+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PGWP 18 months extension apply online detailed released (Jan 27. 2021 new)

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
Hi everyone,
My PGWP expires on June 27,2021.. I have already applied for PR on May 19,2020 and it’s still in progress.. My spouse has OWP expires on the same day as mine June 27,2021... Now I am eligible to apply for both BOWP or PGWP Extension( I prefer PGWP extension as it has a validity of 18 months and its independent of PR)
Can you please suggest which one to apply and can I add my spouse as well in my PGWP extension application ?
If I can apply, what are the documents I need to provide them ?
Note: I am in NOC A level job for more than 2 years now.
Wait at least until April, you may get PR in the meanwhile.
That being said, your wife can't use the PGWP extension since she doesn't have a PGWP. But I'd wait a couple of months at least to see what happens with your PR application

ajisha18

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Wait at least until April, you may get PR in the meanwhile.
That being said, your wife can't use the PGWP extension since she doesn't have a PGWP. But I'd wait a couple of months at least to see what happens with your PR application
Thank you for your reply..
I called the call centre agent last week and they said my wife is also eligible to add in the application because I am eligible for it and she is already in Canada

Reactions: Vinami

Megakrish

Feb 14, 2020
I called the call centre agent last week and they said my wife is also eligible to add in the application because I am eligible for it and she is already in Canada
Hi,

I am also in the same boat and My pgwp also expiring in June 07, 2021. Am i eligible to apply for new 18 months work permit extension? did the agent confirm?

ajisha18

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Hi,

I am also in the same boat and My pgwp also expiring in June 07, 2021. Am i eligible to apply for new 18 months work permit extension? did the agent confirm?
have u applied PR as well ?
my confusion is whether to apply this one or BOWP .. I know I am eligible to apply for PGWP extension as I have PGWP right now but my wife have only OWP .. that’s where my doubt is ..the agent confirmed that I can apply both BOWP and PGWP extension under new public policy and I can add my wife in both ..

Megakrish

Feb 14, 2020
my confusion is whether to apply this one or BOWP .. I know I am eligible to apply for PGWP extension as I have PGWP right now but my wife have only OWP .. that’s where my doubt is ..the agent confirmed that I can apply both BOWP and PGWP extension under new public policy and I can add my wife in both ..
Yes i did. AOR May 30 2020. I am just confused whether i am eligible to apply 18 months work permit under new policy.

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
Oh that’s great to know. How do you add the spouse in your application?

JJAiden

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hi, did you apply for PGWP extension under new policy along with spouse OWP extension or yet to apply?

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
I submitted my application for PGWP extension on Feb 15th and saw Application Updated status when I logged in today showing application as approved. No email or request to submit passport yet though. Is that normal? Will I get an email/message for submitting passport for stamping later?

Reactions: JJAiden