+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Applicants from Trinidad & Tobago or with Port of Spain VO

malican

May 24, 2016
That's great!!!!!! Right now I'm trying to send my passport by courier but the simplest thing has stumped me. My passport has my first and middle name under my given name and the form asks for the first name and I'm not sure if that really means my given names as seen on my passport.
Congratulations on your PPR! Are you sending via DHL? If you are it's overnight shipping and POS VO processing is around 5 to 7 working days. So give around 10 to 12 days to get back. And please put the name as it appears on your passport.

malican

May 24, 2016
Good day everyone,

I am from Saint Lucia, is there a whatsapp group for us Caribbean nationals? I am about to start the process and will like to connect and gain as guidance as we go through this process.

Thank you.
Hello and welcome to the group... please keep updating us with your dates etc. Feel free to post your questions as you move along the application process.

Trini.phar

Jul 6, 2017
Hi everyone!
I'm an express entry applicant through the FSW stream.
So far this is my timeline
AOR -13th Jan 2017
(Up front medical, police certificates etc submitted)
I got a PPR on 2nd Jul 2017 from a direct email signed from the High commission in POS. However my CIC account still says that my application is in progress. Is this normal? Has anyone had a similar experience? All previous correspondence was through myCIC msgs so I'm a bit confused.

Btw...Thank you very much @Jamaicangirl88 for directing me here from another thread!

Reactions: Jamaicangirl88

Trini.phar

Jul 6, 2017
Hey @SMV I've had similar situations with many applications/forms in the past but I've learnt that placing (First Name) (space) (Middle Name) under the area for "First name" is commonly accepted and understood. Hope this helps

That's great!!!!!! Right now I'm trying to send my passport by courier but the simplest thing has stumped me. My passport has my first and middle name under my given name and the form asks for the first name and I'm not sure if that really means my given names as seen on my passport.

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Hi everyone!
I'm an express entry applicant through the FSW stream.
So far this is my timeline
AOR -13th Jan 2017
(Up front medical, police certificates etc submitted)
I got a PPR on 2nd Jul 2017 from a direct email signed from the High commission in POS. However my CIC account still says that my application is in progress. Is this normal? Has anyone had a similar experience? All previous correspondence was through myCIC msgs so I'm a bit confused.

Btw...Thank you very much @Jamaicangirl88 for directing me here from another thread!
You're most welcome!

It is absolutely normal for your app to show this....it won't change to "Passed" until your passport is on its way back with your visa.

Mine looks the same.

malican

May 24, 2016
You're most welcome!

It is absolutely normal for your app to show this....it won't change to "Passed" until your passport is on its way back with your visa.

Mine looks the same.
Hey Trini.phar, welcome and congratulations! Just to add to Jamaicangirl88... my status changed to approved when they inserted the counter foil visa on the passport which happened the same day my passport was dispatched; overnight shipping via DHL.

NeeshBents

Mar 15, 2017
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
POS
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
21-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
  • Background check Status: IP1 (21-06-2017)
  • Meds passed: 21-06-2017
  • AOR: 21-04-2017

HI all,
My application is as above. Also applying from Trinidad, stuck at IP1.

Last edited:

malican

May 24, 2016
  • Background check Status: IP1 (21-06-2017)
  • Meds passed: 21-06-2017
  • AOR: 21-04-2017

HI all,
My application is as above. Also applying from Trinidad, stuck at IP1.
Hi NeeshBents. Thank you for joining. We need all the info we can get on POS VO. What stream are you?

Based on the info you provided above I note that your meds took approximately two months to pass. Earlier on this year around Jan to Feb it took about 2 weeks. The change is probably because of the drastic increase in intake. I reckon your file is still with CIC and hasnt been transfered as yet. It is good you are seeing status changes!

Trini.phar

Jul 6, 2017
Thanks guys! @malican @Jamaicangirl88

I also have another concern. I did not expect to get PPR this soon and have made travel plans for August, coincidentally with transit both ways through Toronto. I am not yet prepared for "landing" and furthermore cannot do it this time around, since my PR card would never be ready in time for me to enter Canada on my return journey. What I wanted to know is if they would cancel my TRV/visitor's visa once issuing the Immigrant visa when I submit my passport. I believe that entering the country as a visitor would help me get away from this complication. And perhaps I could complete my Landing at a later date. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Hey Trini.phar, welcome and congratulations! Just to add to Jamaicangirl88... my status changed to approved when they inserted the counter foil visa on the passport which happened the same day my passport was dispatched; overnight shipping via DHL.
Tha

NeeshBents

Mar 15, 2017
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
POS
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
21-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Hi NeeshBents. Thank you for joining. We need all the info we can get on POS VO. What stream are you?

Based on the info you provided above I note that your meds took approximately two months to pass. Earlier on this year around Jan to Feb it took about 2 weeks. The change is probably because of the drastic increase in intake. I reckon your file is still with CIC and hasnt been transfered as yet. It is good you are seeing status changes!

Thank you

Meds for most April AOR applicants took roughly 2 mths to pass
Recently it´s a bit faster ~1mth
Hoping BGC status updates soon

NeeshBents

Mar 15, 2017
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
POS
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
21-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-03-2017

malican

May 24, 2016
Thanks guys! @malican @Jamaicangirl88

I also have another concern. I did not expect to get PPR this soon and have made travel plans for August, coincidentally with transit both ways through Toronto. I am not yet prepared for "landing" and furthermore cannot do it this time around, since my PR card would never be ready in time for me to enter Canada on my return journey. What I wanted to know is if they would cancel my TRV/visitor's visa once issuing the Immigrant visa when I submit my passport. I believe that entering the country as a visitor would help me get away from this complication. And perhaps I could complete my Landing at a later date. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Tha
In my research I have seen many posts on this. In summary, some have traveled successfully having a COPR but used a TRV through immigration and landed using the COPR at a later date. However, on the contrary I have seen numerous posts stating the practice is unlawful with a citation from CIC's website and you cannot hold a valid TRV and COPR/PR at the same time. As the trini saying goes... Gopaul luck is not Seepaul luck and to be safe the best advice would to to send POS VO a clarification email (you can get the email on the PPR letter).

On another note, you can land and use someone's address in Canada who can Fedex/courier you the card to T&T after landing; it is permissible.

Good luck!

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Just an update guys!

So I sent off my passport today using FedEx - I went to DHL first, but they don't facilitate the Prepaid Airway Bill...

I was hoping I could get everything done and sent off when I visited FedEx this morning, but to my surprise, in order to do the prepaid airway bill - I had to create a FedEx Account online (this can only be done using a desktop or laptop computer - not phone).

I had to put the "from" address as POS address and the "to" address as my address.
When I was done putting in all the details I got a printabe airway bill to include in the FedEx Envelope.

FedEx came to my workplace in the evening and collected the passports, pics and the airwaybill and I was able to put my FedEx account number on the form (instead of swiping my card) as the account is already linked to my credit card....

Hope this can help someone;)

Now I wait for visa.....:D

Last edited:

SMV

Jul 5, 2017
Congratulations on your PPR! Are you sending via DHL? If you are it's overnight shipping and POS VO processing is around 5 to 7 working days. So give around 10 to 12 days to get back. And please put the name as it appears on your passport.
Thank you
I actually used UPS because they also had next day delivery but picked it up from my work place... Which is literally a stones throw from the high commission but oh well. I can track the package so I suspect by end of next week I'll be sorted.
And pos vo replied to my email ,which I sent last Fri and confirmed I should fill out my form exactly as seen in my passport as you guys suggested.