Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
HI All,

There are 2 pieces of information that I would like to share:
1. A response from CIC regarding my Case Specific Inquiry
2. An Update on my application

First, it is a response from CIC regarding a Case Specific Inquiry that I submitted on April 3, 2015. I was inquiring why some applications are moving ahead of others even the slower ones are of more points and higher NOC. The response I received is quoted as follow:

"Thank you for your enquiry into your case. We are committed to processing 80% of complete applications within six months. Your application is going through the required assessment process. You included several pieces of information with your application that allows us to go through greater scrutiny and assessment. Be assured that we dedicate all our efforts to processing the applications as quickly as possible."

Hopefully that will help sheds light on some of the slower applications.

Second, I have received an update in MyCIC account today requesting 2 pieces of additional documents:
- Police Certificate from HK
- Updated Schedule A with Signature regarding a specific period

Also, my medical exam is set to passed.

Hopefully those of you who haven't receive any updates and are from the first batch of invitation will receive updates soon. Chances are, you have included extra information that allows CIC to go through "deeper" search of your background before anything can be updated.

Good Luck.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
pnpdirect said:
Hey All, please I need your input on this.

I am seriously considering not applying for bridging work permit as I have heard people are getting them the same time as PR. I have spent so much on this PR thing and this will cost yet another $255. Or would this be considered penny-wise and pound foolish?

My work permit is due to expire in August, but I am hoping to have my PR by then, but again one can't really predict these things. Being on IEC WP also mean I am not be able to go on implied status and continue to work after WP expiration.

I need your input if you have applied for bridging work permit and received one, or any member with experience. Was it approved at the same time as your PR?

Thanks
PNPdirect
I submitted my Open Work Permit application online on March 1 and received approval on April 29. Despite the processing timeline stated on the CIC website it seems to me that application processing time is based on individual cases because on April 29 CIC stated on its website that they are currently working on application received on Feb 13 and it takes them 63 days to process an application. I am not sure how my application got expressed, but I wouldn't mind it because my permit expired on April 30.

For your case, I'd suggest waiting until the last minute then submit a paper application, so if your PR came through you can request a refund and withdraw that paper application.

Good Luck.

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
What was the Schedule A for?

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ngelsa said:
I submitted my Open Work Permit application online on March 1 and received approval on April 29. Despite the processing timeline stated on the CIC website it seems to me that application processing time is based on individual cases because on April 29 CIC stated on its website that they are currently working on application received on Feb 13 and it takes them 63 days to process an application. I am not sure how my application got expressed, but I wouldn't mind it because my permit expired on April 30.

For your case, I'd suggest waiting until the last minute then submit a paper application, so if your PR came through you can request a refund and withdraw that paper application.

Good Luck.
Hi Submitted my PR application on March 7th ...

and my ECAS --- Application Received with 3 lines
and MY CIC -- Medicals passed and BG in process

I applied open work permit on March 9th i.e Monday ... till now nothing happened ...

do you want me to send a case specific inquiry as Im bit worried since my current work permit valid till 23rd May 2015.. Any suggestions would be much appreciated...

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
My CIC account got updated today.

My CIC Status

31 JAN received ITA
02 MAR application submitted
02 MAR AOR
02 MAR eligibility review in progress

CHANGES
08 MAR A Background check - Not needed at this time --> Not Started
24 MAR A Background check - Not Started --> In Progress
24 MAR Review of Medical results - Not needed at this time --> Passed
21 APR Review of submitted documents - No additional documents are required at this time --> We need an additional document from the applicant
04 MAY Application/Profile Status - Open --> Closed
04 MAY Review of eligibility - Review in Progress --> Passed
04 May Scheduling of interview - Not needed at this time --> (Blank)
04 May A background check is needed - In progress --> Complete
04 May A final decision has been reached - Not started --> The application has been approved

Review of submitted documents still remains - "We need an additional document from the applicant" and it requests for "Kit (application Forms)" in upload document page.
I called CIC help line on 22 of April and they told me to ignore. To be on safer side, I raised "Case Specific Enquiry" on April 23rd. Waiting for the reply on this.

ECAS update

We received your application for permanent residence on January 6, 2015. - March 12th

We started processing your application on April 21, 2015. - April 24th

Medical results have been received. - March 27th

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. - April 24th

PPR Status

Passport requested - April 21st
Passport Sent - April 22nd
Passport reached CIC Ottawa - April 24th

PATH - FSW
NOC - 2174
SCORE - 973

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Congratulation Buddy!

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Conor9900 said:
Excuse my ignorance but what is ECAS and where can I view this on my submitted application?
Try this
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en&_ga=1.52362784.869838375.1427411408

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
mazamilam said:
What was the Schedule A for?
Schedule A is a form for applicants to declare their past personal history. It is one of the required forms in the paper system.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
krishna19 said:
Hi Submitted my PR application on March 7th ...

and my ECAS --- Application Received with 3 lines
and MY CIC -- Medicals passed and BG in process

I applied open work permit on March 9th i.e Monday ... till now nothing happened ...

do you want me to send a case specific inquiry as Im bit worried since my current work permit valid till 23rd May 2015.. Any suggestions would be much appreciated...
I wouldn't worry too much. I think my work permit application was expressed because my old one expired in April 30. And you should get yours before or closer to the end of May according to the processing timeline on the website, so don't stress it.

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ngelsa said:
I wouldn't worry too much. I think my work permit application was expressed because my old one expired in April 30. And you should get yours before or closer to the end of May according to the processing timeline on the website, so don't stress it.

Thanks for your response...

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intocanada said:
My CIC account got updated today.

My CIC Status

31 JAN received ITA
02 MAR application submitted
02 MAR AOR
02 MAR eligibility review in progress

CHANGES
08 MAR A Background check - Not needed at this time --> Not Started
24 MAR A Background check - Not Started --> In Progress
24 MAR Review of Medical results - Not needed at this time --> Passed
21 APR Review of submitted documents - No additional documents are required at this time --> We need an additional document from the applicant
04 MAY Application/Profile Status - Open --> Closed
04 MAY Review of eligibility - Review in Progress --> Passed
04 May Scheduling of interview - Not needed at this time --> (Blank)
04 May A background check is needed - In progress --> Complete
04 May A final decision has been reached - Not started --> The application has been approved

Review of submitted documents still remains - "We need an additional document from the applicant" and it requests for "Kit (application Forms)" in upload document page.
I called CIC help line on 22 of April and they told me to ignore. To be on safer side, I raised "Case Specific Enquiry" on April 23rd. Waiting for the reply on this.

ECAS update

We received your application for permanent residence on January 6, 2015. - March 12th

We started processing your application on April 21, 2015. - April 24th

Medical results have been received. - March 27th

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. - April 24th

PPR Status

Passport requested - April 21st
Passport Sent - April 22nd
Passport reached CIC Ottawa - April 24th

PATH - FSW
NOC - 2174
SCORE - 973
Hey man, congrats. Thats so cool. yours tyook barely 7 to 8 weeks. Thats not too bad.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Shashank_3110 said:
Repost

Help Needed!!

• Do I need to produce a letter from all banks that I hold an account in or just the ones whose funds I want to show?

• We do not need to provide bank statements for 6 months, right? All we need is a letter on the letterhead from each bank saying that these are my bank accounts, these are the dates since the accounts have been active and these are average 6-monthly balances in those accounts, right?

• How do I show the money in my wife's accounts for Proof of Funds? There is a button to upload a doc for POF under the primary applicant's section, but not under the spouse's. Should I just append the letter from her bank with my POF docs?

• A query regarding Employment records is that I joined work in City A and after 2 years got transferred to City B for 1 year. Now in my work history, I've just entered 1 row for my 3-year tenure with the company, & given the Place as City B (because the tenure ended there). In my address history though, I've mentioned 2 years in City A & 1 year in City B. Is it the correct thing to do? City A is mentioned in my Offer Letter (which I may choose to not upload) & the pay stubs of the first 2 years. City B is only mentioned in my last year's pay stubs. Relieving letter doesn't mention any city. LOR shouldn't be a problem. Should I delete one of the locations from my address history to avoid confusion? What have you guys written as your place of work in case of a transfer under the same job & same NOC?
You must provide statements for 6 months as well as the other details you noted.

Use pdfmerge.com to combine the documents into one.

If you were with the same company in both locations and doing the same work, I don't think you will have a problem. Are both cities in the same country/state/province?

Don't delete any information about where you lived; be as detailed as possible. Any omission of information could be thought of as an attempt to misrepresent.