+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PGWP 18 months extension apply online detailed released (Jan 27. 2021 new)

Gujjar/00

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Manitoba Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2020
AOR Received.
September 02, 2021
Med's Request
September 02 medical passed initially but got a request for additional testing in a separate email
Med's Done....
Upfront medical on august 26, 2021
I applied for the PGWP extension. I got approved yesterday but my spouse application is still not approved. Has anyone experience same thing ?
how long it took for the approval?

Ouss950

Jul 23, 2021
Hey guys,

Help needed! So my PGWP expired in February 2021 but because I am doing a masters I have a study permit in Canada. Recently, I got a co-op internship and I applied for a coop work permit and renewed my pgwp before the July 27th. As you know coop work permits take so long, I was wondering if I can start my coop with my implied status from my Pgwp (it expired in feb 2021 but i renewed it on July 25th)

Gujjar/00

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Manitoba Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2020
AOR Received.
September 02, 2021
Med's Request
September 02 medical passed initially but got a request for additional testing in a separate email
Med's Done....
Upfront medical on august 26, 2021
Hey guys,

Help needed! So my PGWP expired in February 2021 but because I am doing a masters I have a study permit in Canada. Recently, I got a co-op internship and I applied for a coop work permit and renewed my pgwp before the July 27th. As you know coop work permits take so long, I was wondering if I can start my coop with my implied status from my Pgwp (it expired in feb 2021 but i renewed it on July 25th)
I was wondering how come you’re holding a study permit and a PGWP (or intending to) at the same time?
Being a TFW one is not supposed to attend school as it is illegal

Ouss950

Jul 23, 2021
I applied for that doc (pgwp) after graduating from my undergrad thinking i was going to work but then decided to go do my masters degree and i have never used my pgwp for work, they gave me a study permit

monu030

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Hello Everyone,

My spouse and my work permit extensions under the public policy got approved today.

Here are the details:
  • Applied on June 9, 2021.
  • The original work permit was valid for three years and expired in mid-July, and since then, we were on Maintained status.
  • Eligibility started yesterday (July 28, 2021) (no email received, got to know by login into mycic account).
  • Approved today (July 29, 2021) (no email received, got to know by login into mycic account).
  • Also, we submitted new medical, which we gave for our permanent residency application and was less than 12 months old. The Officer hasn't reviewed medical for this application.
  • The total processing time was 50 days.

If you have questions, feel free to ask me. I will try my best to help you all!

hx666

Jul 29, 2021
Hi, guys. I applied for the PGWP extension and got approved on July 23, 2021; however, I haven't received a refund of open work permit fee $100 until today, should I contact IRCC? :(

monu030

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Hi, guys. I applied for the PGWP extension and got approved on July 23, 2021; however, I haven't received a refund of open work permit fee $100 until today, should I contact IRCC? :(
My permit was approved on July 29, I contacted IRCC on August 6 and they said the refund hasn't been initiated yet and they put a request to initiate a refund. I think you can call IRCC and try to confirm whether the refund has been initiated in your case or not.

Reactions: pigface

hx666

Jul 29, 2021
My permit was approved on July 29, I contacted IRCC on August 6 and they said the refund hasn't been initiated yet and they put a request to initiate a refund. I think you can call IRCC and try to confirm whether the refund has been initiated in your case or not.
Thank you for your information. I'll call them this week. ;)

Gurpreet Singh0009

Star Member
Sep 15, 2021
Hey I need urget help.. I applied My work permit extension on 11 july and my permit will expire on nov 8 . But as of today i did not get any response from ircc.anyone have idea how much time it will take and there is any chance of refusal. Thank you very much.