+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired COPR

AjayKalra

Feb 15, 2019
copr got expired june 15, 2021…got remedical letter june 24, 2021…just done medical test and completed…just waitng for ppr…
Hi Manaloto,

Did you get an Email for the same? Which country do you belong? Can you share the subject line/sample content of the mail you got? Our COPR expired March 31st but till now we have got no mail.

When was your last medical done and expired?

Manaloto

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Hi Manaloto,

Did you get an Email for the same? Which country do you belong? Can you share the subject line/sample content of the mail you got? Our COPR expired March 31st but till now we have got no mail.

When was your last medical done and expired?
manila office…our medical expired together with our prv and copr….finish our remedical july 13, 2021….got email from manila visa office…hope this helps.

Gary501

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
manila office…our medical expired together with our prv and copr….finish our remedical july 13, 2021….got email from manila visa office…hope this helps.
Did you have to contact the Manila office to get your remedical letter or did they contact you?

uditmittal

Jun 27, 2019
Hi everyone,

COPR for my parents was issued before March 18, 2020 ; however due to covid they couldn't travel and the COPR is expired now.

We received and email (sub: Are you able to travel to canada soon?) on Jan 12, 2021 saying that IRCC was able to extend your medical exam validity and reply to the email within 10 days ONLY if you are sure you could travel to canada before May 31, 2021. As my parents were not prepared to travel at that time, so we didn't reply to the email.

Now as per the new update on IRCC website
"We’ve already contacted most people with expired COPRs issued on or before March 18, 2020, to explain what to do. If we already sent you instructions to do a new medical or submit updated documents, follow them and wait for us to tell you what happens next. You don’t need to contact us again.

We’re also working to contact anyone else with expired COPRs, including those issued after March 18, 2020.

What happens next:

• We’ll send you an email about your application.
  • If you answer the email and tell us you still want to come to Canada, we’ll tell you what to do next.
  • We may ask you for new medicals and/or updated information.
  • If you don’t respond, we’ll keep your file closed and you’ll have to reapply when you’re ready to come to Canada."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired

Can anyone suggest what does reapply mean here and how do I go ahead with it?
@legalfalcon any idea?
Hi everyone,

COPR for my parents was issued before March 18, 2020 ; however due to covid they couldn't travel and the COPR is expired now.

We received and email (sub: Are you able to travel to canada soon?) on Jan 12, 2021 saying that IRCC was able to extend your medical exam validity and reply to the email within 10 days ONLY if you are sure you could travel to canada before May 31, 2021. As my parents were not prepared to travel at that time, so we didn't reply to the email.

Now as per the new update on IRCC website
"We’ve already contacted most people with expired COPRs issued on or before March 18, 2020, to explain what to do. If we already sent you instructions to do a new medical or submit updated documents, follow them and wait for us to tell you what happens next. You don’t need to contact us again.

We’re also working to contact anyone else with expired COPRs, including those issued after March 18, 2020.

What happens next:

• We’ll send you an email about your application.
  • If you answer the email and tell us you still want to come to Canada, we’ll tell you what to do next.
  • We may ask you for new medicals and/or updated information.
  • If you don’t respond, we’ll keep your file closed and you’ll have to reapply when you’re ready to come to Canada."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired

Can anyone suggest what does reapply mean here and how do I go ahead with it?
@legalfalcon any idea?
Hi,

Just wanted to know, if you also received the above message in the IRCC Express Entry online account as well or it was only email. I am worried if I have missed the email.

Thanks in advance.

SJCochrane6

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
It’s been very disappointing how it’s all been handled. Considering they have made potential plans for tourists to visit again and we have been left high and dry with no information or timeframe whatsoever. And this is our lives and future and many have been waiting for like 18 months. I can understand that these are very uncertain times but they need to give us some sort of indication or information on how they are clearing the backlog and when people can expect to be able to make some sort of plans.

notoriousRTG

Oct 2, 2018
Were you in contact with the Canadian Embassy?
Because I got my COPR in 28th October 2020, and wondering how you got the mail earlier.