Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
Were you able to ask your local bank if they were willing to transfer in TTD to Canada? I did ask RBL (and RBC I think) that a few months ago and they were not willing. I asked to transfer to the US as well and they sent no. If there are multiple people doing it then they may have a basis for possible change.
Hey malican, I just got off the phone with RBL, they said no. RBC said no. Trying to get on to Scotia, but they had me on hold too long. I will try again and let you know what they've said.

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
Were you able to ask your local bank if they were willing to transfer in TTD to Canada? I did ask RBL (and RBC I think) that a few months ago and they were not willing. I asked to transfer to the US as well and they sent no. If there are multiple people doing it then they may have a basis for possible change.
Got on to Scotia. They said no also.

malican

May 24, 2016
Got on to Scotia. They said no also.
Yup... like I said we are pretty screwed. Do you have an alternative? The only thing I can think of is going the way I am with the letter. Other than that RBC is giving out like 200 to 500 at a time. But that would require you going there frequently and queueing up.

Afe1984

Aug 7, 2017
Maybe it depends on your area of study. I wasn't asked to send CXC certificates and although I sent for my degree certificates it never reached them. But they did the assessment without them. Additionally I had the universities courier the transcripts direct to them to save time. And tried sending my certificates separately. Remember to send the university the cover form for them to include when sending the document to WES if you're going with that route. Good luck with the process! Feel free to ask further questions...research is the only thing that will help you through!
I appreciate it thank u for your guidance. I will keep in touch

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
Yup... like I said we are pretty screwed. Do you have an alternative? The only thing I can think of is going the way I am with the letter. Other than that RBC is giving out like 200 to 500 at a time. But that would require you going there frequently and queueing up.
The banks actually advised that you can leave a letter of instruction with them that would allow them to wire funds (as the currency become available) to your CAD account. Fortunately for me, my mother-in-law would be in Trinidad. So my intention is to open a joint account with her and then when I get to Canada after I've shown my proof of funds to the 'landing' agents, I would transfer the funds (via online banking to the joint account). My mother-in-law would then leave an instruction with the bank to have the money wired in parts (as the currency becomes available) to the Canadian account. Therefore on a daily basis, I average about $200 to $500CAD would be wired across.

malican

May 24, 2016
The banks actually advised that you can leave a letter of instruction with them that would allow them to wire funds (as the currency become available) to your CAD account. Fortunately for me, my mother-in-law would be in Trinidad. So my intention is to open a joint account with her and then when I get to Canada after I've shown my proof of funds to the 'landing' agents, I would transfer the funds (via online banking to the joint account). My mother-in-law would then leave an instruction with the bank to have the money wired in parts (as the currency becomes available) to the Canadian account. Therefore on a daily basis, I average about $200 to $500CAD would be wired across.
I considered that too but that wouldn't work for me as i would have to pay a wire transfer fee everytime. And then depending on how much i want to get out that will take a very long time as 200 to 500 a day will take a while and be costly. Also depending on what bank I chose the currency will definitely not be available on a daily basis. RBC is the only once that sounds promising but even they have a daily limit for cash, drafts and wire transfers. Definitely not RBL, Scotia or FCB. I've explored all the possible options and ran out of ideas! Worst possible... use my CC for everything once I can.

If that works for you... good luck!

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
I considered that too but that wouldn't work for me as i would have to pay a wire transfer fee everytime. And then depending on how much i want to get out that will take a very long time as 200 to 500 a day will take a while and be costly. Also depending on what bank I chose the currency will definitely not be available on a daily basis. RBC is the only once that sounds promising but even they have a daily limit for cash, drafts and wire transfers. Definitely not RBL, Scotia or FCB. I've explored all the possible options and ran out of ideas! Worst possible... use my CC for everything once I can.

If that works for you... good luck!
The only way CC can work for me is if I am able to withdraw all funds from my CC in a day (which I doubt can happen). If this is possible, I can use online banking to put the money back on to the CC after every withdrawal, and keep withdrawing everyday until I get all my funds across. That option would be a long and tedious one.

malican

May 24, 2016
The only way CC can work for me is if I am able to withdraw all funds from my CC in a day (which I doubt can happen). If this is possible, I can use online banking to put the money back on to the CC after every withdrawal, and keep withdrawing everyday until I get all my funds across. That option would be a long and tedious one.
For me everytime there is a CC withdrawal a ridiculous amount of interest is charged so wouldnt advise that. But what about paying for all bills and purchases with your TT CC and then transferring the funds from your TT bank account to pay for it (granting both your CC and bank account is with the same bank). But for apartment rental and car purchase this option may not work depending on payment type available. For most other things you should be able to pay... day to day expenses, transportation, clothes, food, shopping etc.

OntarioExpress

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a quick update.

AOR: February 1
PPR: July 17
Category: PNPO
Passports sent: August 8
Passports delivered: August 10
Application approved: August 15
Passports not yet received

On another note, I received GCMS notes last week and confirmed the following from the notes and tracking changes in my profile:

Application submitted: Jan 31

AOR immediately: dated Feb 1

Additional documents: Blank to Not needed at this time March 2

Background check: Not Needed to Not started March 2

Medical passed: March 3

Background check: In Progress the next step is to perform a background check. March 7 (R10 passed)

Background check: Not applicable March 8

A11.2 completeness check passed June 8

Application transferred from CIO to POS June 9

POS first notes made July 17 at 8 am

PPR and RPRF July 17 at 9am

Background check: In progress July 19

Hope I didn't leave out any important info. All the best to everyone.

Reactions: kast29

Navin1988

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
Hey guys just an update. I got my PPR last night.

Reactions: Judsywudsy

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
Just a quick update.

On another note, I received GCMS notes last week and confirmed the following from the notes and tracking changes in my profile:

Background check: In Progress the next step is to perform a background check. March 7 (R10 passed)

Thanks OntarioExpress. This provides some insight.

malican

May 24, 2016
Just a quick update.

Congratulations and thank you for the detailed timeline... I did indicate I will do one as well but quite swamped right now. Hopefully soon! I think we are getting a better understanding of POS VO now.