+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Applicants from Trinidad & Tobago or with Port of Spain VO

aall

Mar 3, 2020
AOR Received.
19-08-2019
Hey sorry no, what are you looking for? Maybe I can help
HI. I just want to get information on the status of my application as it's been over the 6 months. I tried the web forms but the responses are a bit generic and not detailed.

aall

Mar 3, 2020
AOR Received.
19-08-2019
I used Skype to call. You have to put credit on the account but it’s extremely cheap.

the number is+1 613 944 4000
Follow the options to be transferred to immigration.
Great! Thank you. I will give it a try.

Ree89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Hi guys,

Newcomer to this group. Didn’t know this existed until today. Is there anyone who got aor in Jan 2020?

MSGG20

May 20, 2020
Hey everyone.

Just read through all 47 pages! Thanks for all the great info.

I'm currently working in Asia but hope to move back to Trinidad next year (August 2021) and stay for a year while I apply to migrate to Canada.

Right now I am 26, single, a teacher, no family in Canada and only have a Bachelor's Degree. My score isn't too high (441).

In an effort to raise my score over the next year,
I plan to:

1. Learn basic french
2. Pursue a postgraduate certificate (Are online certificates accepted?)

Is there anything else that I can do to improve my chances over the next year?

Thank you!

Reactions: Garth 117

Garth 117

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Consider trying to get a provincial nomination. Saskatchewan doesn't require a job offer but your profession has to be in demand. Check all the provinces some may have teachers as an in demand. Ensure your post grad will actually add points. And do all this before age 30 please. Your CRS points fall off a cliff after.

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Hey everyone.

Just read through all 47 pages! Thanks for all the great info.

I'm currently working in Asia but hope to move back to Trinidad next year (August 2021) and stay for a year while I apply to migrate to Canada.

Right now I am 26, single, a teacher, no family in Canada and only have a Bachelor's Degree. My score isn't too high (441).

In an effort to raise my score over the next year,
I plan to:

1. Learn basic french
2. Pursue a postgraduate certificate (Are online certificates accepted?)

Is there anything else that I can do to improve my chances over the next year?

Thank you!
I would suggest moving to Canada and doing even a 1 year post grad certification. Focus on the less popular provinces where school might be cheaper and chances of getting a Provincial Nomination higher. As mentioned before, try Saskatchewan provincial nomination program as well-yoy dont need a job offer.

Reactions: Garth 117

Ree89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Hey, anyone from here saw any movement/update on their application? Mine has been stuck waiting for the final review since May 2020. Saw a person in another forum received PPR from our visa office in POS

SSamaroo

Jan 21, 2020
Hi. I saw a ghost update last week so I am planning to order GCMS notes either later this week or next week to try to get more info.Trying my best to be patient but it gets hard sometimes.

AOR Feb 2020 btw.

Ree89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Hi. I saw a ghost update last week so I am planning to order GCMS notes either later this week or next week to try to get more info.Trying my best to be patient but it gets hard sometimes.

AOR Feb 2020 btw.
Hi have you ever ordered gcms notes? If not then I say go right ahead and get them. You can also send a web form in the time being to see if there was any movement. Hopefully it’s some good news as it means that they picked up your application

SSamaroo

Jan 21, 2020
Hi have you ever ordered gcms notes? If not then I say go right ahead and get them. You can also send a web form in the time being to see if there was any movement. Hopefully it’s some good news as it means that they picked up your application
I ordered a set back in July...and back then Eligibity and Security were not yet initiated, so I think the ghost update may be about Eligibility. At this point, any movement would be good!
Hope you get some positive news on your application soon!

Reactions: Ree89

Ree89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
I ordered a set back in July...and back then Eligibity and Security were not yet initiated, so I think the ghost update may be about Eligibility. At this point, any movement would be good!
Hope you get some positive news on your application soon!
Hmm that could very well be the case. In the gcms notes did you see anything from the case analyst? If so then maybe you got final approval from the officer. For example were you pending final approval as well? By checking over your gcms notes you may be able to guess the reason for the update. I hope your eligibility was passed as well and that you are on your way to ppr

SSamaroo

Jan 21, 2020
Hmm that could very well be the case. In the gcms notes did you see anything from the case analyst? If so then maybe you got final approval from the officer. For example were you pending final approval as well? By checking over your gcms notes you may be able to guess the reason for the update. I hope your eligibility was passed as well and that you are on your way to ppr
Hi...according to the notes a program assistant reviewed the docs...but I think that was for the completeness check. So I think I may still be a bit away from pending final approval...but trying to stay positive. I'll let you know if there are any updates on my end though and I hope you get your PPR soon.

Ree89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Hi...according to the notes a program assistant reviewed the docs...but I think that was for the completeness check. So I think I may still be a bit away from pending final approval...but trying to stay positive. I'll let you know if there are any updates on my end though and I hope you get your PPR soon.
Yea that was def for the completeness check. Maybe it was the case analyst then or the final officer. Who knows honestly but you can at least send a web form and ask about it. There have been some people that have been getting ppr for the feb 2020. Hopefully it comes soon for both of us

Ree89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Any got any recent updates? My meds were extended in July

SSamaroo

Jan 21, 2020
Hi, glad to hear about your update! Unfortunately no progress on my end so far, planning to request GCMS notes soon. *fingers crossed*