+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Hello Is CIC suppose to change to "Approved" and case closed after PPR... After how much time does it change ? I am yet to send my passport as i am waiting for my wife's visa change... any help would be appreciated...

Oliver Queen

Apr 3, 2015
Favoured01 said:
Hi KingOfGoodTimes, I thought you had to go into the US and then return to flagpole. if not, how do you flagpole please?

Favoured01 - You will NOT need a visa to the US to flag pole. You can walk if you don't have a Driver's license. I have done this personally. You will have to walk into the booth with the US Officer and have to advise them that you intend to Flagpole. They will ask for your passport and will give you a paper saying that you have been refused entry to the US. They will then direct you to an office and ask you to wait.. after which an officer will call you and guide you to go back to the Canadian Office side.. Upon entering the Canadian Office - you will then have to go to the Immigration counter and present your documents. Hope this helps.

bebeth

Mar 20, 2015
A friend will give me a ride and were planning to go in coutts alberta for my flagpole..can we park the car in visitor parking area in dutyfree and i will leave my friend there in the car and i will just walk..is this fine? Thanks in advance

dj_baba

Mar 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone from India who requested via an email to CPC Ottawa that their passports be stamped within India instead of Ottawa, please let me know how long did it take to receive a response from CPC.

I relocated from India to overseas only last week. After receiving a PPR on 15th, I have sent an email to CPC informing them of the change in address and with a request to stamp the passport in the new country of residence. Still waiting for a response...

Oliver Queen

Apr 3, 2015
bebeth said:
A friend will give me a ride and were planning to go in coutts alberta for my flagpole..can we park the car in visitor parking area in dutyfree and i will leave my friend there in the car and i will just walk..is this fine? Thanks in advance

Yes you can do that. There is a small restaurant near the Canadian office boarder that he can park and you can just walk so that it wont be too far for your guys. You can just stand on the side (visible for the officer to see you) while waiting for a car to finish off and raise your hand to an officer so that he will make you come forward. Do not approach the officer if there is a car in the booth.

When talking to the Canadian Immigration just have the presence of mind - They are kind of strict and to the point (from my experience... I have done 2 flagpoling there :) )

Goodluck!

allthebest

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
curious_123 said:
Hello Is CIC suppose to change to "Approved" and case closed after PPR... After how much time does it change ? I am yet to send my passport as i am waiting for my wife's visa change... any help would be appreciated...
Mycic status updated to application approved today.
Sent my passport last Monday with Canada Xpress, reached Ottawa VO on Wednesday morning. Hope the return tracker will be activated soon. Praise be to God and thanks to all of you here for helping me to come to this stage.

Mycic status:
Where is this application? Details Help
Application/profile status Closed Help
Review of eligibility Passed Help
Review of medical results Passed Help
Review of submitted documents Provided Help
Scheduling an interview (blank) Help
A background check is needed Complete Help
A final decision has been reached This application has been approved Help

Ecas still not accessible. I stop trying now :)

ITA 27 Mar
AOR 13 Apr
Med passed 21 Apr
Sch A request & submitted 24 Apr
BG check in progress & PPR 10 Jul
Passport copies & biodata sent 13 Jul
Received by Ottawa VO 15 Jul
PR approved 17 Jul
Outland applicant but entered canada on 4 Jun & changed address to inland.

I wish everyone here the very best news on your applications. The wait can be unbearable, but we are already super lucky to get ITAs under express entry. Dont lose patience and hope. God bless

karen12

Jun 16, 2015
Hi everyone...
Just wondering once you have sent your application then after which step you can think that you are good??
I meant there are technical problems in the system and then other things which leads to rejection but after which step you can feel safe that okay I'm safe here.. like after Background check or what?? Or no at all till you get PPR!
Just curious to know... Any kind of help is apperciated!
Thank you

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
karen12 said:
Hi everyone...
Just wondering once you have sent your application then after which step you can think that you are good??
I meant there are technical problems in the system and then other things which leads to rejection but after which step you can feel safe that okay I'm safe here.. like after Background check or what?? Or no at all till you get PPR!
Thank you
You can never be sure, until you get PPR. Once you get your AOR you begin the waiting game and hope for the best.

abiisharma

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dragon17Sky said:
Guys,

I received ITA on 27th june and I am gathering documents. I would be very thankful if you can help me with few points.

1.) My full time work experience (2009-2012) and my full time masters degree (2010-2012) are falling in same years. Will that be an issue?

WES has approved my masters degree and given masters equivalency. Also I have class attendance letter from my institute where I took evening classes during my job.
And to confirm my full time work experience during that period, I have offer letter, joining letter, bank statement of salary, relieving letter, roles n responsibility letter from the company.

I am worried what if they only considered one of two (either work exp or masters). But I have proof showing both full time. Please advise.

From my understanding you should only claim points for one of them, since you cannot do both work and study full time and for experience CIC need experience when you were only working full time
2.) In my current work experience (2013- till date), I have consultancy contract which clearly says that I am hired on "temporary basis"(same wording) but my contract is "extendable".
I am working with the same company since 2013. Will that "temporary basis" word in contract create a doubt in the mind of visa officer?
It is better if you can get those precious words in it (Permanent, FullTime and Non Seasonal) but I have seen many people got PPR even without those words but few unfortunate once were rejected on the same premise
However, along with contract letter I have recently taken roles and responsibility letter(which mentions me as full time employee), work duration letter, salary slips (one per quarter since 2013), appraisal letter, also two employment visas mentions my work with the same company. Is it fine to support my experience as full time. I afraid I wont be able to take any other document from them apart from the above mentioned I already received.

Appreciate if you can please guide on above two concerns.

-abiisharma
Thanks dragon17sky for reply.

1. I checked with with others too and i got to know that only applicants with canadian degree can't claim points for both education and full time work in parallel, but applicant with outside education can claim that with valid documents.

2. My Work exp is not in Canada. My contract letter I received in 2013 mentions that I am on temporary basis. However, the recent roles and responsibility letter I received from company last month clearly mentions that I am a full time employee , also I am attaching all salary slips starting 2013. Hope that will be fine.

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
Small Update: Decision Made today on my ECAS directly from Application Received with same wrong Dates.

abinash1998

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
John155 said:
Hi Friends,

I am worried about recent rejections are coming up for the offer letter does not mentioned the magical word of "Non-seasonal". Does anyone received PPR that which is not mentioned on their offer or reference letter?

Actually i have submitted 2 letters
1. Offer letter - Which was made in End of 2013 and mentioned for 2 years contract and did not mentioned anything like permanent, full time and non-seasonal.
2. Employment reference letter - Which is made just before last month and mentioned as full time permanent basis but missed the word of Non-seasonal.

Please advise me that do i need to submit another offer letter and reference letter thorough CSE? or only reference letter will be enough to provide with that missing "Non-seasonal" word.

Please advise., Thanks
Actually do ur best now as soon as possible to update it bcz that one is serious problem which i had experienced as well and if u will get rejected u need to make again express entry file then wait for ita and till that time police reports and others certificates could expire so plz be careful good luck..

abinash1998

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karen12 said:
Hi everyone...
Thank you

I think until we dont get ppr cant be confident..

VVK_01

Jun 5, 2015
dj_baba said:
Anyone from India who requested via an email to CPC Ottawa that their passports be stamped within India instead of Ottawa, please let me know how long did it take to receive a response from CPC.

I relocated from India to overseas only last week. After receiving a PPR on 15th, I have sent an email to CPC informing them of the change in address and with a request to stamp the passport in the new country of residence. Still waiting for a response...
Hi they replied in 2 days with instructions to submit at VFS Delhi.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Ladies & Gents,

I submitted my application on May 25 and received almost instantly my first AOR.

On 17 July I received my second AOR. I live outside of Canada and can't use it for the Bridging work permit.

Has anyone noticed any other significance for this AOR?

It says that my application was found to be complete. Does that just mean that they just noticed if I have uploaded documents correctly without doing a quality check of the documents? Or have the documents been assessed to see if they are as per cic requirements?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
Hello Ladies & Gents,

I submitted my application on May 25 and received almost instantly my first AOR.

On 17 July I received my second AOR. I live outside of Canada and can't use it for the Bridging work permit.

Has anyone noticed any other significance for this AOR?

It says that my application was found to be complete. Does that just mean that they just noticed if I have uploaded documents correctly without doing a quality check of the documents? Or have the documents been assessed to see if they are as per cic requirements?
The vast majority of forum members have got their PPRs from March till date without getting a 2nd AOR. But the 2nd AOR is conclusive proof of program eligibility else there is no way it can be used for BOWP.

So count yourself lucky that you've got it and enjoy the rest of the process. If your background and criminal history check out, you will get your PPR.

All the best!