+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PGWP 18 months extension apply online detailed released (Jan 27. 2021 new)

Rdeep18

Nov 4, 2019
Could please give information about new policy of work permit. What documents are required to apply for extension?

ROYASH

Mar 25, 2021
hi everyone, i am applying for PGWP extension. seeking help regarding writing the explanation letter. What Should I include in the letter. i have been working full time since jan 2020, My PR application is in the process as well. Experts opinion will be much appreciated.

ROYASH

Mar 25, 2021
Hi there,
Here is mine, but your may need to change a bit to fit your situation. Cheers!

Name:______________________
Address: ___________________
Phone: _____________________
Email: _____________________

UCI/IUC: ________________

January 31, 2021

Subject: Letter of Explanation – Open Work Permit under the Public Policy with the additional documents of expired PGWP and Visitor Record Restoration's proof and receipt

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holders. Also, I've attached the expired PGWP, and Visitor Record Restoration's (application no. V______________) receipt and proof that I've applied for on January ___, 2021, to this letter.

Lastly, I have also attached the history of Education and Employment from the past 10 years as there is not enough space to add to imm5710e. (Appendix I: Education, Appendix II: Employment history from the past 10 years)

Please let me know if there is anything else you need or further information.

Thank you very much for taking the time and patience with my application.

Yours sincerely,

(Full name)
hi , did you get your new work permit already?

Apr 8, 2021
I called IRCC yesterday and they told me same thing. Just I have to be in Canada when applying.
I really appreciate your input. :)
Hi i have the same kind of issue. I was in india on 27th jan and came back to canada in march ending. I also have pgwp which expires in june. So should i apply for extension under pilot program or not? I am not sure whether being in india for 2 months can stop me from getting pgwp extension or not? Did you get extension?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi i have the same kind of issue. I was in india on 27th jan and came back to canada in march ending. I also have pgwp which expires in june. So should i apply for extension under pilot program or not? I am not sure whether being in india for 2 months can stop me from getting pgwp extension or not? Did you get extension?
You can certainly try. I don't think any of us here can tell you if you will be approved or not. Technically you do not meet the requirements. But who knows, you might get lucky and get an approval.

jhunix

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi all, I'm just confused. Am I eligible for CEC if I have two NOC job B in order to get the 1-year experience? I have 9-months of NOC job B- Drafting Technician, and it is so hard to find a job right now so I planned to work as a Food Supervisor. After I gained 3 months of work experience as a Food Supervisor, can I apply under CEC with two NOC job B (Drafting Technician 9-months and Food Supervisor - 3 months)? Please I need your insight. Thank you in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all, I'm just confused. Am I eligible for CEC if I have two NOC job B in order to get the 1-year experience? I have 9-months of NOC job B- Drafting Technician, and it is so hard to find a job right now so I planned to work as a Food Supervisor. After I gained 3 months of work experience as a Food Supervisor, can I apply under CEC with two NOC job B (Drafting Technician 9-months and Food Supervisor - 3 months)? Please I need your insight. Thank you in advance.
Yes, you can apply if you have the hours of full-time work.

Reactions: jhunix

jayreddy

Sep 20, 2018
Hi All,

I’m eligible for public policy work permit. My PGWP expires on 22 nov 2021. I have to travel to india in may 2021. In new work permit they said one condition as
“You were in Canada as of January 27, 2021, when the public policy took effect, and have stayed in Canada since then”

Will it effect my work permit extension if I travel to india in may? as they said stayed in canada since then.
I’m traveling to india because of health conditions.

Please let me know if anyone had similar situation and applied for public policy work permit.

jayreddy

Sep 20, 2018
Hi All,

I’m eligible for public policy work permit. My PGWP expires on 22 nov 2021. I have to travel to india in may 2021. In new work permit they said one condition as
“You were in Canada as of January 27, 2021, when the public policy took effect, and have stayed in Canada since then”

I’m in canada as of Jan 27.
Will it effect my work permit extension if I travel to india in May for 4 weeks? as they said stayed in canada since then.

Please let me know if anyone had similar situation and applied for public policy work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

Will it effect my work permit extension if I travel to india in may? as they said stayed in canada since then.

You can’t apply for the permit until 4 months before expiry of your PGWP as per the rules. Apply in July when you are in Canada. Do you have a job to re-enter Canada.

jayreddy

Sep 20, 2018
You can’t apply for the permit until 4 months before expiry of your PGWP as per the rules. Apply in July when you are in Canada. Do you have a job to re-enter Canada.
Thanks for response. I have a NOC B category job. I’m planning to travel in may and will come back in June 1st week. I’m planning to apply work permit extension in July. My concern is if I travel to india for one month will I eligible for Public policy work permit?
As they said “since then” in the following condition “You were in Canada as of January 27, 2021, when the public policy took effect, and have stayed in Canada since then”.

jayreddy

Sep 20, 2018
Thanks for response. I have a NOC B category job. I’m planning to travel in may and will come back in June 1st week. I’m planning to apply work permit extension in July. My concern is if I travel to india for one month will I eligible for Public policy work permit?
As they said “since then” in the following condition “You were in Canada as of January 27, 2021, when the public policy took effect, and have stayed in Canada since then”.
Please someone help me on this