+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PGWP 18 months extension apply online detailed released (Jan 27. 2021 new)

JJAiden

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
I submitted my application for PGWP extension on Feb 15th and saw Application Updated status when I logged in today showing application as approved. No email or request to submit passport yet though. Is that normal? Will I get an email/message for submitting passport for stamping later?
Did you get the PPR email?

islandlife

May 26, 2020
Hey everyone, I received my extension approval today. I applied on Feb 10, so it took a total of 20days just to let you know. I have some peace of mind while waiting for my PR now.

Does anyone know how we are supposed to receive the new work permit? Will they send it in mail?

Reactions: JJAiden

JJAiden

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hey everyone, I received my extension approval today. I applied on Feb 10, so it took a total of 20days just to let you know. I have some peace of mind while waiting for my PR now.

Does anyone know how we are supposed to receive the new work permit? Will they send it in mail?
Congratulations!!!

By reading the threads I understand that you will receive the hard copy via mail.

Do you know what is the refund (open work permit fee) mentioned in CIC website under new policy for 18 months PGWP?

Did you receive it after approval?

Reactions: islandlife

islandlife

May 26, 2020
Congratulations!!!

By reading the threads I understand that you will receive the hard copy via mail.

Do you know what is the refund (open work permit fee) mentioned in CIC website under new policy for 18 months PGWP?

Did you receive it after approval?
Thanks! We are supposed to receive $100 back as this is a permit “extension” not an issuance of a new one. I haven’t received the money yet. That might take a few days.

Reactions: JJAiden

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
I submitted my application for PGWP extension on Feb 15th and saw Application Updated status when I logged in today showing application as approved. No email or request to submit passport yet though. Is that normal? Will I get an email/message for submitting passport for stamping later?
You dont submit passport for the extension. The email takes 1 day to send.

railoc

Dec 11, 2020
My husband and I applied he applied for PGWP extension under the new policy and I applied for SOWP under him.
Applied: Jan 28,202
Approved: May 2, 2021

My husband got approved but I didn’t. They said I was refused because I couldn’t proved that my husband was a skilled worker. I don’t understand if he got approved why wouldn’t I. He applied and we applied for me under him. Can someone explain how that works.

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
My husband and I applied he applied for PGWP extension under the new policy and I applied for SOWP under him.
Applied: Jan 28,202
Approved: May 2, 2021

My husband got approved but I didn’t. They said I was refused because I couldn’t proved that my husband was a skilled worker. I don’t understand if he got approved why wouldn’t I. He applied and we applied for me under him. Can someone explain how that works.
When did your previous work permit expired? This new policy is only for pgwp holders, not sure if you had an open work permit previously?

Edit: check this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/public-policy-competitiveness-economy.html#skilled-workers

railoc

Dec 11, 2020
My work permit expired in October 2020. I know the new policy is for pgwp but I am eligible to get a SOWP since my husband has a work permit. They said I was refused because I didn’t attach his letter of employment, however we did attach it under his optional documents when we applied for both together and not under my optional documents

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
My work permit expired in October 2020. I know the new policy is for pgwp but I am eligible to get a SOWP since my husband has a work permit. They said I was refused because I didn’t attach his letter of employment, however we did attach it under his optional documents when we applied for both together and not under my optional documents
Is the skill in 0, A or B? Maybe the offer letter did not explain his duties clearly?

nee_p

Oct 26, 2018
Anyone in the situation where their pgwp is expiring just after 27 November 2021? Basically just after the 4months expiry requirement.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
I think you should've attached his letter of employment under your application. I myself just applied for our extension and forgot to attach the letter... so I had to send a webform on behalf of my wife with it attached. Maybe you can do the same and add a letter of explanation along with it?
Good luck...