+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PGWP 18 months extension apply online detailed released (Jan 27. 2021 new)

Afra-Sunnix

Jul 19, 2021
Hey! The IRCC website is correct. Im in the same situation and needed to stop working immediately. Have you heard back about your application?
Nothing yet...but what is that news in CIC news website/?

Also, it's not my fault when they send you wrong information.. I don't want to lose my job! I also sent a webform asked for interim work permit authorization last night...it's so disappointing!

Fkho

Jul 1, 2021
I did the same thing, but got a refusal letter coz the interim work authorization only applies to closed work permit holder!

Unfortunately u need to let ur employer know about the situation and stop working immediately like i did. In case the IRCC penalize you for working illegally.

Let’s share news so we can keep each other updated!

Reactions: Afra-Sunnix

monu030

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
I did the same thing, but got a refusal letter coz the interim work authorization only applies to closed work permit holder!

Unfortunately u need to let ur employer know about the situation and stop working immediately like i did. In case the IRCC penalize you for working illegally.

Let’s share news so we can keep each other updated!
Hello, could you please share the reason why your PGWP extension application got refused?

edgarodonell

Mar 10, 2021
I have been waiting for more than 60 days now.
Processing time was 77 days at the time of my application. Right now it is 135 days.

Hey Deepanshu96, How you doing mate ? Any updates on your Visa, haven't heard about mine yet. Been a while so just checking with you :)

Gujjar/00

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Manitoba Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2020
AOR Received.
September 02, 2021
Med's Request
September 02 medical passed initially but got a request for additional testing in a separate email
Med's Done....
Upfront medical on august 26, 2021
Hi folks
I would appreciate someone’s advice on it.
My current PGWP expires in December 2021. I’ve applied for PR but haven’t received my AOR yet even though it’s been more than 9 months since I submitted my paper based PR application, which means I can’t apply for BOWP. Therefore I was thinking to apply for PGWP extension under public policy. Now the problem is that I do meet all the criteria for PGWP extension under this policy except that my work permit doesn’t expire within 4 months window from the due date to apply for it.
so keeping this in mind what should I do?
Should I take a chance?
Has someone did this before and what was the outcome?

thanks very much in advance!

monu030

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Hi folks
I would appreciate someone’s advice on it.
My current PGWP expires in December 2021. I’ve applied for PR but haven’t received my AOR yet even though it’s been more than 9 months since I submitted my paper based PR application, which means I can’t apply for BOWP. Therefore I was thinking to apply for PGWP extension under public policy. Now the problem is that I do meet all the criteria for PGWP extension under this policy except that my work permit doesn’t expire within 4 months window from the due date to apply for it.
so keeping this in mind what should I do?
Should I take a chance?
Has someone did this before and what was the outcome?

thanks very much in advance!
I am not a consultant, but after doing research for PGWP extension under new public policy. I think it's not a good idea to apply under this policy in your case. People with an expiring work permit until Nov 27, 2021, seem to be eligible.

dp_mtl

Jul 25, 2021
I am not a consultant, but after doing research for PGWP extension under new public policy. I think it's not a good idea to apply under this policy in your case. People with an expiring work permit until Nov 27, 2021, seem to be eligible.
I am not a consultant either. However, I have hard time to understand why he is not eligible based on criterion 1.a?

To be eligible for this open work permit, you must meet the following 5 requirements:
1. Your post-graduation work permit (PGWP)
a. expired on or after January 30, 2020, or
b. will expire within 4 months from the date you apply for this open work permit.

huxing0522

Dec 14, 2019
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
Med's Done....
23-03-2021
LANDED..........
16-08-2021
I am not a consultant either. However, I have hard time to understand why he is not eligible based on criterion 1.a?

To be eligible for this open work permit, you must meet the following 5 requirements:
1. Your post-graduation work permit (PGWP)
a. expired on or after January 30, 2020, or
b. will expire within 4 months from the date you apply for this open work permit.
Because the program will expire on Jul 27,that means the date is the last day you submit application of extend work permit.According b. will expire within 4 months from the date you apply for this open work, it means when you submit application your work permit will expire on Nov 27.And this guy's pgwp expire in Dec,so he can't match submit before 4 months.

dp_mtl

Jul 25, 2021
I got the b. part, but still the "or" (at end of a. statement) is essentially saying that if you fit into a. or b., you are basically eligible to criterion 1, make sense?

huxing0522

Dec 14, 2019
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
Med's Done....
23-03-2021
LANDED..........
16-08-2021
I got the b. part, but still the "or" (at end of a. statement) is essentially saying that if you fit into a. or b., you are basically eligible to criterion 1, make sense?
So If my pgwp expire on Jul,2024 then I match the program.It obviously unreasonable.

Gujjar/00

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Manitoba Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2020
AOR Received.
September 02, 2021
Med's Request
September 02 medical passed initially but got a request for additional testing in a separate email
Med's Done....
Upfront medical on august 26, 2021
Hi
My PGWP is expiring on Dec 4th but the last day to apply for the 18 month extentionis july 27th. Please Advice
Hey, I am in the same situation like you and I applied for it yesterday to see my luck. I believe if you get it approved...that's a hit and in the case otherwise you will still have your status valid until Dec 4th.

Choice is yours.

88ovidos

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
I applied for the PGWP extension. I got approved yesterday but my spouse application is still not approved. Has anyone experience same thing ?