+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants from Brazil, connect here!

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
maribui said:
Hey, I'll root for you, since my file was likely dropped behind a drawer somewhere at IRCC's office... ??? :p
And I think my file is being used as a coffee mat somewhere in SPVO :p :p :p :p

smlrch said:
Thanks man!

I received the ITA email yesterday night. I am starting to prepare all the documentation. I want to send everything before May 20th.
Good stuff man! Let us know when you get AOR/eAPR by adding yourself to the list!

laisluba

Feb 23, 2017
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
10-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
Oi pessoal!!!!

Meu marido e eu recebemos o ITA dia 12/04. Tentando nos achar no mar de documentos agora...

Alguém indica um studio em São Paulo pra tirar a foto???

Obrigada e boa sorte pra todos!

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
smlrch said:
Thanks man!

I received the ITA email yesterday night. I am starting to prepare all the documentation. I want to send everything before May 20th.
Go for it!!

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
maribui said:
Hey, I'll root for you, since my file was likely dropped behind a drawer somewhere at IRCC's office... ??? :p
LOL! Thank you! I hope they find your file soon! :D

smlrch

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys..

I started filling my Permanent Residence application today and I already have doubts.

I am now filling the Personal History, Personal Activities tab. The thing is they ask to do not leave any gaps. Between Oct.2006 and Nov.2009 I lived in London, UK. I studied english there for some time, but most of the time I was just travelling within England. The options they have there are:

1. educational activity
2. employment
3. military
4. organization
5. incarcerated
6. unemployed
7. homemaker
8. retired

None of them are related to what I was doing there. What is the best to do?

Also, I have to fill the same thing about my wife. As I am not claiming points for her work history, should I mention all her work history there?

Thanks to you all!

jreisg

Mar 22, 2017
I'm no expert but i would include it as Unemployed (maybe educational activity depending on how long you were studying english for). Just make sure you don't leave any gaps and you should be fine.

As for your wife, yes, i would include her work history. Again, don't leave any gaps (just guessing here, i'm a single applicant)

Switching subjects...

Can anyone recommend a private health insurance during the waiting period?

Thanks!

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
smlrch said:
Hey guys..

I started filling my Permanent Residence application today and I already have doubts.

I am now filling the Personal History, Personal Activities tab. The thing is they ask to do not leave any gaps. Between Oct.2006 and Nov.2009 I lived in London, UK. I studied english there for some time, but most of the time I was just travelling within England. The options they have there are:

1. educational activity
2. employment
3. military
4. organization
5. incarcerated
6. unemployed
7. homemaker
8. retired

Also, I have to fill the same thing about my wife. As I am not claiming points for her work history, should I mention all her work history there?

Thanks to you all!
Well, you were partially studying (1. educational activity) and partially travelling (6. unemployed) - right?

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
laisluba said:
Oi pessoal!!!!

Meu marido e eu recebemos o ITA dia 12/04. Tentando nos achar no mar de documentos agora...

Alguém indica um studio em São Paulo pra tirar a foto???

Obrigada e boa sorte pra todos!

Congrats! Any professional photographer will do, however, if you have any 35x45 mm fotos just scan then in at 600 dpi and you'll be fine. For the AOR a simple photo will do (I think even those you get from phone app), when you get the PPR then you'll need to provide professional photos.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
smlrch said:
Hey guys..

1. educational activity
2. employment
3. military
4. organization
5. incarcerated
6. unemployed
7. homemaker
8. retired

Thanks to you all!
I would put unemployed and say you're traveling... Now traveling for more than three years without working will raise attention so be sure to explain this convincingly in your LoE.

smlrch

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply guys.

I still have a few more doubts ::):

• I have a small construction company with my mother and my brother. I am not claiming points for that, should I mention that under Personal Activities? And attach a copy of the "contrato social" and its translation?
  • I am claiming points for paid internship and employment, should I also attach the contract for those? Or first and last paying slips and reference letters are enough?
  • My passaport is from Dec/2016, so all my visas and stamps are in my 02 last passports. Is it better to attach a copy of them aswell or only if they ask me later?
  • Did any of you guys hire a consultant to review the documents before submit? I sent an email to a consultant to ask for the price, but they want to charge me 750CAD for one hour chat. :eek:

Any help will be more than apreciated.

Thaks to you all!

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
smlrch said:
Thanks for the reply guys.

I still have a few more doubts ::):

• I have a small construction company with my mother and my brother. I am not claiming points for that, should I mention that under Personal Activities? And attach a copy of the "contrato social" and its translation?
no need include extra documents, if you're not claiming points just mentioned it in your personal activities and Loe if you want to explain any oddities
  • I am claiming points for paid internship and employment, should I also attach the contract for those? Or first and last paying slips and reference letters are enough?
Paid internships are uncertain grounds, make sure you get rock solid reference letters, which state the salary and weekly work hours (and of course the duties), if you have that then I wouldn't bother with the employment contract
  • My passaport is from Dec/2016, so all my visas and stamps are in my 02 last passports. Is it better to attach a copy of them aswell or only if they ask me later?
No need for previous passports, with your travel history they won't expect any stamps, just attach the bio pages
  • Did any of you guys hire a consultant to review the documents before submit? I sent an email to a consultant to ask for the price, but they want to charge me 750CAD for one hour chat. :eek:
I didn't and I don't recommend you do as some will tell you horror stories to get you to buy their full service, if you just read the information on the forum and make sure you don't make silly mistakes like forgetting a PCC you'll be fine!

[/list]

Any help will be more than apreciated.

Thaks to you all!
See above :)

smlrch

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
See above :)
Thanks for the reply g126!!!

I already have all the reference letters. As I always worked for the same company (where I still work), I asked them to write one letter for each position.

Actually, they asked me to write the letters. As I work in a construction company, for every new building they build they open a new company. So I have two letters as Intern, for two different "CNPJ", and two other (one as Construction Assistant and one as Civil Engineer) for the "CNPJ" I am working now.

But all of them were printed in the same company letterhead (that has all the infos about the main company) and are signed by the same person, so I will explain that better in a LOE.

About the PCC, as I lived in London (UK) for more than 6 months, I asked for a PCC last year, in March. The PCC shows the number of my old passport. Do you think that would be an issue?

Another question, I am reading the CIC website, and they give this info about translations:

Translation of documents

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with a copy of the original document as well as a version translated by a certified translator.

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document.
I have all the originals and translations ("Tradução Juramentada") of all the documents. Do I need to send them a "Copia autenticada" as well?

Thanks to all!

Alexand

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Toronto Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Everyone!

Did you get the pre-arrival email from IRCC? I know sometimes they forget to send it.

Just wanted to let you all know that there are pre-arrival free services for all the people who are coming to Canada as permanent resident and refugee. You don't have to just use one services provider, you can use as many as you like. You can contact NextStopCanada.ca (one of them). They provide referrals to pre-arrival and In-land settlement services. It is a pre-arrival service provided by the YMCA and funded by IRCC. If you are going to Toronto you may visit the various Newcomer Centers across the city to get information until you are as prepared as a local.

Check out their blogs too; they give a lot of information there too.

Wish you all the best of luck!

Alex

JPPR

Feb 13, 2017
Niteroi - RJ
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2016
AOR Received.
13-02-2017
Hey guys, I got my Background check changed back to "Not applicable" today from "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check."

It is moving! I hope this PPR will come very soon ;D

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
smlrch said:
Thanks for the reply g126!!!

I already have all the reference letters. As I always worked for the same company (where I still work), I asked them to write one letter for each position.

Actually, they asked me to write the letters. As I work in a construction company, for every new building they build they open a new company. So I have two letters as Intern, for two different "CNPJ", and two other (one as Construction Assistant and one as Civil Engineer) for the "CNPJ" I am working now.

But all of them were printed in the same company letterhead (that has all the infos about the main company) and are signed by the same person, so I will explain that better in a LOE.

About the PCC, as I lived in London (UK) for more than 6 months, I asked for a PCC last year, in March. The PCC shows the number of my old passport. Do you think that would be an issue?

Another question, I am reading the CIC website, and they give this info about translations:

I have all the originals and translations ("Tradução Juramentada") of all the documents. Do I need to send them a "Copia autenticada" as well?

Thanks to all!
Nope... just the certified translations are fine. No copies needed.