+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants from Brazil, connect here!

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
JPPR said:
Hey guys, I got my Background check changed back to "Not applicable" today from "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check."

It is moving! I hope this PPR will come very soon ;D
This usually means your R10 is done and they should be working on your a11.2 soon.. after which your file will get transferred to SPVO (or Ottawa if you're inland).

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
Good evening, everyone!

I´ll keep checking this thread to get tips for my own process, and to help out others whenever possible. I´ll also keep you in touch about my own process.

For now, I´m in the pre-profile stage. IQAS ECAs are underway and IELTS is scheduled to june 3rd. After that, I´ll apply, so that makes mid-june. Sold our cars to amass proof of funds, plus FGTS next month and tax returns july (saved car transfer receipts, tax statements and will save FGTS withdraw slips for LOE).

I screwed up and put the first money batch in a CDB due feb/2018, but the rest, which should be enough, is divided partly in my wife´s savings account and split in two different fixed investment D+0 withdraw funds from XP Investimentos. They told me they could make letters in english plus statements with fund details and that they´re used to do that for canadian and some other coutries immigration processes. I´ll know that for sure when the time is right. Worse scenario I pull everything to the savings account to make sure I have no trouble giving proof of funds.

For now, I don´t know yet who will be the main applicant. I made my ECA at IQAS instead of WES because my wife has two credentials: a 3 year technical and a 2.5 year technologist. From what I have inquired, WES doesn´t regard technical diplomas, so why not try IQAS. If they accept, she can reach anything between 428 and 445 (depends on IELTS, age). If all else fails, I´m becoming the main applicant. I can´t reach anything beyond 407 before I finish my specialization program, but I´m confident even my profile can be ITA´d since the cutoffs are going downhill... oh well, let´s see how does this canadian quest goes.

As for the ones who already got their PPRs, congrats! Let´s move out, and good luck!

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
joaojr123 said:
Good evening, everyone!

I´ll keep checking this thread to get tips for my own process, and to help out others whenever possible. I´ll also keep you in touch about my own process.

For now, I´m in the pre-profile stage. IQAS ECAs are underway and IELTS is scheduled to june 3rd. After that, I´ll apply, so that makes mid-june. Sold our cars to amass proof of funds, plus FGTS next month and tax returns july (saved car transfer receipts, tax statements and will save FGTS withdraw slips for LOE).

I screwed up and put the first money batch in a CDB due feb/2018, but the rest, which should be enough, is divided partly in my wife´s savings account and split in two different fixed investment D+0 withdraw funds from XP Investimentos. They told me they could make letters in english plus statements with fund details and that they´re used to do that for canadian and some other coutries immigration processes. I´ll know that for sure when the time is right. Worse scenario I pull everything to the savings account to make sure I have no trouble giving proof of funds.

For now, I don´t know yet who will be the main applicant. I made my ECA at IQAS instead of WES because my wife has two credentials: a 3 year technical and a 2.5 year technologist. From what I have inquired, WES doesn´t regard technical diplomas, so why not try IQAS. If they accept, she can reach anything between 428 and 445 (depends on IELTS, age). If all else fails, I´m becoming the main applicant. I can´t reach anything beyond 407 before I finish my specialization program, but I´m confident even my profile can be ITA´d since the cutoffs are going downhill... oh well, let´s see how does this canadian quest goes.

As for the ones who already got their PPRs, congrats! Let´s move out, and good luck!
Boa João! Good luck :)

smlrch

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

How many paying slips are you sending together with the reference letter? I am thinking of sending first and last for each position , what do you think ?

dhvs

May 31, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Nomination.....
23-09-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
smlrch said:
Hey guys,

How many paying slips are you sending together with the reference letter? I am thinking of sending first and last for each position , what do you think ?
I didn't send a single payment slip. Are you self-employed? Otherwise, from my perspective, the reference letter should be enough (considering you will provide bank statements).

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
smlrch said:
Hey guys,

Unless you´re applying for OINP, you shouldn´t need them. Only OINP requires proof of compensation (pay slips, bank statements that confirm salary payment or tax statements).

smlrch

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh.. ok!

Probably that is why. I just applied for OINP a month ago, so I have all these documents ready (paying slips). However, I received ITA on April 19th, so I am going to forget about OINP and go with ITA. Just wanted to check the documents to be sent.

Thanks once again guys!

aluanaguimaraes

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
Passport Req..
06/12/2017
Oi gente!!

This waiting period is killing me! AOR 27, no medicals passed yet (although I know it's far too early).

I'm getting extremely anxious.

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
aluanaguimaraes said:
Oi gente!!

This waiting period is killing me! AOR 27, no medicals passed yet (although I know it's far too early).

I'm getting extremely anxious.
Inland or outland?

aluanaguimaraes

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
Passport Req..
06/12/2017

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
aluanaguimaraes said:
I'm Inland too, but I'm CEC.
FSW just takes way too long...

aluanaguimaraes

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
Passport Req..
06/12/2017
cmoncanada said:
I'm Inland too, but I'm CEC.
FSW just takes way too long...
Sorry, it's outland. I don't know why I typed inland

From your timeline it seems that you're ppr is on the way!!

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
aluanaguimaraes said:
Sorry, it's outland. I don't know why I typed inland

From your timeline it seems that you're ppr is on the way!!
I hope so.

smlrch

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys.

I received ITA last draw at exactly 415. The thing is I am also about to be nominated by the OINP.

I am afraid that if I apply with this ITA I received, and they don't consider something in my application (work experience for example) I might be rejected, so I am thinking of decline this ITA and wait for the nomination (my status at the OINP is "Decision in Progress").

I am already decided to live in Ontario as I have family there.

What would you guys suggest?

dhvs

May 31, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Nomination.....
23-09-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
smlrch said:
Hey guys.

I received ITA last draw at exactly 415. The thing is I am also about to be nominated by the OINP.

I am afraid that if I apply with this ITA I received, and they don't consider something in my application (work experience for example) I might be rejected, so I am thinking of decline this ITA and wait for the nomination (my status at the OINP is "Decision in Progress").

I am already decided to live in Ontario as I have family there.

What would you guys suggest?
This is a very personal decision. I passed through something related to it.

When I applied to EE last year, minimum invited CRS scores were above 480 and mine (475) wasn't good at that time (yes, things have changed dramatically!).
I applied to SINP and waited until the last week to accept the nomination - since it meant that there was no way back to get ITA without PNP.
I accepted the nomination and guess what? On the following week, there was an "excepcional" ITA inviting everyone with 475+. I was brutally sad for not having the right (in theory, but I'm going with it) to choose my province anymore, and got ITA with the additional 600 points. If I had rejected nomination, I would have gone with FSW and may have already received PR by now. On the other hand, the PNP (even if it's so damn slower in SPVO) gave me "peace of mind" due to a prior verification on my documents, and also for having the nomination letter for 1 year - which allows me to reapply to EE and quickly get ITA in case of any problems.

In a nutshell: it's your journey and there is no right or wrong. If you go with OINP, besides the much slower provincial process, the PR application will take much longer comparing to FSW, given the SPVO average time. On the other hand, you would get that "peace of mind" thing I described, having the nomination letter to ensure you can quickly reapply to PR in case of problems. Maybe your time expectations could decide your approach - do you have time to wait the whole PNP part (over 1 year in some cases)? Either way, it's up to you. And good luck with the decision!

g126 would also be able to provide a good point of view, he has waited the whole OINP processing and now he's waiting for PR.

In my case, I'm reaching the 6-month mark since AOR next week, couldn't be more anxious! :'(