+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PGWP 18 months extension apply online detailed released (Jan 27. 2021 new)

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Folks hope everyone is keeping safe, after obtaining physical copy of pgwp extension,

how does one use it to apply for TRV (Is that the only visa one can apply for while our PR application is in process)?
Is there a specific TRV application link one needs to use ? looking for some pointers to start on it... :) :)

Cheers!
On the questionnaire, you will have option for trv

Reactions: edgarodonell

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Folks hope everyone is keeping safe, after obtaining physical copy of pgwp extension,

how does one use it to apply for TRV (Is that the only visa one can apply for while our PR application is in process)?
Is there a specific TRV application link one needs to use ? looking for some pointers to start on it... :) :)

Cheers!
You cant apply TRV on the same application it has to be seperate if you are asking about visa stamp.on your passport.i thought same as there is an application form.included too.in my PGWP applicatiom(u will get those forms based on your questionarrie answers) but i didnt got any passport request.Hence i got to apply again it seperately for BOWP when enquired through IRCC agent i got to know.we should always apply it seperately for passport stamp(TRV)

Reactions: edgarodonell

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello everyone, can you please tell me how to submit LOE and where to submit in the account? Also what should I choose for employer part in IMM 5710 form ? Please can you explain me what documents we need ? I appreciate your response.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Hello everyone, can you please tell me how to submit LOE and where to submit in the account? Also what should I choose for employer part in IMM 5710 form ? Please can you explain me what documents we need ? I appreciate your response.
LoE you got to link it in the optional documentation also make a pdf with LOE+previous PGWPas one file amd upload it in optional documentation.
You mean in sec 2a under intended work in canada? If so as u r already working in canada dont worry about it and fill only from section3

Documents you need are passport stamped pages pdf file,passport photo, imm5710 filled up form,medicals upfront form (if you have done it in the past 12months you can upload it) and under optional doc LOE+old PGWP

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
LoE you got to link it in the optional documentation also make a pdf with LOE+previous PGWPas one file amd upload it in optional documentation.
You mean in sec 2a under intended work in canada? If so as u r already working in canada dont worry about it and fill only from section3

Documents you need are passport stamped pages pdf file,passport photo, imm5710 filled up form,medicals upfront form (if you have done it in the past 12months you can upload it) and under optional doc LOE+old PGWP
I don’t see any option for additional documents there. It shows client information tab . Should I upload there ?

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
I don’t see any option for additional documents there. It shows client information tab . Should I upload there ?
It will say optional documents i guess didnt remember exactly now i camt see it after approval it shows all documents as supporting documents and application IMM5710 under application form.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
What should I mention in LOE ? Any idea or format you can share ? I really appreciate your response:)
Subject: Letter of Explanation — Optional Documentation.
Attached: (1) old Post Graduation Work Permit
Dear Officer,
I am writing you this letter to inform that I am applying for the open work permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former or Current Post- Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holders.
I have applied for the Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) on May xx, 2020, which is going to expire on May xx, 2021, and my Permanent Residence application under Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is still under processing. To continue my stay with the fulltime job at (employer name). I got to know through an IRCC agent and from website that I'm eligible to apply for PGWP under new public policy as my previous PGWP expired on July ××, 2020.
I have also attached my old PGWP copy to this letter for confirmation and I am of course at your disposal to provide you with any additional documents that you deem useful for the processing of my open work permit under public policy.
Thank you in advance for the time devoted towards the processing of my application.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Dear Officer,
I am writing you this letter to inform that I am applying for the open work permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former or Current Post- Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holders.
I have applied for the Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) on May xx, 2020, which is going to expire on May xx, 2021, and my Permanent Residence application under Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is still under processing. To continue my stay with the fulltime job at (employer name). I got to know through an IRCC agent and from website that I'm eligible to apply for PGWP under new public policy as my previous PGWP expired on July ××, 2020.
I have also attached my old PGWP copy to this letter for confirmation and I am of course at your disposal to provide you with any additional documents that you deem useful for the processing of my open work permit under public policy.
Thank you in advance for the time devoted towards the processing of my application.
I have my BOWP expiring next month and the reason i included make sure to change yours based on ur case...make sure the first paragraph is same as CIC website mentions particulary about it to include in LOE so tge officer is aware of which category you are applying otherwise they will consider as regular PGWP and will either request for offer letter or will reject directly...as for regular PGWP you need to include Job offer letter but for this new public policy PGWP you dont need to as ur PR file already have that data

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Dear Officer,
Thank you alot :) . How long it
Took for your application?