+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

narby

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
krishna19 said:
Hi Submitted my PR application on March 7th ...

and my ECAS --- Application Received with 3 lines
and MY CIC -- Medicals passed and BG in process

I applied open work permit on March 9th i.e Monday ... till now nothing happened ...

do you want me to send a case specific inquiry as Im bit worried since my current work permit valid till 23rd May 2015.. Any suggestions would be much appreciated...
As I told you before, you will get BOWP and ppr almost same time.
Also BOWP takes 67days. You have not reached 67day yet.

pnpdirect

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ngelsa said:
I submitted my Open Work Permit application online on March 1 and received approval on April 29. Despite the processing timeline stated on the CIC website it seems to me that application processing time is based on individual cases because on April 29 CIC stated on its website that they are currently working on application received on Feb 13 and it takes them 63 days to process an application. I am not sure how my application got expressed, but I wouldn't mind it because my permit expired on April 30.

For your case, I'd suggest waiting until the last minute then submit a paper application, so if your PR came through you can request a refund and withdraw that paper application.

Good Luck.
+1 for your help. Sound suggestion. But, can one not withdraw online application and get refund?

patreya

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
1. How long does it take for the medical examination? I was only able to get a medical appointment three days (including weekend) before the document upload deadline? I am not sure if I can make it? I was moving country, so I was not able to take an appointment sooner.

I read somewhere that if you have valid reasons you can ask for extension? Has anyone requested extension for time to upload documents?

Prakash

Feb 5, 2015
Ozzymechanic said:
Starting week 13/26 since AOR, still no change : hi Ozzymechanic, mine is also same probably we r in same profession too got the journey man ticket in 2013. App submitted on 19feb, in march end was requested for additional docs which rep form, submitted same day. And for a complete month nothing changed but on last friday got medical pass.

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
patreya said:
1. How long does it take for the medical examination? I was only able to get a medical appointment three days (including weekend) before the document upload deadline? I am not sure if I can make it? I was moving country, so I was not able to take an appointment sooner.

I read somewhere that if you have valid reasons you can ask for extension? Has anyone requested extension for time to upload documents?

Prakash
You don't get your medical report on the spot. The Clinic will give you a letter which acts as a proof of Medical done. You have to attach that proof to your application. The reports will automatically be updated and sent to CIC in Ottawa.

Feb 5, 2015
skouja said:
I received ITA on the first draw with 985.

CIC received my EE application the 19 february, the only "update" I had was that I was invited under the FSW program due to a system error and that my application will be proceceed under the CEC program.
No updates since then, review in progress since 3months, no update for medical, and I can't check my application with ECAS..

I am getting very worried. What if there is no change after 6 months.
dont worry mine is same application submitted 19feb since then no change till last friday i got medical pass status update in my ecas.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
pnpdirect said:
+1 for your help. Sound suggestion. But, can one not withdraw online application and get refund?
Yes, you can withdraw online application, but if your online application happened to get expressed like mine then you won't be able to receive a refund. On the other hand, paper applications buys you more time.

rasber

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
ngelsa said:
HI All,

There are 2 pieces of information that I would like to share:
1. A response from CIC regarding my Case Specific Inquiry
2. An Update on my application

First, it is a response from CIC regarding a Case Specific Inquiry that I submitted on April 3, 2015. I was inquiring why some applications are moving ahead of others even the slower ones are of more points and higher NOC. The response I received is quoted as follow:

"Thank you for your enquiry into your case. We are committed to processing 80% of complete applications within six months. Your application is going through the required assessment process. You included several pieces of information with your application that allows us to go through greater scrutiny and assessment. Be assured that we dedicate all our efforts to processing the applications as quickly as possible."

Hopefully that will help sheds light on some of the slower applications.

Second, I have received an update in MyCIC account today requesting 2 pieces of additional documents:
- Police Certificate from HK
- Updated Schedule A with Signature regarding a specific period

Also, my medical exam is set to passed.

Hopefully those of you who haven't receive any updates and are from the first batch of invitation will receive updates soon. Chances are, you have included extra information that allows CIC to go through "deeper" search of your background before anything can be updated.

Good Luck.
Hey ngelsa,
I wonder why there are asking you to submit
Did you forgot this initially??

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
What all documents do we need to upload for proving masters degree? Only transcript or degree certificate is also required? I finished my masters in last December and have transcript with me. But the actual convocation is in this June, and I will get degree certificate only then.

Thanks

delorean

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
I haven't updated all pages of my passport for EE. Is that correct?
My understanding is that the page which has photo and any page with visa stamps not all pages are required.

If not, my application would be canceled. Damn....

I couldn't find the web page that is explained about it.

thanks.

bhallasorav

Sep 27, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/04/2014
Doc's Request.
FILE number 29/07/2014
Nomination.....
Still waiting
AOR Received.
7/05/2014
hey friends... has anyone seen this kind of updated specially people who were invited under FST... i am following up on my friends file ...his medicals have been passed but the ECAS shows...
We received your application for Null on so so date.
2. Medicals have been received..

anyone from FST who has received any additional document request..

thanks
a prompt reply would be appreciated..
Cheers and best of luck everyone

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
delorean said:
I haven't updated all pages of my passport for EE. Is that correct?
My understanding is that the page which has photo and any page with visa stamps not all pages are required.

If not, my application would be canceled. Damn....

I couldn't find the web page that is explained about it.

thanks.
That should be fine.
I uploaded my passport front and back page, visa stampings & PCC marking on passport.

faizal3788

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bhallasorav said:
hey friends... has anyone seen this kind of updated specially people who were invited under FST... i am following up on my friends file ...his medicals have been passed but the ECAS shows...
We received your application for Null on so so date.
2. Medicals have been received..

anyone from FST who has received any additional document request..

thanks
a prompt reply would be appreciated..
Cheers and best of luck everyone
Hello ,
I am under FST as well. As per my understanding he should have submitted his express entry profile on Sunday. I have the same status on Ecas and submitted my EE profile on sunday.

delorean

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Intocanada said:
That should be fine.
I uploaded my passport front and back page, visa stampings & PCC marking on passport.
OH, OK, I am relieved.

chouchou959

Apr 8, 2015
Hi ngelsa,

We are in the same boat!

I’ve got a request for hk police check as well. Since i am in hk now i paid a visit to hkpf yesterday. All i got is a receipt showing a cncc ref number.

not until i started to upload the receipt did i realize that cic would need you to input the issue date, expiry date too.

I have double checked that hk police would not issue the cert to individuals, nor would i know when it would be sent to the visa office. They only promised to issue it within four weeks.

So the issue date and expiry date remains a mystery to me (applicant), but vo would have all necessary info when they receive the letter.

I m wondering how you are going to deal with this loophole in the system. :-X as obviously we cannot proceed without input the two dates.

any thoughts would be greatly helpful.

ngelsa said:
HI All,

There are 2 pieces of information that I would like to share:
1. A response from CIC regarding my Case Specific Inquiry
2. An Update on my application

First, it is a response from CIC regarding a Case Specific Inquiry that I submitted on April 3, 2015. I was inquiring why some applications are moving ahead of others even the slower ones are of more points and higher NOC. The response I received is quoted as follow:

"Thank you for your enquiry into your case. We are committed to processing 80% of complete applications within six months. Your application is going through the required assessment process. You included several pieces of information with your application that allows us to go through greater scrutiny and assessment. Be assured that we dedicate all our efforts to processing the applications as quickly as possible."

Hopefully that will help sheds light on some of the slower applications.

Second, I have received an update in MyCIC account today requesting 2 pieces of additional documents:
- Updated Schedule A with Signature regarding a specific period

Also, my medical exam is set to passed.

Hopefully those of you who haven't receive any updates and are from the first batch of invitation will receive updates soon. Chances are, you have included extra information that allows CIC to go through "deeper" search of your background before anything can be updated.

Good Luck.