wouldn't like my application they would refuse right away, rather than ask for additional documents.
Thanks!

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
MarCro said:

ECAS

Does anyone know was somebody refused after aditional document is requested and provided or I should expect PPR any day now?
Looking at the trends you might get a PPR in a week or 2. BTW, what is your current ECAS status?

Britanno-Columbien

Apr 8, 2015
krishna19 said:
There is a movement after ECAS status changed to In process.. I think its really good sign
At the very least, it means that the file is now in Ottawa, and no longer in Sydney, NS (that's the visa office that was mentioned in the document request letter) -- in other words, I believe it most likely means we passed the initial eligibility and completeness checks (even if we won't know for sure until the Decision Made stage).

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarCro said:

ECAS

Yes it will take 1 week or bit more ...

ECAS overall status?

fonteynb

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
ngelsa said:
In any case, the PCC cannot be older than 6 months from now + whatever new rules CIC has changed. What you should've done in the first place is to submit an explanation letter in lieu of an actual PCC. This is clearly listed under the "?" when you upload the document for PCC section. In the explanation letter you should mention that you cannot provide a PCC right now because:
1. The link says I don't have to right now
2. My country will forward the PCC directly to CIC
3. My country requires that CIC provide me with a request letter
and many other reasons why you cannot provide a PCC at this moment.

My explanation letter includes screenshots and and it came to a total of 5 pages I think. When it comes to immigration, you have to cover all grounds and don't assume the decision making officers know every single rule of every country's PCC procedures and such.

I'd submit a case specific inquiry as well as getting your MP to help you out with objecting the decision and request a second review with additional documents. Meanwhile, create another profile to get invited for the next round and be ready to explain why the first app was declined.
For my wife it is a similar situation. She needs a PCC from Thailand. We requested it before the PCC rules were changed, but we didn't get it before submitting the application. On the CIC website it is indicated for Thailand:
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?
No. CIC will contact you after you apply for Permanent Residence. CIC will give you specific instructions and the information you need to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.
NOTE: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

So we uploaded the PCC from another country which was also needed and a explanation letter to indicate we requested it before the change, but that we didn't get it in time. I also indicated that we will wait for the CIC request to submit it when we receive it.
I hope this is sufficient. In the mean time we got the Thai PCC. Now I'm hoping to get the request to submit it.

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
fonteynb said:
For my wife it is a similar situation. She needs a PCC from Thailand. We requested it before the PCC rules were changed, but we didn't get it before submitting the application. On the CIC website it is indicated for Thailand:
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?
No. CIC will contact you after you apply for Permanent Residence. CIC will give you specific instructions and the information you need to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.
NOTE: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

So we uploaded the PCC from another country which was also needed and a explanation letter to indicate we requested it before the change, but that we didn't get it in time. I also indicated that we will wait for the CIC request to submit it when we receive it.
I hope this is sufficient. In the mean time we got the Thai PCC. Now I'm hoping to get the request to submit it.
Why don't you send a case spec enq saying that you have the PCC ready for submission and waiting for the CIC to send a PCC request? This might speed up your process...may be!! Try it!! Good luck