+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PGWP 18 months extension apply online detailed released (Jan 27. 2021 new)

Deepanshu96

Jul 20, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
04-05-2021
AOR Received.
28-06-2021
Med's Done....
27-05-2021
Bro what should be option 2nd in IMM 5710 what are you applying for open work permit with same employer, new employer, restoration?
You can upload the letter under Client Information.
As for the question, go for Open work permit for new employer. It doesn’t matter either way.
I went with open work permit with same employer and still received extended pgwp.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
You can upload the letter under Client Information.
As for the question, go for Open work permit for new employer. It doesn’t matter either way.
I went with open work permit with same employer and still received extended pgwp.
What about employer information? What should i put there ? Can you share LOE format if you don’t mind :)

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
It’s asking me to pay biometrics fees ? Any clue :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE

U didnt gave fingerprints for your PR or any other visa purpose in the last 5-7yrs once given valid for 10yrs and during the questionarrie u have to select already provided. I guess you might have selected mot provided thats why its asking you

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
No I never gave biometrics. If I select no it ask me to pay fees.
No i mean to say before you start your application there will be a set of questions based on ur answers which you will provide the system will generate the application forms and other documents that need from you..

Last edited:

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
No I never gave biometrics. If I select no it ask me to pay fees.
Hang on are you applying for this first time and u didnt have any PR processing or work.permit visas in the past?
If u have PR processing you should have got biometric request unless you applied recently and in that case you have to pay but if you got request for PR biometrics too incase u applied for it. To whichever application you submit fingerprints the other application will refund the biometrics fee once it is approved.if you dont get refund after approval wait for 6 weeks and then claim to IRCC they will initiate the refund

Deepanshu96

Jul 20, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
04-05-2021
AOR Received.
28-06-2021
Med's Done....
27-05-2021
What about employer information? What should i put there ? Can you share LOE format if you don’t mind :)
If you choose the option “ Apply for an Open Work Permit for new employer” you don’t need to fill in employer information. It’s not required.
As for the letter format, someone above gave a better format. Go with that.

also, if you never applied for biometrics you would need to give it for your WP. You would have to pay the applicable fees.

edgarodonell

Mar 10, 2021
You cant apply TRV on the same application it has to be seperate if you are asking about visa stamp.on your passport.i thought same as there is an application form.included too.in my PGWP applicatiom(u will get those forms based on your questionarrie answers) but i didnt got any passport request.Hence i got to apply again it seperately for BOWP when enquired through IRCC agent i got to know.we should always apply it seperately for passport stamp(TRV)

Thank you for the detailed info @RAMAAA91 I will apply for TRV seperately then ! Kind of you.
Wonder how long does this one take if you apply online ?

Gsingh13

May 1, 2021
Hi guys
I have one question regarding my PGWP
It’s expiring on October 2021 am I eligible to apply for 18 month extension PGWP
Thanks

Mario Andres

May 2, 2021
Hi everyone,

I think right now I qualify for this new Public Policy PGWP extension, and a Bridging Open Work Permit Work (BOWP), and here where I need some advice for which one I should go.

Here a little bit of Background:

I submitted a complete PR application under the CEC last week.
I received the Acknowledgement of Receipt
My PGWP expires TOMORROW May 3, 2021

Even though I am confident I submitted all the correct documents in my PR application, I still need to consider the worst scenario which could be a rejection of my PR application. For this reason, I am thinking to apply for the PGWP extension since I can get up to 18 months regardless if my PR application gets rejected or not, and that gives me enough time to submit my Express Entry Profile again, unlikely the BOWP that expires when the decision in my PR is made. However, even though I meet the 5 requirements to qualify for a PGWP extension mentioned on the canada.ca website, I don’t know if I could get rejected because the fact I am in the PR process and I could have initially applied for a BOWP. Is it only those 5 requirements enough to get an extension on my PGWP for 18 months regardless if I am on the PR process and I could have initially applied for a BOWP? Also, does everyone get 18 months of extension from the date of approval if their passport is valid for at least 18 months from the date of approval?

I have these doubts because this public policy was originally made for those students who have been impacted by the pandemic.

Thanks!

Mario

Rojaj16

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hi everyone,

I think right now I qualify for this new Public Policy PGWP extension, and a Bridging Open Work Permit Work (BOWP), and here where I need some advice for which one I should go.

Here a little bit of Background:

I submitted a complete PR application under the CEC last week.
I received the Acknowledgement of Receipt
My PGWP expires TOMORROW May 3, 2021

Even though I am confident I submitted all the correct documents in my PR application, I still need to consider the worst scenario which could be a rejection of my PR application. For this reason, I am thinking to apply for the PGWP extension since I can get up to 18 months regardless if my PR application gets rejected or not, and that gives me enough time to submit my Express Entry Profile again, unlikely the BOWP that expires when the decision in my PR is made. However, even though I meet the 5 requirements to qualify for a PGWP extension mentioned on the canada.ca website, I don’t know if I could get rejected because the fact I am in the PR process and I could have initially applied for a BOWP. Is it only those 5 requirements enough to get an extension on my PGWP for 18 months regardless if I am on the PR process and I could have initially applied for a BOWP? Also, does everyone get 18 months of extension from the date of approval if their passport is valid for at least 18 months from the date of approval?

I have these doubts because this public policy was originally made for those students who have been impacted by the pandemic.

Thanks!

Mario
Hi best decision is to go for PGWP as it has 18 months nowadays PR process takes long time than expected, I submitted my PR application last week but still went for PGWP and got approval 3 days back.

Mario Andres

May 2, 2021
Hi best decision is to go for PGWP as it has 18 months nowadays PR process takes long time than expected, I submitted my PR application last week but still went for PGWP and got approval 3 days back.
Thank you very much for your reply Rojaj16!

...Got another question: Since my PGWP expires tomorrow (May 3, 2021), Can I just apply for the PGWP extension without restoring my status since I still have one day of a valid PGWP before my expiration date which is tomorrow? Or do I also have to restore my status as a visitor, or BOWP along with the PGWP?

Thank you!