Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
Hello Ladies & Gents,

I submitted my application on May 25 and received almost instantly my first AOR.

On 17 July I received my second AOR. I live outside of Canada and can't use it for the Bridging work permit.

Has anyone noticed any other significance for this AOR?

It says that my application was found to be complete. Does that just mean that they just noticed if I have uploaded documents correctly without doing a quality check of the documents? Or have the documents been assessed to see if they are as per cic requirements?
I remember reading somewhere that it just means your application is considered complete and will now be sent for processing. CIC still have to check each document to see if the information is correct.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
The vast majority of forum members have got their PPRs from March till date without getting a 2nd AOR. But the 2nd AOR is conclusive proof of program eligibility else there is no way it can be used for BOWP.

So count yourself lucky that you've got it and enjoy the rest of the process. If your background and criminal history check out, you will get your PPR.

All the best!
Thank you Asivad!

The way the letter is written seems to only mean that I have uploaded documents correctly.

I will copy/paste an extract and I would like to know your thoughts on it:

CIC has reviewed your application and determined that it meets the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

CIC will now begin processing your application. We will review your application to determine if you met the minimum criteria for Express Entry, possessed the qualifications that resulted in your being invited to apply for permanent residence, and meet the program requirements for Federal Skilled Worker Program. In addition, we will determine if you are admissible to Canada

Does that mean they have looked and studied the documents I have submitted or have they just done a quick check to see that all documents were submitted?

abiisharma

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abinash1998 said:
Actually do ur best now as soon as possible to update it bcz that one is serious problem which i had experienced as well and if u will get rejected u need to make again express entry file then wait for ita and till that time police reports and others certificates could expire so plz be careful good luck..
Hi Abinash1998, what can be done in this case?

Even , I have same concern. I am working in UAE from last three years with the same company. My contract letter says that " I am hired on temporary basis on one year contract, which is extendable on mutual agreement" . And now it has been three years, the contract is extending and I am with the same company.

However, my roles and responsibility letter which I took recently from company mentions that I am a full time employee. I have employment/residence visa sponsorship to UAE from the same company. It's just my contract letter says "temporary" word. I have all the salary slips to claim my tenure.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
Thank you Asivad!

The way the letter is written seems to only mean that I have uploaded documents correctly.

I will copy/paste an extract and I would like to know your thoughts on it:

CIC has reviewed your application and determined that it meets the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

CIC will now begin processing your application. We will review your application to determine if you met the minimum criteria for Express Entry, possessed the qualifications that resulted in your being invited to apply for permanent residence, and meet the program requirements for Federal Skilled Worker Program. In addition, we will determine if you are admissible to Canada

Does that mean they have looked and studied the documents I have submitted or have they just done a quick check to see that all documents were submitted?
I have seen that and it is very frustrating to have these words.

But look at what CIC says is needed for BOWP.

To be eligible for a bridging work permit, foreign nationals must meet the following requirements:

they are currently in Canada;
they have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire in four months or less;
they are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or the two caregiver classes;
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their permanent residence application under one of the Economic Class programs above;
they have applied for an open work permit; and
they have paid the work permit processing fee and the Open Work Permit Holder fee.
And also see this further down on the same page.

In the Express Entry application process, a notice and a letter are sent to the applicant. Only the letter (Acknowledgment of Receipt) can be used to support a BOWP.

A notice (Electronic receipt of APR) is automatically issued to the applicants on receipt of their electronic application submission. This notice indicates the following: “Your application is being checked to determine whether it meets the requirements of a complete application pursuant to section 10 and section 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.” This notice cannot be used to support a BOWP, as it does not reflect that the applicant has received a “positive eligibility assessment” as required for a BOWP.

[size=10pt]A letter (Acknowledgement of Receipt)[/size] is issued to the applicants once their application has passed a completeness check. This letter indicates the following: “CIC has reviewed your application and determined that it meets the requirements of a complete application as described in section 10 and section 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.” This is the official Acknowledgement of Receipt letter and it may be used to support a BOWP if all other requirements are met.
Taking these together clearly implies that the 2nd AOR is conclusive proof of program eligibility. Look at it this way, EE is fully online. The system does not let you submit without uploading every required document. So the eAPR is just confirmation that the application package is complete - of course it is because that's how the system is designed!

And the 2nd AOR is sent only after someone went through your documents and confirmed that you have uploaded relevant documents which demonstrate program eligibility and not a series of cat images or Justin Bieber lyrics (Do note that uploading Bieber lyrics might get you barred for life, even in Canada!). ;)

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
The vast majority of forum members have got their PPRs from March till date without getting a 2nd AOR. But the 2nd AOR is conclusive proof of program eligibility else there is no way it can be used for BOWP.

So count yourself lucky that you've got it and enjoy the rest of the process. If your background and criminal history check out, you will get your PPR.

All the best!
I don't understand why you'll say that there's no way you can use the second AOR to apply for a BOWP when it is the second AOR you need when applying for a BOWP. This is what the CIC website says in relation to a BOWP:

'The bridging open work permit (BOWP) requires that the foreign nationals have submitted their application for permanent residence and that CIC has provided a “positive eligibility assessment”. The positive eligibility assessment is considered to be made when the applicants receive their Acknowledgement of Receipt letter (not notice of receipt of electronic submission) and the following is confirmed in GCMS:

- submitted on or after January 1, 2015, the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) has sent an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter that confirms the application has passed R10 completeness (this is not the Electronic receipt of APR notice but the letter [Acknowledgement of Receipt] issued in GCMS).

The 2nd AOR confirms the completeness of the application therefore I disagree with what you've written above.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
I don't understand why you'll say that there's no way you can use the second AOR to apply for a BOWP when it is the second AOR you need when applying for a BOWP. This is what the CIC website says in relation to a BOWP:

'The bridging open work permit (BOWP) requires that the foreign nationals have submitted their application for permanent residence and that CIC has provided a “positive eligibility assessment”. The positive eligibility assessment is considered to be made when the applicants receive their Acknowledgement of Receipt letter (not notice of receipt of electronic submission) and the following is confirmed in GCMS:

- submitted on or after January 1, 2015, the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) has sent an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter that confirms the application has passed R10 completeness (this is not the Electronic receipt of APR notice but the letter [Acknowledgement of Receipt] issued in GCMS).

The 2nd AOR confirms the completeness of the application therefore I disagree with what you've written above.
Well, I meant just the exact opposite of what you understood! There was an 'else' in that statement as well.

Of ocurse, a 2nd AOR can be used to apply for BOWP and that's what my following post was all about as well.

Note to self: Improve writing skills even further as some parts can be misunderstood. :)

zandora

Dec 31, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Well, I meant just the exact opposite of what you understood! There was an 'else' in that statement as well.

Of ocurse, a 2nd AOR can be used to apply for BOWP and that's what my following post was all about as well.

Note to self: Improve writing skills even further as some parts can be misunderstood. :)
To be honest, I also understood your post to mean that you can't use the 2nd AOR for a BOWP which left me scratching my head for a second there lol.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zandora said:
To be honest, I also understood your post to mean that you can't use the 2nd AOR for a BOWP which left me scratching my head for a second there lol.
I get it. It's just the sentence structure. Your brain expects an 'and' and sees an 'else' but doesn't register the negation right away. :)

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
I have seen that and it is very frustrating to have these words.

But look at what CIC says is needed for BOWP.

And also see this further down on the same page.

Taking these together clearly implies that the 2nd AOR is conclusive proof of program eligibility. Look at it this way, EE is fully online. The system does not let you submit without uploading every required document. So the eAPR is just confirmation that the application package is complete - of course it is because that's how the system is designed!

And the 2nd AOR is sent only after someone went through your documents and confirmed that you have uploaded relevant documents which demonstrate program eligibility and not a series of cat images or Justin Bieber lyrics (Do note that uploading Bieber lyrics might get you barred for life, even in Canada!). ;)
hahaha darn it! My Plan B if I was rejected was to upload images of Maple Syrup and Justin Bieber and hope for the best :D

zandora

Dec 31, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
I get it. It's just the sentence structure. Your brain expects an 'and' and sees an 'else' but doesn't register the negation right away. :)
I believe you should have just made the statement precise and written 'But the 2nd AOR is conclusive proof of program eligibility hence it can be used for BOWP. Anyway each to their own.

BTW don't you even sleep or go to work? :eek:

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zandora said:
I believe you should have just made the statement precise and written 'But the 2nd AOR is conclusive proof of program eligibility hence it can be used for BOWP. Anyway each to their own.

BTW don't you even sleep or go to work? :eek:
I'm the Architect. Welcome to the Matrix.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:

Oops, my bad!

shirebikes

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16th April
sam_172452 said:
hahaha darn it! My Plan B if I was rejected was to upload images of Maple Syrup and Justin Bieber and hope for the best :D
Bieber would have the opposite effect...

What you need to do is upload images of you playing hockey on a lake...

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
Hello Ladies & Gents,

I submitted my application on May 25 and received almost instantly my first AOR.

On 17 July I received my second AOR. I live outside of Canada and can't use it for the Bridging work permit.

Has anyone noticed any other significance for this AOR?
CIC is sending 2nd AOR for outland applicants who cannot apply for BOWP anyway :(
How about inland applicants whose work permits expire soon, and desperately need the 2nd AOR as the basis for BOWP? I haven't seen any inland applicant reporting the receipt of the 2nd AOR.
I cannot be but amazed of this chaos that rules the EE system. Well done CIC.

kkpar

Apr 23, 2015
Hello guys,
I m planning to do flagpoling tomorrow at rainbow bridge. Do they have specific working hrs at the border or I can go anytime of the day? Also, how much time the whole process may take? Any special guidelines or documents i should keep in mind?
Kindly advice