NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
Med's Request
can't remember pass date
Hi toCAfromJA,

So I started my application in april, created profile on April 27, received ITA on May 3.
Submitted documents on August 2.
Received PPR September 1.
Sent passports to POS VO on September 26.
Received approval today Oct 12.
Passports should arrive here next week.
Thanks for your response!

Just one clarifying question: when you say submitted documents on Aug 2, do you mean that that is your AOR date?

If so, it took a month for you to go from AOR to PPR (which is amazing!!).

Jules86

Sep 1, 2017
Thanks for your response!

Just one clarifying question: when you say submitted documents on Aug 2, do you mean that that is your AOR date?

If so, it took a month for you to go from AOR to PPR (which is amazing!!).
Yes that was my AOR date, so yea one month. And they started requesting additional docs like days after I submitted. I was surprised at how fast it went.

How is your process going @CAfromJA?

toCAfromJA

Aug 30, 2017
Outland
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
Med's Request
can't remember pass date
Yes that was my AOR date, so yea one month. And they started requesting additional docs like days after I submitted. I was surprised at how fast it went.

Well, I'm at LVO stage (POS, T&T). Not sure of exact date of transfer from CIO but I'm thinking it might have taken place around Aug 25 when my Additional Docs status changed to Not Required. If so, my file would have been in T&T for 2 months come Oct 25. BG = NA (second time around).

So, I'm waiting on my BG check to begin or for PPR to be received (since I've heard that some ppl go straight to PPR without their account status indicating that BG has begun):).

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017

WOW! Congrats!!!

Did you have a paper based application before and tried again through express entry? What was your NOC??

My AOR is May 26. Still waiting, POS said they haven't reviewed my application as yet. Got this communication in an email today.

Jules86

Sep 1, 2017
Well, I'm at LVO stage (POS, T&T). Not sure of exact date of transfer from CIO but I'm thinking it might have taken place around Aug 25 when my Additional Docs status changed to Not Required. If so, my file would have been in T&T for 2 months come Oct 25. BG = NA (second time around).

So, I'm waiting on my BG check to begin or for PPR to be received (since I've heard that some ppl go straight to PPR without their account status indicating that BG has begun):).
Ok. I'm trying to remember what my background check status was prior to receiving PPR. But I think I got PPR before that status changed.

Hopefully you will see something soon.

Jules86

Sep 1, 2017
WOW! Congrats!!!

Did you have a paper based application before and tried again through express entry? What was your NOC??

My AOR is May 26. Still waiting, POS said they haven't reviewed my application as yet. Got this communication in an email today.
WOW! Congrats!!!

No I did not do a paper based application prior to this one. First time trying with express entry.

So how did you know it's at POS? Did you get PPR?

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
No
No I did not do a paper based application prior to this one. First time trying with express entry.

So how did you know it's at POS? Did you get PPR?
No I'm still waiting for PPR. I emailed Ottawa asking for a status update and received an email from POS that my application is in queue for review at their visa office.

I'm FSW-O. Are you CEC??? Lol your approval was soooo faaassst! You must be so happy.

Jules86

Sep 1, 2017
No

No I'm still waiting for PPR. I emailed Ottawa asking for a status update and received an email from POS that my application is in queue for review at their visa office.

I'm FSW-O. Are you CEC??? Lol your approval was soooo faaassst! You must be so happy.
I'm FSW too. I'm honestly very surprised at how fast it went. Like literally 3 or 4 days after AOR they requested parent authorization for my son to travel, along with some other docs and I submitted them right away.

And I think it could have been sooner, but I had delays as I was having difficulties with the couriers.

So yes I am very happy!

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017

My case is similar to yours. What's your NOC?

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
I'm FSW too. I'm honestly very surprised at how fast it went. Like literally 3 or 4 days after AOR they requested parent authorization for my son to travel, along with some other docs and I submitted them right away.

And I think it could have been sooner, but I had delays as I was having difficulties with the couriers.

So yes I am very happy!
Congrats my love! Well you have lots of planning to do now. Air b n b is what I plan to use as well. Idk if you can use them as your address to send your passports. But you can air b n b and get there rent and apartment and then update CIC with your new address for sending your PR CARD. So don't worry too much. What was your NOC?

Jules86

Sep 1, 2017
Congrats my love! Well you have lots of planning to do now. Air b n b is what I plan to use as well. Idk if you can use them as your address to send your passports. But you can air b n b and get there rent and apartment and then update CIC with your new address for sending your PR CARD. So don't worry too much.
Yea I'm keeping it as a plan B. Because I have my son I really would prefer to find a place. So I have a few people in canada helping me with the search. Sharing is a no no for me.

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Yea I'm keeping it as a plan B. Because I have my son I really would prefer to find a place. So I have a few people in canada helping me with the search. Sharing is a no no for me.
Yup! Jamaicangirl seemed to have had a bad experience. You can't stay with persons too long. Because they might be good at first... but as you look it's a problem. I'm not worried about you though. Things worked our so beautifully already. Just start applying for jobs. Most are willing to do Skype interviews .

There's a jamaican whatsapp group if you want to join. I'll pm the link.

Reactions: ESSJAYJA

Jules86

Sep 1, 2017
Yup! Jamaicangirl seemed to have had a bad experience. You can't stay with persons too long. Because they might be good at first... but as you look it's a problem. I'm not worried about you though. Things worked our so beautifully already. Just start applying for jobs. Most are willing to do Skype interviews .

There's a jamaican whatsapp group if you want to join. I'll pm the link.
Oh cool, I would really appreciate that.
I tell you, my thoughts exactly. God brought me this far so I'm not worried, I'm just doing my part. I had signed up for pre arrival services after receiving PPR and so I'm now working with a mentor as it relates to resume prep and job search. Her suggestion is to start applying 3 months prior to arrival.
And I've just been doing a lot of research on schools etc for my son.
I also noted that some banks facilitate the opening of an account before arrival, so I wanna see if I can do that as well.

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Just got approval!
So can I use the airbnb address for immigration? If I go that route.
So firstly, yes you can; however, the address that you give to Immigration will be the address on record for your PR card to be mailed to.

I would only suggest that you do this, IF, you don't have any close family members here whose address you can use.....

Immigration told us that the PR card takes 6 weeks to be mailed to the address that is given.......we are still waiting for ours.....we have been here for 4 weeks.

I must say though, that the address can be changed (within the time leading up to the 6 weeks, once IRCC hasn't already sent out the card) by either calling CIC, or submitting an updated address through the IRCC Webform.

Do you have family here whose address you could use?

Last edited: