+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PGWP 18 months extension apply online detailed released (Jan 27. 2021 new)

T1793C

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
Hi i am on PGWP expiring on june 19 2021
Applied for extension on Feb 20 2021
biometric is done got extension for 4 days till june 22 2021
but still waiting for approval for 18months and i need to travel to India for emergency .
Can i travel ? i do have TRV till June
Yes you can travel, I came back 7 days before my permit expired in January. I showed proof of a job with my payslip and my lease.

Plus they will see that you applied for an extension which makes it better.

Mr J

Mar 16, 2021
Yes you can travel, I came back 7 days before my permit expired in January. I showed proof of a job with my payslip and my lease.

Plus they will see that you applied for an extension which makes it better.
awesome thank you so much for your assistance :)

edgarodonell

Mar 10, 2021
Y'all amazing thanks for all the info CripplingYogi!!

yes, I'm in Canada. I'll apply for TRV after first obtaining the work permit extension then.

Thanks for the important reminder. Damn.. so even if I get TRV+ work permit I wont be able to come back if I step out of the country... that feels somewhat unfair since they allow citizens to move around in and out.

Thanks for all the info guys !! Applied Mar 11, approved Mar 18.

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Hello guys
Wanted to reach out and ask that my PGWP expires on July 14,2021 so I am planning to apply for extension
However, I wanted to ask if I can add my wife into my application. My wife has never been to Canada doesn’t hold any SOWP in the past.
Am I allowed to add her into my application
Let me know.
Please and thank you

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Hello guys
Wanted to reach out and ask that my PGWP expires on July 14,2021 so I am planning to apply for extension
However, I wanted to ask if I can add my wife into my application. My wife has never been to Canada doesn’t hold any SOWP in the past.
Am I allowed to add her into my application
Let me know.
Please and thank you
It shouldn't be a problem if you're working in a NOC 0,A or B and attach a letter of employment along with past few pay slips and marriage certificate in her application

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
Did anyone apply for PGWP extension under new public policy who has been nominated by a Province.

I have employer restricted PNP nomination, i am not sure if i can apply for PGWP extension under this policy because it asks in the application form “Have you been issued a certificate under the Provincial Nominee Program?”

Does anyone know?

nik7484

Jul 31, 2018
hi friends, need help to get my work permit extended under new policy. my pgwp expires on May 5th, already read the thread, still confused on what all I should include in the LOE. Any recommendations are highly appreciated. Thanks.
Also, how and where to start. Any links?

Last edited:

ROYASH

Mar 25, 2021
hi everyone, how long it takes to process the PGWP extension?

My post graduate work permit will be expiring on june 2021, should i apply for the extension ASAP or should I wait and apply on May ?

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
PGWP Extension

Applied: March 21, 2021
4 months extension: March 22, 2021
Ghost Update: March 25, 2021.
Approved: March 26, 2021.
Buddy congrats and i need your help if you dont mind and thats pretty fast..im elgible to PGWP as my first PGWP expired after jan 2020..currently my BOWP expiring in may so i was suggested by agent o apply for PGWP instead. CAN YOU CONFIRM TGE APPLICATION CODE NUMBER IT SAYS IMM5710..Is that the right one because i used same for my BOWP?

progrey

Star Member
Jul 29, 2018
My post graduate work permit expired in December and now am on implied Visitor record status. I don't have a job offer right now. Can I apply for the open work permit under this public policy or do I need a job offer?

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
Buddy congrats and i need your help if you dont mind and thats pretty fast..im elgible to PGWP as my first PGWP expired after jan 2020..currently my BOWP expiring in may so i was suggested by agent o apply for PGWP instead. CAN YOU CONFIRM TGE APPLICATION CODE NUMBER IT SAYS IMM5710..Is that the right one because i used same for my BOWP?
I am not sure if you are eligible to apply because you have BOWP (please double-check with someone). And yes, the form is the same. The only difference is that you need to attach a letter that says you’re applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former or Current Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holders.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/pgwp-extend.html

Reactions: RAMAAA91

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
I am not sure if you are eligible to apply because you have BOWP (please double-check with someone). And yes, the form is the same. The only difference is that you need to attach a letter that says you’re applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former or Current Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holders.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/pgwp-extend.html
Appreciate man for the reply managed to get the info im looking for.. thank you

Reactions: dkincanada