+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PGWP 18 months extension apply online detailed released (Jan 27. 2021 new)

jhunix

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/pgwp-extend.html

Who can apply
To be eligible for this open work permit, you must meet the following 5 requirements:

1. Your post-graduation work permit (PGWP)
    1. expired on or after January 30, 2020, or
    2. will expire within 4 months from the date you apply for this open work permit.
  2. You were in Canada as of January 27, 2021, when the public policy took effect, and have stayed in Canada since then.
  3. You either
    1. have a temporary resident status (this could be from having a valid PGWP, visitor record, or another permit that allows you to stay in Canada), or
    2. lost your temporary resident status, but you’ve already applied to restore it, or
    3. lost your temporary resident status, but you’ll apply to restore it at the same time as applying for this open work permit
  4. You include in your application that you’re applying for an open work permit under this public policy.
  5. You have a valid passport.
    1. The work permit will be issued for up to 18 months from the date of approval or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. For example, if your passport is valid for 6 months, then you will be issued an open work permit for 6 months.
    2. To maximize the duration of the open work permit, make sure your passport is valid for at least 18 months from the date of approval.
Hi, anyone here who was issued with 8-months of PGWP and meets all the requirements? How is the processing of your application for the extension of the open work permit?

I was issued with 8-months PGWP and it expired last July 2020. I meet all the requirements listed in the new public policy. I am just wondering if you have any trouble getting approval for the extension of the PGWP under the new public policy. I feel lucky and at the same time anxious I might get disapproved because I only held an 8-month PGWP.

What documents did you submit? Did you still submit your previous PGWP and Study permit?

Please let me know guys your insights. Thank you.

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
I have received approval for my work permit today, so i confirm, it is taking around 21 days to process.

If you have a visitor record processing, you are on implied status, it will also get approved immediately

Reactions: Rav@12

ayeshasultana2171

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
I have received approval for my work permit today, so i confirm, it is taking around 21 days to process.

If you have a visitor record processing, you are on implied status, it will also get approved immediately
Congratulations...
m still waiting for mine ... I applied on 30th Jan along with restoration .. idk when I will receive it

ViSierra

Apr 17, 2019
Hi all. I'm a bit confused as to how this policy works so I am hoping to get some feedback here. My PGWP is expiring this July which means that I can qualify to apply for the extension next month, March. For instance, if my application gets approved by April, will the additional 18 months start from the approval date or will it be from the time my PGWP expires?

I would greatly appreciate any response. Thank you.

islandlife

May 26, 2020

Congrats! If the processing times remain 21 days, hopefully I'll get mine next week. One less to stress about while waiting for my PR

Reactions: CripplingYogi194

ivananaa

Aug 24, 2020
Hi all. I'm a bit confused as to how this policy works so I am hoping to get some feedback here. My PGWP is expiring this July which means that I can qualify to apply for the extension next month, March. For instance, if my application gets approved by April, will the additional 18 months start from the approval date or will it be from the time my PGWP expires?

I would greatly appreciate any response. Thank you.
found this on the website:

Duration
Applicants who have submitted an application under this public policy may be issued an open work permit for a maximum length of 18 months from the date of approval or until the expiry of the applicant’s passport, whichever is sooner.

An open work permit under this public policy will only be issued to an eligible applicant once and cannot be extended.

Megakrish

Feb 14, 2020
My post graduate work permit is expiring in June 17th. Am i eligible to apply for 18 months work permit under this new policy??

ajisha18

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Hi everyone,
My PGWP expires on June 27,2021.. I have already applied for PR on May 19,2020 and it’s still in progress.. My spouse has OWP expires on the same day as mine June 27,2021... Now I am eligible to apply for both BOWP or PGWP Extension( I prefer PGWP extension as it has a validity of 18 months and its independent of PR)
Can you please suggest which one to apply and can I add my spouse as well in my PGWP extension application ?
If I can apply, what are the documents I need to provide them ?
Note: I am in NOC A level job for more than 2 years now.