+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PGWP 18 months extension apply online detailed released (Jan 27. 2021 new)

ayeshasultana2171

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
Hey ,
No It doesn’t require any medical and other documents which are required
1) expired pgwp or the one which is expiring
2) passport copy
3) one digital form- I don’t remember the name but u will get it once follow the steps while applying .
4 ) letter that says you’re applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former or Current Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holders

Do check the website/ forum before submitting the documents

Rojaj16

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hey ,
2) passport copy
3) one digital form- I don’t remember the name but u will get it once follow the steps while applying .
4 ) letter that says you’re applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former or Current Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holders

Thank you

islandlife

May 26, 2020
Hey ,
2) passport copy

This is not true in this case: If you answer YES to "Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?" then you will be asked to provide the proof of upfront medical exam.

Last edited:

Akinejyam

Jul 10, 2018
When did your PGWP expired?
Hi Ryne same situation here. Also have close wp now , but I have PGWP previously expired last Decemeber 2020. Also got ITA for EE. Any I dea if I am still eligible to apply for the open work permit? Thanks

Isilda

May 13, 2020
Hi there! Do I have to apply for my spouse work permit extension in the same time with my application for extending PGWP under the new policy?

ayeshasultana2171

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
Mine got refused but I will apply again since I didn't upload LOE. Question what exactly should I write in the LOE?

Just that I am applying under the new policy?
I am so sorry for the disheartening news ... I didn't know that it can be reapplied but it's good if you can.
Yes, please update the LOE stating that you are applying under the new public policy. please check the forum, a few good samaritans have already shared letter formats.

HemdonG

Feb 4, 2015
I am so sorry for the disheartening news ... I didn't know that it can be reapplied but it's good if you can.
Yes, please update the LOE stating that you are applying under the new public policy. please check the forum, a few good samaritans have already shared letter formats.
Yeah the refusal letter did mention I can re-apply for it. Thank you I will search for it.

HemdonG

Feb 4, 2015
How many days did it take to get refusal?
I applied on the day it became available. January 27 and I got the response on February 17. My WP is expiring on the 21st and I just re-submitted my application. Lets hope for the best