+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flames21 said:
8 weeks after submitting schedule A.... Still Waiting for any kinda update :(

A friend of mine got his PPR in one month and another friend got rejected cuz he didn't mention numbers of hours worked in his reference letter.... too much to take in rite now :-\ :'( ??? :mad:
That's tough!! and there is no logic or pattern to follow!!

aj355

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Awesome News.

Received the PR today (visa stamped on passport and "confirmation of permanent residence") :) :)

Timeline:
EE profile created: 02-01-2015
ITA: 20-03-2015
Application Submitted: 04-04-2015
AOR : 07-04-2015
Passport request: 22-06-2015
Passport Sent: 30-06-2015
Passport received back: 08-07-2015

-Aakash

kkpar

Apr 23, 2015
Hello Guys,

I have been a regular visitor and this forum has been immensely helpful. Thank you to all the seniors who take out time and respond to queries. I have some questions.

I got a mail from CIC asking for my passport

The letter starts like this.

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. The following
is required to complete your application and for CPC-Ottawa to issue your Confirmation of Permanent
Residence (IMM 5688) and permanent residence visa (if a visa is required)"

-Is this PPR? Because nothing has been updated in MYCIC or ECAs.

-They have asked if I'm have changed my address and I have. Should I send a mail to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and wait for their reply before sending the Passport & photos or send the passport without waiting for the reply?

-My work permit expires on 27th July. Do I need to apply for an extension of Work Permit because I feel my passport would not come back before 27th?

Kindly help

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
kkpar said:
Hello Guys,

I have been a regular visitor and this forum has been immensely helpful. Thank you to all the seniors who take out time and respond to queries. I have some questions.

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. The following
is required to complete your application and for CPC-Ottawa to issue your Confirmation of Permanent

-They have asked if I'm have changed my address and I have. Should I send a mail to CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca and wait for their reply before sending the Passport & photos or send the passport without waiting for the reply?

-My work permit expires on 27th July. Do I need to apply for an extension of Work Permit because I feel my passport would not come back before 27th?

Kindly help
Yes, it is PPR.

What is your timeline. You should be good if you send your passport tomorrow.

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
jaffa83 said:
Sorry to hear about that. They will refund your application within 3-6 weeks and you need not do anything. But if you have the docs ready now why don't you send a Case Specific Enquiry to reopen your case.

@ JoshH...Sorry to hear that but give it a try again if you have the chance and don't give up.

@ dragon17sky...Happy for you, I will be more happy if you and rasber get all the way to final positive result. Anyway, you deserve every positive news from CIC. Good Luck!!

Good Luck to All folks, who are waiting!!
Thank you Jaffa

kkpar

Apr 23, 2015
kainthsimranjit said:
Yes, it is PPR.

What is your timeline. You should be good if you send your passport tomorrow.
My timeline is

ITA- 27 March
AOR -27 March
Background check- in progress- 8th June

PPR- 8th July

What is the approximate time, from the day I send my passport, to come back?

RoadtoCanada

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkpar said:
Hello Guys,

-They have asked if I'm have changed my address and I have. Should I send a mail to CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca and wait for their reply before sending the Passport & photos or send the passport without waiting for the reply?

Kindly help
Congrats kkpr! Did you submit your application same day of your ITA or is it a typo?

kkpar

Apr 23, 2015
RoadtoCanada said:
Congrats kkpr! Did you submit your application same day of your ITA or is it a typo?
I'm so sorry.

ITA- 27 March
Application submitted- 27th April
AOR -27 April
PPR- 8th July

What is the approximate time, from the day I send my passport to Ottawa to come back?
Can somebody please help as I will be moving from my current house on 24th July. Also, should I apply for extension of work permit as my permit will expire on 27th July

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
kkpar said:
My timeline is

ITA- 27 March
AOR -27 March

PPR- 8th July

What is the approximate time, from the day I send my passport, to come back?
congrats buddy...there is no specific time frame that we can say. It may take upto 3-30 days to get your passport once you Ottawa receives your Passport. In your case you do not worry about your curernt WP expiry date. You are already in the PR status once stamped but not activated until you do the landing. They know this information and will make notes on this in their GCMS. Also, once you submit the PP you may send an email on what you may do in case explaining your situation. TO be optimistic, you may get the PP back before the expiry of WP, so make the landing arrangements soon expecting it before the date.

aj355

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
What is the approximate time, from the day I send my passport to Ottawa to come back?
See my timeline - Passport Sent: 30-06-2015, Passport received back: 08-07-2015

kkpar

Apr 23, 2015
jaffa83 said:
congrats buddy...there is no specific time frame that we can say. It may take upto 3-30 days to get your passport once you Ottawa receives your Passport. In your case you do not worry about your curernt WP expiry date. You are already in the PR status once stamped but not activated until you do the landing. They know this information and will make notes on this in their GCMS. Also, once you submit the PP you may send an email on what you may do in case explaining your situation. TO be optimistic, you may get the PP back before the expiry of WP, so make the landing arrangements soon expecting it before the date.
Thank you jaffa83 and kainthsimranjit. I really appreciate your help. Do I worry about nothing being updated on MYCIC or ECAs?

kkpar

Apr 23, 2015
aj355 said:
See my timeline - Passport Sent: 30-06-2015, Passport received back: 08-07-2015
Thanks aj355. I guess I will have to send an email to CIC for address change. Should I wait for their reply?

RoadtoCanada

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkpar said:
I'm so sorry.

ITA- 27 March
Application submitted- 27th April
AOR -27 April
PPR- 8th July

Can somebody please help as I will be moving from my current house on 24th July. Also, should I apply for extension of work permit as my permit will expire on 27th July
Thanks kkpar! I would suggest to keep your application ready and submit it on 26th July if you do not receive your passport back by then. And then you can withdraw the application once you receive your PR. That way you can ignore any kind of mess of expired status.

kkpar

Apr 23, 2015
RoadtoCanada said:
Thanks kkpar! I would suggest to keep your application ready and submit it on 26th July if you do not receive your passport back by then. And then you can withdraw the application once you receive your PR. That way you can ignore any kind of mess of expired status.
Thanks RoadtoCanada:)

aj355

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Thanks aj355. I guess I will have to send an email to CIC for address change. Should I wait for their reply?
No need to wait for reply. I also sent an email for address change. I never received any reply, but I checked in ECAS and the address was updated soon after.

I would suggest just send the email and send the passport immediately after. Anyways you will have to include a return envelope mentioning your address (in which you can use new address).